1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else think that the Ash vs Alain Kalos League Final was the best animated 6v6 battle?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Power Up, Nov 22, 2018.

1. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Neutral force of Meh

or.......we end up with noriko ito for the most important match and iwane and ohashi do fillers right before the league

2. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi Tsundere Service

Iwane will do an 'Eevee gets lost at the League' episode which has the best animation out of all the league episodes.

3. Kuzehiko

Kuzehiko Well-Known Member

To be completely honest, I wasn't even impressed on how the Ash vs Alain fight in the Kalos league was animated. I consider Ash vs Sawyer to be a way better and probably the best animated 6vs6 fight ever in the Pokemon anime.

Ignition likes this.
  4. Power Up

Power Up ...

AG vs MS probably is equal or better than AG vs MCX but I found that overall the latter's 6v6 was much better

5. Hammad80

Hammad80 Active Member

I just wish it’d won against bisharp. They should have ended it at Goodra using bide- it would have been perfect if they did.

6. Yuugis Black Magician

Yuugis Black Magician Well-Known Member

The Shin'ou and Kalos Leagues had the production staff bend over backward to ensure the quality of the main battles so I don't expect less than two good episodes for the League, one of which will be an Iwane episode and the other an Oohashi Aito episode. Depending on how close to the end of the series the Alola League takes place it's possible for Yasuda, Yamazaki and Nishiya to also be heavily involved.

7. Epicocity

Epicocity Well-Known Member

You realize this is a series where battles aren't the main focus, right? The most complex battle we've had has been Ash vs. Olivia...over 60 episodes ago. For really tense animation, Ash vs. Misty, 50 episodes ago. I think hoping for fantastic battles at this League is something one had best curb their expectations for.

LilligantLewis likes this.
  8. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

I expect the Alola League to go the same as the Unova League, otherwise known as absolute trash.

9. GarchompChain

GarchompChain Well-Known Member

Did the animators really complain? Why did the writers decide this outcome then?

The animation was definitely great at this league. The lack of battles and the ending just make it a Unova level league.

10. LilligantLewis

This league is not even close to a Unova-level league. The last 2 battles are two of the greatest battles in the history of the show. Conversely, Unova was the first league since Indigo to feature NO actual 6on6 battles (Cameron was 6on5), had only one good battle (Ash vs. Stephan), and that good battle doesn't even rank amongst the top tier of 3on3 battles in the history of the show.

11. mehmeh1

and it will be the best animated episode in the franchise

12. Yuugis Black Magician

Yuugis Black Magician Well-Known Member

Nobody's complained that I've heard of. Series Director Sutou Norihiko and Series Composer Tomioka Atsuhiro and Episode Writer Fujita Shinzou probably decided the Kotetsu battle's outcome as a joke. Satoshi isn't allowed to win and he's spent the entire series making dumb decisions in his battles so having him lose like he did was in-character and a pretty hilarious way for the League to end.

13. mehmeh1

pretty sure garchompchain was referring to ash vs alain

LilligantLewis and GarchompChain like this.
  14. GarchompChain

GarchompChain Well-Known Member

I was

15. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

No. The Ash vs. Cameron looked better to be honest with you. It's just the outcome was more worse.

16. Genaller

Genaller Mein Kaiser

Yeah when XYZ 38 aired there were members of the animation staff complaining about it on twitter. My main point was that it didn’t seem like the animators put effort into the final scene of Ash vs Alain where MC-X staggers and A-G faints and then being upset about the result could be a possible explanation.

17. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

I do remember people saying Iwane said on his twitter, "I don't think the main protagonist losing all the time is a good idea" after the Kalos league ended. But I don't know if that's really true or someone just made it up and spread it online. You can probably dig through Iwane's tweets from 2016 to see if it's real.

04n70n10 likes this.
  18. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "And just what are you staring at?"

I'm never getting my hopes up during this saga in particular; the saga that hasn't made Ash look like he deserves to win this league when he had two perfect chances in the past.

GarchompChain likes this.
  19. LilligantLewis

should be banned from writing league-ending episodes after the fiascoes of the last 2 leagues.

GarchompChain likes this.
  20. Epicocity

Epicocity Well-Known Member

It's not like he's the one that decides whether Ash wins or loses...though I suppose we could argue the way he wrote the Cameron battle was piss-poor.

LilligantLewis and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.