1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else thinks that Chespin reminds Dewott?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Ditto B1tch, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ditto B1tch

Ditto B1tch Well-Known Member

The first thing I thought when I saw Chespin was Dewott (Oshawott's evolution). Both bipedal, nose and eyes look alike very much, and same stereotype as well. Post your opinion.

Dewott:
    [img200]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/e/e4/502Dewott.png/140px-502Dewott.png[/img200]

Chespin:
    [img200]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/4/46/Chespin.png/145px-Chespin.png[/img200]

2. blue8arman

blue8arman Castform Fanatic

For me,Chespin looks like a fusion of Nuzleaf and Dewott...Don't know why?

3. Ausgirl

Ausgirl Well-Known Member

No -Dewott is based of an otta whilst Chespin is based of a hedgehog.

4. It is I-

It is I- Well-Known Member

I thought of Oshawott actually, but I can see where you are comming from.

5. Star Champion AJ

Star Champion AJ Well-Known Member

Looks like somebody used a Polymerization fusing Dewott and Nuzleaf...

6. Shaylup

Shaylup debeo capere omnes

I do see the resemblance, but they're different enough.

7. Dragoniss

Dragoniss Garys wanabe waifu

Its probably the nose, eyes, and possibly the mouth. When I first seen Chespin I thought someone fused Sedot and Nuzleaf with Emogla. I dunno why but I see more Emolga than Dewott.

[​IMG]

Its probably just its type though. A lot of small rodent based Pokemon end up looking the same because most rodents in the real world look similar to one another, or share characteristics. Such as small bodies, little paws, buck teeth, big eyes ect ect.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  8. Noctali

Noctali Umbreon

Yeah, I thought of Oshawott though. Looks like you're not the only one who immediately thought of another Pokemon upon seeing Chespin.
    I've seen people compare Fennekin to Vulpix, but I don't see the resemblance...just because they're both foxes doesn't mean it's automatically a copy. :/ I dunno, just me.

9. Hilda

Hilda Well-Known Member

The creature they were based on look similar too.

10. Hejiru

Hejiru Rev up those fryers

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I saw it. "Hey, that looks like Dewott."

11. Lucario95

Lucario95 Behold The Aura!

That was the first thing that I thought when I saw Chespin for the first time. Its seems that will be the next Oshawott in the anime, always getting in love at first sight.

12. Hidden Power

Hidden Power Well-Known Member

Followed by a 4-legged final stage Pokemon of an entirely different species? =S

13. Lucario95

Lucario95 Behold The Aura!

Ohh Yea Samurrot is very different than Oshawott and Dewott, but I wanted to referred more on the personality or attitude like ash's oshawott. Sorry for not making my idea clearly.

14. Schade

Schade The real Slim Schady

Of course! Grass thing is a cuter Oshawott in a Grass-Type-inspired Slowking halloween costume!

15. Iris Mist

Iris Mist Hylian Princess

Some people compare Fennekin to Zorua as well.

For some reason, I thought of Patrat when I first saw Chespin. I know, they don't look anything alike. Maybe it's because their poses are similar, I'm not quite sure.

16. Hilda

Hilda Well-Known Member

Some Pokémon will look similar. Just like how otters, chipmunks, squirrels ...etc kind of look a like.

17. Thomas Elliot

Thomas Elliot I AM HUSH

I never really put a correlation together. Do I see a resemblance? Not really. I think people are making a huge deal about it because they are both starters. Nobody really cares that Magikarp and Feebas look similar, or that Mienshao could Lucario's female cousin.

18. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

This deserves its own thread?

I don't see it. They're both bipeds, and that's about it.

19. Quilava42

Quilava42 Blazing Flowers

Only the face. Nothing else.

20. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

thats how i describes chespin to my friend who hadnt seen the trailer yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.