• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anyone else deal with the "only original pokes are good" people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotallySnivy

It's not very hard to argue with them. Trubbish is just garbage, then what is Ditto? I liked BW and it's probably my favorite game. I actually had a lot of fun playing it.

M4zz

Banned
Well, originality has it's own flare compared to any of the new releases. Want a hint? They're original. They were what WE grew up with, where the show actually had dynamic characters and a plotline, the card game was simpler, and the concept itself was new. Don't get me wrong, the new games are great. The original Pokemon are just, well, original, and aren't knockoffs of each other.

I consider the original 251 to be original by the way.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
There's a difference between having the first gen as your favourite, and thinking first gen is the only good gen and ramming it down people's throats.

Most of them are just hipsters who 'like' pokemon ironically/because it's retro. I mostly ignore them.

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
A bunch of my friends thought this. Then I forced them to play B/W and they love it. They no longer think the originals are the best... well... some of them do. But it's because they still like them the most, not because they are original.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I actually like most newer Pokemon. My first game was Ruby so I got attached to a lot of Generation III Pokemon and Generation IV Pokemon when I started playing Pearl.

I'm starting to get attached to Generation V Pokemon as well even though I haven't gotten Black yet (which I am getting as a birthday present).

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
They are just hipsters. My brother does that all the time.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
It's worst when they're also nostalgic of the anime. I grew up playing the pokemon games in release order starting from Red but I am not one bit nostalgic about anything from the first gen and I don't give a rat's *** about Misty.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
If someone thinks that Gen I is the best, let them be. Everyone has their own opinion.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Im in love with 5 gen
The whole univa region is awsome and the pokemos are great too
i dont undrestand the original pokemon lovers
My least fav gen is sinnoh

PMDFanatic

I think that all of the Pokémon are great, however GenV (Black/White) seems massively different to the others and I don't really like it as much. It almost seems like the creators are running out of ideas, I guess...

Black/White has awesome plots and music to make up for that, though. I'm hoping they'll make a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game with Gen V in it...

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Well, originality has it's own flare compared to any of the new releases. Want a hint? They're original. They were what WE grew up with, where the show actually had dynamic characters and a plotline, the card game was simpler, and the concept itself was new. Don't get me wrong, the new games are great. The original Pokemon are just, well, original, and aren't knockoffs of each other.

I consider the original 251 to be original by the way.

I find it odd that this has to even be a factor.

Believe it or not, my first game was not Diamond and Pearl, or even Ruby and Saphire. It was Pokemon Red. Do I look Nostalgia Biased? No. I have characters like Loudred, Simisear, and Magneton in my sig. I adore everyone's least favorite Pokemon like my favorite pet cat. I even prefer 4th gens new evos to 2nd gens. Sure I still think 1st gen has some cool monsters, but I will always have an open mind to newer gens.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
It's pretty unfair to assume that the people who do say the first gen is better is because of nostalgia. The first gen is better in my opinion.

But most of the time they are.

LadyLady

"deal with them". How can you deal with someone's opinion? The whole world is full of them and if you can't even except the small fact that people like the 1st gen more, then your going to have alot of arguments through out your life. ^_^

pokechamp219

Scottish Octopuses:P
I always deal with these kind of people, saying that the generation V starters are stupid, and they never compare to the Generation 1 starters. In my oppenion, Pokemon Black and White's starters are Serperior! XD

zipzap713

@Peteyism
I have a bunch of friends who play Pokemon. A good majority of them think the original RBY are the only way to play, while the others are fine and enjoy the new ones. I don't really have a problem with the "150 only" people, I enjoyed the first generation. But I just think they're missing out by not playing the newer ones, considering how much the games have evolved.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I always deal with these kind of people, saying that the generation V starters are stupid, and they never compare to the Generation 1 starters. In my oppenion, Pokemon Black and White's starters are Serperior! XD

Ehh, Emboar and Samurott are cool (Serperior doesn't exist to me) but I'd argue about that. I think Venasaur, Charizard, and Blastoise are pretty awesome, too.

I grew up with Generation 1....guess what? It isn't my favorite gen! o.o 3rd gen is. I dislike second gen the most >.> but I definatley don't hate it.

I don't usually see them, but they are annoying when you do find them. Just ignore them :3

Status
Not open for further replies.