• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anyone else glad they included the GB sounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfkill482

Wolfkill
I'm glad that they did, after all these years that i had spent playing Pokemon Crystal, the music of the game came to mean a lot to me not to mention enhance my experience that I had with the game. To me, there is nothing like walking into Azalea Town and hearing that sweet Nostalgia that is bestowed upon you as you remember the good ol' days of Crystal, Gold and Silver where the only thing that matter to you was making sure that you had enough batteries for your gameboy for this weekends Pokemon trade or battle with your friends. what are your thoughts on the matter?

Kalosian

So long
I thought it was a nice feature, even if I didn't use it that much. Only if I wanted to try and remember how it was when I played the original games, which wasn't very often. There were a few remade tracks I didn't like, so the GB Sounds allowed me to listen to the originals which I in some cases liked better. I also liked how they gave the new music in the games chiptune tracks, like on Route 47/48.

I thought it was a nice touch. I never really used it though, unless I wanted to specifically hear certain tracks in 8-bit.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
I thought it was a nice touch. I never really used it though, unless I wanted to specifically hear certain tracks in 8-bit.

This pretty much. The music really sounds better remastered on the DS, the only time I really used the old sounds was in Lavender Town for some nostalgia shivers.

I think it's great that they added it.
It's like having a mini time machine in your Key Items pocket, but as others here have said, the HGSS music is actually quite nice! :)

wolfkill482

Wolfkill
I'm glad there are those of us that liked it. I liked being able to revert to it as well if i didnt like the remastered versions of the tunes. I especially liked it in the towns where I really enjoyed the tunes when I first heard them such as some of my favourite towns like Azalea town or Saffron city. I must ask you all, what of the battle music? did you enjoy the newer battle music that still was reminiscent of the old ones?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I thought it was wonderful at first, but after using it for a few hours, I quickly got tired of it. The old G/S/C music just didn't suit the remakes imo. That may be because Game Freak had to re-compose the tracks and changed some things around (kind of ironic since they were supposed to be the originals). Regardless, I don't use the GB Sounds anymore.

Cutty

Forever now
I tried it but I didnt really use it. And I only tried to listen some of my fave old tracks.
Neat, but not really important like shiny leaf and most of the stuff in the game. :/

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
It was a great addition. I can finally listen to my good old tracks.

Ahh, nostalgia.

Ludakrix

Legen-waitforit-dary
I put a lot of hours into my Gold Version and was heartbroken when the battery gave way during sometime in Gen 3.

Listening to the old 8-bit tracks really brings me back. I'm obsessed with the opening of the Violet City track.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Even though I never had access to the originals I still loved the GB sounds to see what they sounded like back then.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
I gotta say that it was a really good addition to the game. I never played the original games but it's pretty nice to hear what they sounded like before they got remakes.
- Nate the;448;

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I didn't play the originals so the nostalgia factor wasn't there for me but it was still quite interesting to listen to, especially to relieve the boredom when grinding or hatching eggs.

Tancar911

V Where's Squirtle?
I actually didnt notice it until like a year after i got the game, but now i use it every time i play lol, had gold, silver, and crystal, so it made me feel at home

Trainer Michael

Pokemon Champion
Totally.

After I got it, I had it on the whole time. Never had it off. I'm a total nostagia fan, and I love listening to the originals. Makes me feel like I'm 10 years old again. :)

SmellYaLater

Defiantly! It was a remake after all and they wanted to keep the game almost the same as the original by including the awesome feature!

Serebii!

It's a cool thing to have in the game but I never had any of the 2nd generation games so I don't find myself using it that often

Status
Not open for further replies.