• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anyone else think Pokemon need to take a step back?

Flying Weasel

Not really, there have been 3D elements since D/P. Just look at Castelia City!.
I think you mean B/W not D/P.
But I can agree with the OP to a point, personally I prefer B/W graphics over the new graphics. Something about the Camera angle seems weird to me especially on the screen with the trainers on a route with a town in the background. People keep saying that the 3DS graphics look much better in person then on a computer screen though so I think I'll just wait a while before I make any final decisions.

Rakansen

ラルフ
No, if anything, my favorite graphics style is the Gen V one, and that's counting the new 3D graphics from Gen VI!

Meeker

It needs a fence.
Everything's fine, are you telling me we're going to have gen wunners of other gens now?

Even if it was bad, they wouldn't stop upgrading. It's the way things go man.

Flamer

Personally, I'm really looking forward to the 3D graphics and other new features that Gen 6 will bring. As much as I love the 2D battles and over world, we've had it for years and years and the prospect of exploring a region with some real depth and scale is pretty exciting. With a series like Pokemon with so much history and tradition, I doubt we're ever going to get some horrific sort of development that really ruins the game. Game Freak have proved time and time again that they know what they're doing when it comes to adding new features and keeping the game fresh

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
Wise words.
What's great is that no matter how much things change, you can always dust off your old GBA cartridges and pop 'em in for old times' sake.
You could do the same with your GBC cartridges, I guess, but good luck getting them to function properly. If I so much as tap my GBC while playing Yellow verison, the whole file erases. :p

My Silver's battery just died :( A bit depressing to lose my save data, at least I hadn't gotten very far, since it was given to me not long before the remakes came out.

Personally, I'm excited about the new 3D graphics, been waiting for it ever since the 3DS was announced. As it was mentioned, all other games have progressed to 3D, why not pokemon? Would Mario games still be interesting if they had kept the plain jane side scrolling graphics? What about Zelda games? People would have stopped buying into it if it had never changed. Same thing with Pokemon, the hardware is so much better now than it was with the Game Boy, so why should we keep the same graphics. We have to face it, technology is changing, whether we like it or not.

This I like, seeing all these people agreeing and disagreeing, but with a point that life moves on. I like the sprites and all, but I've always liked 3D much better, and thought Pokemon would be better with it. Since the first Pokemon game I played was Colosseum, I thought all Pokemon games were 3D until I got Pearl Version. So, yea, sprites are cool and stuff, but maybe there's a chance to see a sprite in the Pokemon team screen, or in the Pokedex somewhere. I don't know, but I'm telling you, Gen VI is gonna be one fun ride.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I was satisfied with the original monochrome Game Boy...

Still, the 3D looks nice.

Unredemption

you

haven't

played them

This. Honestly, we can't judge based on a few seconds from a trailer, and even those are not final game footage.

It's a big jump, but we'll get used to it. Venerate the old and usher in the new!

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
This. Honestly, we can't judge based on a few seconds from a trailer, and even those are not final game footage.

It's a big jump, but we'll get used to it. Venerate the old and usher in the new!

Exactly. As I mentioned before, with all the advances in technology, it really doesn't make sense for a game to keep outdated graphics. There's nothing wrong with the old graphics or sprites, but it's just time for them to move on to something new.

Without playing them, or at least seeing the completed product, you can't really discard it as an awful game just yet.

Raiin

Johto Boy
you

haven't

played them

I agree. You can't really judge a game until you play.

Am I going to miss sprites. YES! but I think that the 3d is going to be pretty awesome. I mean look at Stadium1 and 2/ Colosseum/ XD. They weren't main games but seeing the pokemon in 3d was pretty cool.