• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anyone else have the fake Pokemon Crystal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kochoupink

butts lol
I bought a used cartridge at Gamestop today and thought, "That's odd, why is the cartridge black instead of clear blue and speckly?"
My friends, it is a fake game. Professor Elm is Dr. Wusiji, Pokemon are "Elfs" (sic), and Chikorita is called something like "Qiaouzu."
I can't decide if I should keep it for the entertainment value or return it. Anyone else ever bought one of these? What were your experiences with it?

snowwhiteminx

...but it's wrong!
Keep it, it's made of win. I mean, Pokekon called "Elfs" lol.

There's - well d'oh - a fake gba version of crystal. It's still widely available on ebay and the like. If I'm not mistaken it's the same as (I don't have it and neither do any of my friends) as the original except that it's on a different type of cartridge and well, fake :p.

I used to own a fake copy of FireRed. Bought it during a holiday in Turkey along with some other games (knowing they were fake) cause I was bored with the stuff I had with me. Got the original FireRed and LeafGreen a few weeks later and gave the fake to a friend. The fake FireRed worked just fine and had all the original names and stuff.

SheWhoLovesPineapples

That's awesome. I'd keep it. I love bootleg Pokemon stuff.

If you're not gonna keep it, sell it to me. ;P

The Lemonkraken

The Toad Man Shuffle
Nope

Nope, never touched\played a bootlegged Crystal.

Xtra

You will be missed:(
Shouldn't the people at Gamestop be educated on the differences between a real and a fake? And refuse to take a fake game?

iamnotiangibson

EV Trainer
I've actually seen the black Crystal before. I would keep it for the entertainment.

aerisLana

i cannot believe
Well, I did buy a fake Pokemon Crystal in the past, but the features weren't like what the topic starter mentioned. Although it's kinda close, the names of the pokemon are mixed too in a mumbo-jumbo language. I eventually lost it; thank goodness. ><

mudkip12

Exploding Knees.
Hmm... i think i know what you have there. does it have a dodgy dragon thing on the front of the box/cartridge? if it does its this weird fake i read about that has rubbish translations which is quite funny because it says things like "some points of 24 lost!", but no i have never even seen a fake game exept in pictures.

Xtra

Hmm... i think i know what you have there. does it have a dodgy dragon thing on the front of the box/cartridge? if it does its this weird fake i read about that has rubbish translations which is quite funny because it says things like "some points of 24 lost!", but no i have never even seen a fake game exept in pictures.

The one with rubbish translation is an actual game in Japan made by Nastume (the makers of the Harvest Moon series). Nastume did sell the game, but only in Japan. Someone else, without Nastume's permission, had the game translated (if you can call it that) and sent to American shores to rip off unsuspecting people

necropedal

Yeah, I heard that there were fakes out there, hell my local market sells versions of a game called Pokémon Chaos Black Version, whatever that is.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
I once bought a fake. Japanese Gold fake cartridge from gametraders (a game store in Australia). The nicknaming area had question marks and exclamation mark and that's it. No letters at all. No japanese letters and no english.lol

The Pokemon names when sent out in battle actually keep changing though I don't know what it's changing to and from since it's japanese. I don't think I want to know what it's changing to and from in all honesty.o_O

All I know is it's not supposed to do that and I actually have legit Japanese Pokemon games. The japanese symbols that are in the Pokemon names in the fake don't even resemble the Japanese letters in the real. So I know it says something different.

It also had HoOh flying over a block instead of clouds in the title screen.=P

The thing that got me is that store is still getting second hand games from people that are Pokemon but fake. The most recent one was another gold version though I had to laugh.

It had a picture of Ash in his Hoenn outfit on the back and the front says the japanese name and then in english Pocket monsters and at the bottom states it's the US edition of it.o_O

It was the most obvious fake I've ever seen. I should really get around to informing them but I seem to get distracted buying all the other games that are legit and then realising on the train that I should have mentioned it. I've done that twice now and according to their site it's still there. It been there for over a month.XD

Last edited:

Xtra

Yeah, I heard that there were fakes out there, hell my local market sells versions of a game called Pokémon Chaos Black Version, whatever that is.

A 3rd Gen. hack that was put into cartridge form without the hacker's knowledge. The hack was (and still is) unfinished.

necropedal

Is Chaos Black worth the time and money or should I give it a miss.

necropedal

That makes perfect sense IIMarckus

EnteiFirecracker

Destiny Calls
That's rather funny. You should keep it cause it's pretty much unique but if you're not gonna play it because of its odd differences I suggest selling it online. You could get a lot of money from people who love that sort of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.