• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anyone else find this weird?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
As everyone knows, if you walk into a trainer's line of sight they walk up to you, say a line, and challenge you to a battle.

Most trainer lines reflect the fact that they're challenging you.

Some on the other hand, are just awkward. Like the girl who walks up to you from half the screen away, says she doesn't like battling, and then challenges you to a battle.

I mean, sometimes these trainers are positioned so they can't walk up to you (like that cell phone girl near Union Cave in G/S/C/HG/SS), but it's really weird otherwise.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Heh. Maybe the narrative of the games assumes that your character would run around the routes challenging anyone carrying Poke Balls to battles. Then again, there are plenty of trainers who will repeat the annoying fact that you can't turn down a trainer battles, as if you tried to refuse them when they walked up to you.

XD

Dattebayo

Banned
Let's not forget that there are some trainers who say lines that sound more like they want to chat with you rather than battling you, like the shorts guy.

tom_tom

Dunsparce
I hate the phone calls about chatting ^^^

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
How about when you are in front/behind/next out of their eyesight they act like they are the ones who saw you first. Uh hello I CHALLENGED You, you do not challenge me lol.

Lucario God 1

Master of Lucario
It is really annoying when you have a pokemon on 1HP with no PP left. Happpened to me once. Just got out mah trusty Lucario and beat the crap out of them. You'd think if they saw a level 88 with beastly special attack, aura spehere and dark pulse, they'd be scared of battling.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
The player never gets any spoken lines. If he/she did, I would be yelling the crap out of those trainers. Plus, it would be a lot easier if you could just yell out "Oi dude! I challenge you!" or something along those lines~

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
One of the Lass, in FR/LG I think.

"Eek!! Did you touch me?" (or something along that lines)
Then she walk up to me and a battle starts.

...umm, I was probably at least HALF A SCREEN AWAY from you.
And I tried to AVOID you, not touch you -_-

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
One of the Lass, in FR/LG I think.

"Eek!! Did you touch me?" (or something along that lines)
Then she walk up to me and a battle starts.

...umm, I was probably at least HALF A SCREEN AWAY from you.
And I tried to AVOID you, not touch you -_-

haha, I remember that! lol!

GottaCatchUmAll215

live life play pkmn
it really ticks me off when you get to that point where your sick of trainer battles and you stand on the diagonal waiting for the trainer to look in the opposite direction and they look away and when you try and walk past them bam the look and "hey do you want to battle"

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I hate the annoying responses you get sometimes when you answer your Pokegear call:
some kid goes:
"You remember my Rattata? He is now the top Rattata of all Rattata!" or something along those lines, something about bragging about his pathetic Rattata that I probably KOd with my Growlithe or something like that.

Good point. but then again, this is pokemon we are talking about, it could simply be "nintendo logic" :p

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
I hate the annoying responses you get sometimes when you answer your Pokegear call:
some kid goes:
"You remember my Rattata? He is now the top Rattata of all Rattata!" or something along those lines, something about bragging about his pathetic Rattata that I probably KOd with my Growlithe or something like that.

But by that point you've re-battled him and it's evolved and he still brags about rattata.

What I find funny is that I battle a kid on route 204 and send out a giratina and the kid sends out, (very eargerly, like he thinks he'll win) a bidoof

Moneyy

INACTIVE
This is even more weird in HG and SS because even if they see a Lv. 100 Arceus walking behind you they would still want to battle you.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
This is even more weird in HG and SS because even if they see a Lv. 100 Arceus walking behind you they would still want to battle you.
just lol, nintendo logic at its most evolved form...

I like the ones that say it was just a fluke that you beat them, where as in reality it was actually like a 6-0 win with your weakest pokemon

Mudkip8003

A fisherman in route 104 says "Hey! I just caught this awsome POKEMON, and it seems like magic!" And then he sends out a Magicarp. >_<

Sushich3f

Munchlax Trainer
The Trainers are very confident in their low level pokemon.