• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anyone else deal with the "only original pokes are good" people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikator

RnG- The Masterpiece
Of the seven guys I share a house with, 6 say only the first 150 matter n the rest are s**te, the other one says 251 are good cos he played Silver. I think it's all down to what you play, personally looking at the gen 3/4 sprites I don't like them, cos I have never seen them in an anime or used them in the game. But i'm sure when I play though emerald/platinum they will grow on me, just people like to throw out objections to everything and have a blindsighted opinion.

Haunter ゴースト

While I agree completely, considering Satoshi Tajiri designed all the first and second generation Pokemon.

I won't deny I do like all of the new generations, it's the same for any new thing really, you just have to learn to accept change.

How is it any different to people saying a newer gen is the best? Or a particular type is the best? Or a series of the anime, or an evil team, or a single pokemon, or anything else. People have their favourites. Just because their favourites happen to be the first set of pokemon, doesn't make them wrong.
Hey you gotta admit it's only natural people would hold the other viewpoint. They're keeping with the times. It's just how it works. Pkmn is so complex it had a lot of stuff that needed to be tinkered around with (in addition to the new stuff), that only really got accomplished last gen. It's not like the game is overall static across all iterations. Among all that new stuff, there's almost always at least one good thing about them to grab people in.

Not to go too off topic here (and I hope I'm not), but...

I'm not really sure, but does it seem like the other way around for gaming in general? There seem to be a lot of players slandering older games.

MegSuicune251

Pokemon's #1 Fan
Pretty much everyone deals with those people. I just say haters gonna hate.

abrar14

Statter Master
i just put up with em. its annoying though

SurfingHaxorus

I Love gen 1 pokemon and Kanto as much as the next Pokefan, BUT I feel sorry for the fans that are still trapped there!

ShimmerInTheDark

Ace Trainer
While I do prefer the first 2 gens (being the ones I first discovered, starting with Blue & Red) I still enjoy all the other generations for all that they're worth. I think it's great that pokemon is STILL around, after all these years. I basically grew up with pokemon, from around age 10 til now, in my 20s. Everytime I hear someone complain that so and so generation is better than the other, I just roll my eyes and usually tell that person they should be thankful that pokemon is still going strong. GF could have easily called it a day with the first 2 gens and quit.

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
I hate 1st gen only people. Man, they drive me nuts.

Meowth City

Staff member
I do have a preference to first gen Pokemon like Meowth (obviously!), Growlithe, Pikachu, etc. However, there was many Pokemon I adore in this lastest gen of Pokemon such as Victini, Oshawott and many more. Across the whole series - Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova all have good and bad Pokemon.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Ehh. It's annoying, but I really don't let it bother me. Most people don't play Pokemon as much; most of the people complaining only played Pokemon when they were like, 8 or 9, and never played past either Gold and Silver or Ruby and Sapphire.

When someone who actually is a Pokemon fan dislikes the newer gens, hey. They've tried to look into it at least. They found something to dislike; not my place to try to get them past it. If they actually argue with me though, try to tell me why gen 1-2/3 are the best, that's when I'll argue.

But again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
I was rhinkin' th same thang here :/
I think the creators are running out of ideas

But anyway.. I loved how they did have some bright ideas for a Gothic Pokemon, nya

Haxy

legendary spooky silke
To be honest, I have never met someone like that. But if it ever happens, I think I'll just deal with it, especially since it's an opinion.

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
Yeah a lot of people do say that. I don't really agree with the originals only being good, but I would say that designs generally went downhill after Hoenn in my opinion.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I try to ignore these kind of people.

orangezilla

Who's dar man
If you ask someone what their favourite and they say pikachu, there's a 99% chance it's the only one they know.

SnugNBouncy

Everyday Im Snugglin
Like Alex Day... but I am one of the nostalgia buffs myself, having been playing since the RBY days and I agree that these are the best, but surely not the only good ones. They are the best in terms of the connection I have to them, not necessarily their designs or stats.

Nebbio

NINJA!
They are intitled to their own opinion. It is just that theirs is stupid

I can't stand the people who think like that. Sure the 'originals' had greatd designs, but there are other Pokemon which have great designs as well. Who wouldn't want to train a Pokemon that is 0.06 ft big.

LetsGoJeto

I pwn weather teams
It's pretty unfair to assume that the people who do say the first gen is better is because of nostalgia. The first gen is better in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.