• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anyone ever notice this about Cyrus?

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
I restarted my game after 2 years and forgot where everything was, so I read every cut scene and all that.
If you actually listen to the gibberish Cyrus spouts, he sounds a lot like Kira/Light from Death Note. His goal is similar too, he wants to change the world and become a deity.

Last edited:

FreedomX10A

Infinite Atmosphere
mmm true.
but there is a big difference.
Cyrus is not as cool as kira :D

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Hahahaha. Now that you mention it, yeah, his goals do seem similar. But, Cyrus is nowhere's near getting Kira's awesome Lol, or an awesome Death Note.

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
Kira was an extremist, but sometimes thats the only way to get things done.
But unlike Kira, Cyrus's plan was 100% destined to fail, nobody even really needed to
appose Team Galactic, just let them destroy themselves.

Umbreon-dana

Phat Philanthropist
But unlike Kira, Cyrus's plan was 100% destined to fail, nobody even really needed to

LOL. Because summoning [a giant dragon]/[giant dragons] that control [Space]/[Time]/[Space and Time] to whipe out everything and create a new universe is perfectly reasonable, correct?

Even though he WILL get destroyed in the process... >_>

Last edited:

Topaz Archer

TheWorldIsQuietHere
World domination?
Hmm.
You know what? That does sound familiar.
Maybe... every other villain ever thought up?
Heh.

We live in a world of poor imagination and originality in regards to villains.
Except Cruella DeVile. She just wanted to look pretty ;_;

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord

Er... No, Kira's plan was also 100% destined... after all, he was a fictional character as well...

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
Actually I have noticed Cyrus's similarity with Light [the name Kira is so cruel, Light's not a killer... lol], except they do have a lot of differences as well. I don't consider Light evil, but I do consider Cyrus evil [even if Cyrus is cool].

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Even though he WILL get destroyed in the process... >_>

If he was in control of the pokemon in question, and *they* didn't get destroyed, he'd probably survive. However, rebuilding the universe would probably take billions of years...he'd have the dubious honor of being the first person in the new universe's history to die. Even if it was of old age he'd have, what, 100 years at most? You can't even form a gas cloud in that time frame, much less an entire universe.

Aviano

I dropped my balls
If he was in control of the pokemon in question, and *they* didn't get destroyed, he'd probably survive. However, rebuilding the universe would probably take billions of years...he'd have the dubious honor of being the first person in the new universe's history to die. Even if it was of old age he'd have, what, 100 years at most? You can't even form a gas cloud in that time frame, much less an entire universe.

Well, I immagine if you have the deity of time you could speed things up a bit.

ForgottenWarrior

What happened?
Actually, Akagi/Cyrus looks like/resembles Vergil from game Devil May Cry, does anybody notices this?

So, Cyrus wants to change the world or universe or both or whatever? I just think thats so impossible. He might die of doing that because the universe is so vast. It may take him years achieving his goal. And, when his dream finally came true, he could die. Or, maybe, he already became a deity so he have eternal life he wants?

I wonder what kind of world/ universe he wants.

Anyway, I haven't played Pokemon Diamond/Pearl yet so I don't know much of Akagi/Cyrus.

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
Well, I immagine if you have the deity of time you could speed things up a bit.
I don't see how, Palkia and Dialga only control space and time. Together, those powers could make a universe, but it would be empty, and they would be no way of creating.

He would need something extra like Groudon and Kyogre to make land and seas and bring them together to form a planet.

His plan was still doomed to fail.

Samurai Cerberus

Frindship overrated
Well to me Cyrushas the better meathied of the two, I mean righting down random people in a magic book that kills people What is that going to do?

Ms. Mime

This game was out for 2 years?

Well, it's almost 2009, so yeah. Almost two years. And I just noticed the similarity in Cyrus and Kira. (And personally, I think Cyrus is cooler. Just look at his hair.)