• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anyone else glad they included the GB sounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
GB sounds? Best idea game freak have ever had. The first thing I did when I put in my soul silver was turn on GB sounds. Since I've never played Pokemon on game boy it was actually facinating. My cousin really wants me to tell her how to get it.

fire.

The GB-Player (or GB-sounds) is one of my aims in SoulSilver, which I have to achieve!
It is very nice of Game Freak to include this item because on the one hand, you can remember the times, when you played Silver, Gold or Crystal; on the other hand, those ones,
which do not like the 'old' sound, can listen to the new one.

I was actually glad they included the GB sounds. It was like listening to music from the old games again, although its sound is slightly different from the original.

I actually have to try to get the GB sounds again in my SoulSilver game. And when I do, I will probably tune in and listen to the nostalgic sounds.

MR DS BOY

Pokemon Master
The GB Sounds item is one of my favourite features in the game and I'm so glad that they included it. I absolutely love that we can have our Pokemon follow along with us and I really hope that Game Freak include the option to do in X and Y.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I was actually glad they included the GB sounds. It was like listening to music from the old games again, although its sound is slightly different from the original.

I probably would've enjoyed the music a lot more if Game Freak had just kept the original audio instead of practically recreating it from scratch. Granted, the songs still sound close to the originals, but since I've played G/S/C for more than a decade I can hear the distinct differences between the BGM and it bothers me more than it should lol.

ChuckNorris

I really liked the GB Sounds. It's too bad you get it so late in the game.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
The GB Sounds is like, the best inclusion in Pokemon ever, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... yes! I am happy they included. If R/S/E are remade I want them to include it and name it GBA sounds.

wolfkill482

Wolfkill
Im glad you all still like it! the GB sounds for me was so melodic in terms of its Nostalgia. It's like coming home again when you play them, back to the old days when nothing else really mattered. I can of course understand why some may feel it wears a bit thin after a while, dont get me wrong the new soundtrack composed for HG/SS was equally fantastic i thought. Still, there are just some things in that game i love and the GB sounds is always going to be one of them.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
While I definitely prefer the new music, I do like to put the GB Sounds on every once in a while in order to remember what the old music was like. It's a nice way to reminisce about the past IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.