• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anyone else hate single-type champions?

Aakash98

Well I hate Wallace due to his Milotic however him having only water types bugs noting I can use one single strong Grass Type to sweep him, well at least Steven had only 3 steels instead of 6 otherwise my Camerupt would've destroyed him.

gliscor&yanmega

Well I hate Wallace due to his Milotic however him having only water types bugs noting I can use one single strong Grass Type to sweep him, well at least Steven had only 3 steels instead of 6 otherwise my Camerupt would've destroyed him.

I don't see how a Grass type would be in a good position against Tentacruel, Ludicolo, or Gyarados considering they all take neutral damage from Grass type moves. More over, Wailord, Tentacruel, and Milotic have an Ice move.

They don't annoy me, as such but are considerabley easier. The own valid example you had is Wallace, but the less said about him the better, I mean he's cool as a leader but Juan was essentially him with a few more quid.
Lance, in HG/SS had Charizard (fire/flying), Gyarados (Water/flying), Aerodactyl (rock/flying) and three underleveled Dragonite (Dragon/Flying). So Lance was a challenge, except for the unimaginative triple dragonite.
Iris is the same, she had Aggron (Steel/rock), Archeops (rock/flying) AND LAPRAS (water/ice).

There aren't actually many cases were this is applicable, but what annoys me more is when someone is said to be a monotype dragon champion and has three dragonite and three others which COULD be dragon type.

EonDragonFTW

Lance is actually a monotype Flying champion, he just doesn't Know it.

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
I never had a "problem" with them. They usually have most of their bases covered and are, overall, just as hard as a regular multi-type champion. They just come across as a little less imaginative.

Sealotic

Hate ? No... For sure sometimes it's easier, but Lance was a hard champion.

Also, Alder hasn't been rough for me, he is pretty weak when you have plenty of Fire types !

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
Aside from Volcarona, Alder was probably the easiest Champion to squash on my end--and that was because most of his pokes were either Bugs or shared a crippling weakness to Fighting or Rock. So yes, I guess you have a point about mono-typers.

remybutton

I don't hate them, I just don't like the fact how easy they were. If they're going to specialize in one type, I feel as if they're the exact same thing as gym leaders and elite fours, except they get to stand on a pedestal and receive special treatment. Compared to them, the multitype champions were far superior in terms of challenge. Hopefully for the upcoming X and Y, we won't get a single type champion.

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
I don't have anything in particular against them, but I just think it's a little annoying that they're easier than the multi-type champions. Although, Alder was quite wasy as well.

Mighty Arceus493

Relentless.
I don't hate single typed champions, but they're pretty easy to counter. Blue/Green and Cynthia are great champions but Alder was too easy for some reason... I hope the 6th gen champion is a challenge and uses multiple types.

gliscor&yanmega

I don't hate single typed champions, but they're pretty easy to counter. Blue/Green and Cynthia are great champions but Alder was too easy for some reason... I hope the 6th gen champion is a challenge and uses multiple types.

The challenge is situational. It depends on how you are battling them which determines how much of a challenge they will be for you or not.

Cressy

Theyre only "easy" if you use the right pokemon.

MuseHarmonia

~♥Raichu♥~

Wallace bugged me. I couldn't defeat him for anything. I tried like 54 times. xD

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
I love them! just use pokemon that are super effective against the champion's mono-type team = free exp.

Derpy Hooves

I <3 Muffins
I don't hate them, they're not much of a challenge to battle against if you have a type that is supereffective against them. But if you want a challenge then just use Pokemon with types that are weak against said champion.