• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anyone else think the BW trio will have a better dynamic than the DP trio?

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
At this point it feels like anything is better than the DP trio. Even Max, Tracey and Ash traveling together.

No female!?!?!?! Its gonna be a sausage fest and thats a no no...

HoennMaster

It will be better. They really had nothing left to do with Brock so now with two new characters there is plenty to do. I'm excited for it.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
I don't know but if they're all gonna get goals and no one is gonna stick in the BG, I think they'll be more dynamic than DP trio

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
I think since Ash, Iris, and Dento are all young, their chemistry will be a lot better.

But Ash, he looks older than 10. CVompare him to other Shonnen heroes around the 10 year bracket (Digimon, Beyblade, Duel Masters to name a few), I feel he looks around his teens.

RickHoenn

Banned
Who said May DIDN'T GO ALONG with Brock is clueless, I think they were friends unlike Dawn like Cybercubed said were only associates.

Absolutely the BW trio will have a better dynamic than the staled DP trio, Dawn was boring and Brock had few episodes but fell short this saga. :(

Iris & Dento FTW!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
And thus comes to an end the DP trio. Makes you wonder how often people will look back on them? :)

I'm sure they'll be remembered for something. All three seemed to get along fine from what I noticed. Maybe too fine? I liked it when Misty would scold Ash for being stupid in OS and even May seemed to scold him a bit in AG. But that never carried on over to DP so the cast felt almost empty without any sort of turmoil. Maybe I just like drama?

Anyway, I'll wait a while before I start comparing the DP trio to the new BW trio. I would love to do so now but there's hardly anything going for the BW trio until some point next month when all three (Ash, Iris, Dento) are together.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
But Ash, he looks older than 10. CVompare him to other Shonnen heroes around the 10 year bracket (Digimon, Beyblade, Duel Masters to name a few), I feel he looks around his teens.

Until the writers say otherwise, he is still 10.

I don't understand why so many people have a problem accepting this.

alicetama

Pokabu <3
I think it will, Brock won't be there so I say yes. Plus Ash hanging out with two new characters this time? And Iris looks like a crazy girl. I think at first things will be a little nutts for the gang, they'll fight at first than get along. Should be fun, man I can't wait for Best Wishes to start ^^

Exactly. A crazy new people= crazy new journey. Heck, Iris may even replace May as my favorite character.(From what I've seen in the trailers, she seems to be my sort of character: loves cute pokemon, cute, and funny.) ^^

@KGB13 and Cartoonami: Actually, he's only 10 in the Eng. version. In the Japanese version, he's 16, I think.

falchion

Frankly I thought Brock was unnecessary for the DP trio. I think they reason why they added him was because of attitude with the ladies and his style. But I think Dento will be a suitable replacement for Brock. It'll probably be the reverse of Brock's love situation. Dento will be chased by ladies then dragged by Iris or Yannapu. As for Iris...I'm not really sure how I feel about her. I wanted the girl from Black and White to travel with Ash. I don't hate Iris haha I just prefer White over her.

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
I hope it will be better because I didn't think Dawn and May got along with Brock as well as Ash.

Of course Ash and Brock got along the best, they were friends and travelled together even after Ash didn´t need a mentor anymore. But I do think that May and Brock got along well, because when Ash and Max was on a burger run or something the other two clearly enjoyed each others company.

The DP trio´s problem was never (IMO) that people didn´t got along with each other but that Ash and Dawn conneted really well and that left Brock on the sideline. And Brock and Dawn was not as independent as May and Brock was (probably because Dawn was tied to Ash more than May were).

Best trio: Ash, Brock, Misty
Best group: Ash, May, Brock and Max (yes I did like him)
Best dynamic between two characters: Ash and Dawn

Now we have a golden opportunity to try out a completly new group and I hope the dynamic between all three will be better than in DP, DP may have had one of the best dynamics between Ash and one other single character (Dawn) but as a trio one got the sideline. The BW trio, yes I have high hopes for that group.

eevil

Banned
Ash,Misty,Brock,were the best trio of the entire show.

Ash,Brock,May,Max, were the worst group ever and Max was a little know it all brat.

Ash,Brock,Dawn,were a boring group and Dawn didn't really do that much either,this trio suck just like the AG trio did suck.

Typhlorizard

I thought that there was very little character dynamic between the trio in DP. Especially towards the later seasons, when everything was so routine. Every episode was similar in structure, and Dawn was very predictable.

Everyone agreed on everything, and everything went so according to plan.

I remember in the original saga, when Ash and Misty broke out in fights and Brock would be there to calm everyone down. With Brock gone, Ash has to get to know and interact with TWO new characters, who are complete opposites, which will greatly increase the fun of the show.

In my opinion, a lot of the DP saga was too boring, because of the cliched structure and dialogue. The battles may have been good at times, but the character interaction was minimal and poor.

Wired

... In America!

the best trio of the entire show...? did you she what Brock all did in Diamond and Pearl? and i'm happy that Misty is gone. all that she did whas screaming about her bike and that she will become a water pokemon master. and Ash, well... i have no words for him.

Champion Jared 14

The group dynamics of the Kanto trio remains the best, IMO. AG is second, and DP is dead last...People, this isn't about character appearances, it's about group dynamics.

eevil

Banned
Wired,that your opinion mister stupid,the best trio was the Kanto group because Ash,Brock,Misty were the best for the whole entire show.

Peper,i guest stupid does ring a bell for idiots like you,the DP trio won't be hard to beat at all and the an AG trio suck really bad with Max being in it.

Wired

... In America!
Wired,that your opinion mister stupid,the best trio was the Kanto group because Ash,Brock,Misty were the best for the whole entire show.

that is indeed my opinion mister nice guy. so please, live with it...

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

Ash,Brock,May,Max, were the worst group ever and Max was a little know it all brat.

Ash,Brock,Dawn,were a boring group and Dawn didn't really do that much either,this trio suck just like the AG trio did suck.

Take it easy. Let's not get too upset. To be honest, I hoped the BW trio will be better because that fact that Brock is gone will make way for a new person to add in the group as well as a new girl. If you re-read your list again, please note that Brock is in all of them. It was getting pretty old. So maybe that's why the groups didn't click as a trio.