• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anybody have any recommendations for a good OG 3DS battery pack?

Torpoleon

So, I've had my OG 3DS since about a month after launch and noticed over the past several months that the battery hasn't been that great. I know the OG 3DS doesn't have outstanding battery life, but just recently it has only been lasting for just about 3 hours (no 3D, volume about halfway and Screen Brightness on Level 3). I seem to remember it lasting for at least close to 4 hours just earlier this year under essentially the same settings.

I think it's time for me to get a new battery pack (I'd rather not shell out $200 for a New 3DS XL, especially with NX coming out next year). I've been looking into getting the Nyko PowerPak for 3DS: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA13H2YU1041

Does anyone recommend that one or know of another one that they might personally recommend?

What has me worried about the Nyko PowerPak is that it doesn't seem to be sold directly from Nyko and is instead sold from PNP Games (actually cheaper on PNP Games' website than on Newegg, as I just found out), so I don't know if it is 100% trustworthy.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
You could always just replace the 3DS' battery itself, rather than getting one of those bulky things.

Torpoleon

You could always just replace the 3DS' battery itself, rather than getting one of those bulky things.
I'd prefer something that gives the 3DS more battery life than just the standard battery.