• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anyone annoyed by the lack of knowledge over Tracey?

BlueDragonfangirl

I know he's not popular in Japan or dub but he' was still a travel campion of Ash's, even in movie 20 they only showed a scene of him in the ending credits.

At least all the other main characters had scenes from the films, yet for some reason they didn't show one single scene of Tracey from the second movie.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yes, I get annoyed whenever they show off Pallet Town and he's not there.
He lives there just like Delia and Oak, but we never see him anymore...

Rajas

I mean I don't really miss him but seeing as he works for Oak, it would be nice to see him. At least say he left if they don't wanna show him or something.

Its because everyone hates Tracey

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Its because everyone hates Tracey

Lol.
No one hates Tracey (well, there's always a few haters). Most are simply just apathetic to his existence. Even if one is apathetic to him, it doesn't make sense for him not to appear at Oak's Lab ever.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I mean I don't really miss him but seeing as he works for Oak, it would be nice to see him. At least say he left if they don't wanna show him or something.

I do kind of feel that if the writers can't even be bothered to show Kenji during the few glimpses that we see of Okido-hakase's laboratory, that they might as well have Kenji go back to the Orange Archipelago. It would seem less cruel to his legacy if he's given closure rather than being left as a loose end.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Nebbygetinthebag

While I don't like Tracey that much but I was really annoyed that he did not even get a mention or a cameo in The SM Anime,Really disappointed by that.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Tracey was a character who was planned on a last minute basis to replace brock , but fandom dislike him soo much right from the start that writers had to bring back brock and had to leave out tracey. So he was screwed right from the start. I think he was pretty decent and his sycther was awesome. He was actually better in chronicles episode.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wasn't annoyed but disappointed for not being mentioned at least. I might be in the minority but I actually like him.

I think most people tend to like him as well. He's never been a fan favorite per se, but he's been harmless enough to never receive much ire or criticism. I'm actually relieved that some fans noticed his absence lately, because calling attention to the problem made me realize that I miss Kenji more than I thought I would.

Daizy

I call you honey
Tracey isn't the most exciting character, so I get why he's been so ignored. He didn't even need to show up in those two SM nostalgia episodes anyways since he wasn't a Kanto character.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
I like Tracey but I don't like care to be honest.
He is been kicked out of the show for 18 years and barely appears when Ash returns to Pallet town.
I think they might give him a short cameo or something considering he doesn't appear since AG iirc.

ToonsJazzLover

Not really, he wasn't that memorable of a character imo. Him finally making an appearance for the first time in ages would be a surprise if it ever happens.

Leonhart

Imagineer
He didn't even need to show up in those two SM nostalgia episodes anyways since he wasn't a Kanto character.

We saw many non-Kanto species of Pokemon during those episodes however, so I doubt that Kenji was left out simply because he wasn't a Kanto era character himself.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Eh I didn't care for Tracey and if he ever shows up again I only want it to be so that we'll see whether his team has changed since his last appearance (i.e. if his Scyther has evolved).

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
I think I heard somewhere that part of the problem is that his Jap VA is either unavailable or cost too much...

Though yeah, it's pretty bad when a character is so unpopular even the animators can't fit him in (though those episodes WERE hella overcrowded)

AdvancedGenGenesect

I think I heard somewhere that part of the problem is that his Jap VA is either unavailable or cost too much...

Though yeah, it's pretty bad when a character is so unpopular even the animators can't fit him in (though those episodes WERE hella overcrowded)

Its because tracey was a replacement of brock, and usually there's a problem which caused there to be a replacement.

But when the problem is easily solved and if people don't like the replacement, the replacement becomes Totally useless and usually gets abandoned in some way. this is exactly the problem with tracey and when the writers realized the racial problem with brock didn't exist tracey kind of became useless.

However I think him being removed from the main cast was done better than what you'd usually expect from an anime

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Even as a replacement character it wouldn't have killed them to come up with some quick backstory details for him. Like...just off the top of my head "he's an only child, a natural artist, a terrible poet no matter how hard he tries to be like Oak, grew up in Johto, is 15, Marill approached him while swimming and that's how they met", it isn't hard.