• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anyone annoyed by the lack of knowledge over Tracey?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I honestly forget that Tracey exists sometimes. He is pretty forgettable for the most part with the only memorable things about him is he’s an artist, has a Marill, and he had two of the few Bug types Misty wasn’t terrified of. He never played a major role in the Orange Islands arc and it would have been pretty much the same if he was taken out of the picture.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Captain Jigglypuff said:
He never played a major role in the Orange Islands arc and it would have been pretty much the same if he was taken out of the picture.

I'm surprised that he wasn't the cast's cook back then now that I think of it. He should've fulfilled that role just to give him a purpose for being with Satoshi.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I'm surprised that he wasn't the cast's cook back then now that I think of it. He should've fulfilled that role just to give him a purpose for being with Satoshi.
I think they were trying to make him as different from Brock as possible.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
As far as we know, he helps out Misty with the Cerulean Gym if he isn't assisting Professor Oak with the ranch. I did wish he got a mention like he did in BW but I'm really grateful we got a much awaited, bigger, and detailed update on Misty and Brock. That alone helped confirmed answers to some questions that most people would underlook.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Clearly Oak killed him after walking in on him and Ash's mom one night.

That or the writers forgot him?

Leonhart

Imagineer
LilligantLewis said:
I think they were trying to make him as different from Brock as possible.

If so, then they messed up since they ended up making him even more vapid than Takeshi was, which is an accomplishment I suppose.

MattySadler

In any story, not just Pokemon, I'm always a big fan of past characters showing up in some way, shape or form, even if it is just a split second cameo or something. I think it creates continuity and adds to the depth of the story.

I can't pretend Tracey is a particularly good or memorable character, but for me at least, his character reappearing during the rare and brief occasions we return to Pallet Town wouldn't take much effort but could be fairly effective.