• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anyone else the female Psuedo Rivals need more personality?

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
Anyone else think the female Psuedo Rivals need more personality?

I've played as both Brendan and May in Emerald, I've also played as both Dawn and Lucas in Diamond.

Brendan has some sort of personality, maybe even character development. May..Is just so helpful, and giggly. I've always seen her as being a tomboy, I can handle her being so peppy but she needs some sort of personality. She's just "That girl that follows you and helps you".

Lucas has a personality of sorts, he seems to be a joker. He's still a bit annoying, but at least he has a personality. Dawn though..She's hardly better then May.

The female Psuedo Rivals are so stereotypically feminine and helpful. I hate it.

I'd hate to see what they would do to Leaf, she's my favorite character in the franchise.

Last edited:

Charmageddon

I think that all the pseudo-rivals are as dull as dishwater. They all need a personality transplant, male or female.

Charmageddon

I think that all the pseudo-rivals are as dull as dishwater. They all need a personality transplant, male or female.

AzureWatcher

Glacier Hugger
Yes. We need another Blue. Or even another Silver character. Pokémon needs more "villainous" rivals. Because the two rivals, the psuedo-rival and the "Proffessor aid /family friend rival" (( i.e. Dawn, Lucas... Wally in R/S/E.)) are absolutely BORING.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
I meant the female rivals. Compare Brendan to May, or Lucas to Dawn. The females have no real personality; they're just preppy, helpful girls who follow you and do nothing.

Lucas is a useless joker, and Brendan has spunk.

Last edited:

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I've never really cared for the pseudo-rivals, so I can't really comment on them. Any time I see them, I just kinda blank out what they're saying.

Y'know, why do they need the pseudo-rival? Maybe they should just do away with that aspect.

Fataal

Lone Archetype
I like Damion, Green, Lucas, Wally, and Brendan.

Now stop complaining and talk about the topic.

Your topic: Both are equally boring.
Side topic: They should make both rivals like silver and blue.

Fataal

Lone Archetype
I like Damion, Green, Lucas, Wally, and Brendan.

Now stop complaining and talk about the topic.

Your topic: Both are equally boring.
Side topic: They should make both rivals like silver and blue.

Luminous

Truly Altruistic
All rivals have something reminiscent of a personality. Just because because you don't like theirs doesn't mean its non-existent.

Vernikova

Champion
Both the male and female characters need more personality. They really just seem to have a one-dimensional personality and could get a boost to make them more interesting.

superjesus1

Every rival/pseudo rival since G/S/C has been a a ridiculously bubbly android with 0 personality, well the female ones are anyway - i just find May and Dawn in the games to be intolerable XD Then again, their male counterparts aren't much of an improvement =P I think Wally is the most annoying of all though XD

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
All they need to do is look at:

1. The Brendan D/P/PT sprite from Pokecharms a while back.
2. His official R/S artwork.

and interpet and use those, and he can become the best character ever.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
Brendan has personality. Lucas has personality.

May is just a bubbly girl who acts like your mom. Dawn just follows you and gives you things.

MegaTravis

Pokemon Trainer
Yeah I think that they do need more personality. They do seem pretty boring. And I wish you actually battled your pseudo rival as well.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Well, rather technically, THAT IS THEIR PERSONALITY.

Being helpful.

Also, I'd really like someone to try and point out how the D/P/P rival is boring. I mean seriously, the main thing most people seem to hate him for is because he "has too much energy" (despite the fact that the trait seems to be genetic, seeing how his father is also rather energetic) and "too nice". Seriously, people don't want a rival to be nice?

Have people forgotten what the word even means anymore?