• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anyone else notice these last couple years the anime has broken trends? (Spoilers)

GMax Helios

Sun/Moon's been aired for at least 3 years and we're still talking about the animation? (Sigh)

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
There's always the potential that Ash becomes the strongest Pokemon trainer of the animeverse just like Red is the strongest Pokemon trainer of the game and mangaverse. I wonder if that will ever happen. What about you guys? Can you see Ash one-shotting a villainous team leader's Ace Pokemon with ease?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Doesn’t surprise me that much since the franchise in general has had some detours from the norm for quite awhile (for better or for worse). It’s more of a subconscious thing that you notice.
Sun/Moon's been aired for at least 3 years and we're still talking about the animation? (Sigh)
People still try to convince that it’s good/bad for whatever reason. Never understood the obsession people here have with convincing others over the smallest topics

Leonhart

Imagineer
shoz999 said:
There's always the potential that Ash becomes the strongest Pokemon trainer of the animeverse just like Red is the strongest Pokemon trainer of the game and mangaverse. I wonder if that will ever happen. What about you guys? Can you see Ash one-shotting a villainous team leader's Ace Pokemon with ease?

Given all that Satoshi has accomplished so far, I could see him defeating a villainous team leader easily in the future. Hopefully Rose will actually appear in the new series and be Satoshi's opponent.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Maybe I'm on minority but I actually like the change on Ash's eyes. Specially after it was refined by XY.

And him not wearing gloves anymore too

I really miss that detail on his design.

Though I've grew to like PM 2019 a lot, specially after the last two episodes.

XY Ash could start his own fanclub with a bunch of characters in there, really. Even Alain, who would probably screw Sawyer for president status.

Alain is totally a part of the club. Despite beating him in the league, he still remembered him after the battle (remember that scene where Alain sees Ash's face reflected in his pokéball?)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:
Maybe I'm on minority but I actually like the change on Ash's eyes. Specially after it was refined by XY.

I've never really paid much attention to his eyes outside of BW where they became a light brown color that was noticeably different from their dark brown color in OS through DP. In any case, I didn't mind that change as much as I minded the somewhat longer length of Satoshi's hair in XY that covered part of his ears. For some reason that really bugged me.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
SM Ash looked somewhat bad but the XY style didn't fit what they wanted to do in that series imo
Imagine an adult/teenager-looking Ash with all the slapstick(even it some amount already existed even in XY, like Clemont inventions) and in school

I think even if he did the island challenge in journey-formula tall like that it would look a bit unfitting

brtnvm

Giselle best girl
SM Ash looked somewhat bad but the XY style didn't fit what they wanted to do in that series imo
Imagine an adult/teenager-looking Ash with all the slapstick(even it some amount already existed even in XY, like Clemont inventions) and in school

I think even if he did the island challenge in journey-formula tall like that it would look a bit unfitting
No it would've looked fine.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Given all that Satoshi has accomplished so far, I could see him defeating a villainous team leader easily in the future. Hopefully Rose will actually appear in the new series and be Satoshi's opponent.
I want to see the moment when Ash realizes, "Am I too strong?" and has a harder time finding anything fun in the majority of Pokemon battles. It'd be like Volkner, Bea or for a while in the manga, Red.

Leonhart

Imagineer
shoz999 said:
I want to see the moment when Ash realizes, "Am I too strong?" and has a harder time finding anything fun in the majority of Pokemon battles. It'd be like Volkner, Bea or for a while in the manga, Red.

I'd love to see him get to a point where he becomes so strong that normal Pokemon battles will lose their novelty to him. I doubt it'll ever happen since the writers always seem to find a way to keep Satoshi from becoming too powerful, but it's interesting to picture in my head.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
It might not be exactly what happened, but when Ash left Alola it felt a bit like that to me
He was basically the strongest trainer in Alola already, the league was over, Ash felt there wasn't much to do in Alola anymore and then accepted the idea of coming back home to travel the world

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
The biggest wtf moment? Who the hell tries to catch a Wishcash with a freaking Master ball?

The whole point of Suzumura using the Master Ball was that he was tired of his never-ending quest to catch Nushi. If I remember right, he had been at if for 50 years, so at that point his desperation seemed justified.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Ash never battled Masked Royal or all of Guzma’s pokémon, so he's not the strongest trainer in Alola
What...Ash battled Masked Royal, what were you watching? By any logic, Koko was stronger than whatever Royal's last Pokemon would have been. And Ash is stronger than Guzma. Yeah, Guzma got screwed by bad timing of an Ability, but Ash wasn't really having all that much trouble with him either.

Last edited: