• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anyone miss High School?

Ran-neechan

Dumb Office Lady
I... sure do lol.

I'm 22 years old and I'm an office worker. Every-time I hear the radio play teen pop music, it makes me miss high school more and more.

Actually, when High School Musical 3 came out to theaters, I watched it with my boyfriend and it was great :D! But if it came out when I was still in high school, I would've enjoyed it more... -_-"

How do you guys feel?

Zac Efron <3

Encyclopika

The Queen
I don't miss it at all. I'm actually very glad to be away from it - a lot of the people I knew were either my friends, I didn't know who they were, or I hated them and thought they were complete idiots.

I hated going to a good portion of my classes and dealing with incompetent morons who did a lot of drugs and should have failed out of high school. College is so much better - it's either I have friends, or there are just people I haven't met yet. And the best part - THEY'RE MATURE.
As for high school friends, I still have those, as well as my high school sweetheart...that's all it did for me. Would never go back in a million years.

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Well I miss high school a little bit, back then, I was one of the most popular kids at school, among the teachers as well >>;, I miss being the president of the Anime Club for the 2 consecutive years. I miss the music blasts we had in art class. I miss the art show that I was in. I also missed the computer club, we only played DOD and i was made MVP in the whole year of 2009 =D. Another techie thing i miss was being admin of the school site >D, it was a lot of fun. And getting 15 awards from that site wasnt bad either xD.

Now let's move onto something funny, you would think that missing a school that is
- In the middle of nowhere
- Surronded by Graveyards and Poop feilds as far as the eye can see and as far as the nose can handle
- It was built on a graveyard
would be easy to forget, the school was so close to being on welfare, the parking lot was almost gravel, the tennis courts was severly flooded, who could forget it? xD, I suppose you can say it was the charm that makes all grads come back for the occasional visit.

dark rift

Hell no. I'm actually glad that I've finished, and now in college (even though it's not like American college). Now that I have chosen a course that I wanted to do, and that actually leads to something, with no studying, or exams, why would I want change it back? Also, the people in my group aren't idiots, which is also good.

Spookz

Lumos
Hardly.

I'll admit, since moving away I do miss certain aspects of high school life: seeing my old friends, football games, select teachers, high school theatre.. but that's not enough to make me want to go back.
But really, most classes I had to take had no relevance to me and my interests; despite being in one of the best school districts of the state, I still found a lot of the teachers and administration lacking. And the student body itself.. I generally did not relate to my peers except my small group of theatre friends.

Basically, I'm not loosing sleep over being a graduate.

Let's see. I graduated in June, 08.

I do miss high school, tbh. I mean, the waking up at 5am, being at school being bored for 6+ hours could always die. BUT. I just miss, being a high school student ..still not an 'adult', but not little either. Just knowing you have somewhere to go to everyday ..even though it sucked.

I miss seeing everyone, even just the random people who I never speak to ..just passing by random people in the halls (our school was huge and overcrowded ..so it was like yeah.) And it's true (you won't believe it till it happens but) you do lose contact with many of your friends, that you actually thought you'd stay friends even after you graduate. I was like that, tried to stay in contact at first ..but then it just stops.

The hard question is though, if I had the chance/choice to go back ..would I?
Lol. So yeah. in a way I miss things about it. But school in general ..nah.

Ran-neechan

Dumb Office Lady
Wow, there are a lot of things you guys mentioned that I never considered.

I understand that irrelevant classes, a few teachers, and high school peers made me feel like high school was a complete waste but, the good times and the friends I've made during high school makes me wish I could go back in time and just do it all over again ^^"

Zazie

So 1991
No not in the slightest. I have much more freedom to do whatever I want now. I don't really need the structure high school provides, as I prefer being able to create my own schedule (which ideally is very similar anyway).

I really didn't enjoy much about high school other than having something to do during the day and college/jobs meet that requirement too. For some people high school was a great place to make friends but personally I prefer to keep my work environment and personal relationships seperate.

I do miss elementary school a little but not enough to want to go back.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I'm going through it right now and I can't really see what all the fuss is about.

Though admittingly, my view of high school is somewhat tainted by the fact I have to bike two miles to even get there. And it's freaking cold in the mornings.

BlazingFury

Que Sera Sera
The only thing I miss about high school are the funny times I used to have with my friends. Aside from that, no.

I'm so glad that I never have to see or deal with the immature little *inserts swear word here* that I used to ever again. I love college and the bad outweighed the good in high school. If I had the chance to go back there just for one day then I would, but no more than that.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I don't seem to have despised high school as much as others, but the few people who say that high school years are the best years of your life are so full of crap. I don't miss block schedules, forced formats for papers, crappy cafeteria food, and the assorted cliques (actually, my college is still composed of cliques). In fact, the biggest thing I do miss might actually be not having to pay for books.

Unfortunately, I still feel closer to my high school friends than my college friends. I rarely communicate with my college friends over breaks (such as now), while I'm in touch with the others year-round. Opposite to Ama, it's the college crowd that's more into the drug scene in my situation.

Grei

not the color
I don't miss High School.

But then again, I'll be going back in a few days after break ends. After that I've got four more breaks--this Spring break, this coming Summer, then next winter and spring break. : P

But I love High School. I don't think people are full of crap if they enjoyed the High School years the most. It's not so much about the school itself as the people around you. You have your first serious relationships in High School. There's drama (which every teenager loves, even if they don't actively enjoy it--it's a part of the rush that they all want to experience, regardless of if they know that the drama is stupid or not). You get to know who you truly are and want to be, and make friends that can last for many years after High School.

It's a time of much experimentation and social, mental, emotional, and physical growth. I'm personally enjoying it a lot. It's a lot better than middle school especially, and it's not gonna last.

The cliques are gonna happen as an adult, too. It's a natural, human thing to do, to cling on to those especially who have stuff in common with you, especially when you aren't good at getting along with people you don't have much in common with.

Riversong

Buggy down.
I'll graduate in 2011. The idea of moving on and basically becoming an adult does seem a little scary, but it's not like my high school life is grand either. I plan on taking some community college courses for the first two years before transferring (I plan on being a nurse).

In high school, what bothers me is having to take classes that don't have a lot of importance. For example, Digital Animation. We just make games, but it's kind of boring and I wish I could have had gotten the psychology course I had signed up for. My school doesn't offer study periods, just worthless classes to fill up our schedules if we have some extra space.

I'll miss my friends, but very little else. Some of the people just act really disrespectful though, that's what bothers me.

CHeSHiRe-CaT

A Curious Breed
I don't miss it at all. I'm actually very glad to be away from it - a lot of the people I knew were either my friends, I didn't know who they were, or I hated them and thought they were complete idiots.

I hated going to a good portion of my classes and dealing with incompetent morons who did a lot of drugs and should have failed out of high school. College is so much better - it's either I have friends, or there are just people I haven't met yet.
I think this pretty much sums up my experience with high school. I've actually made a lot of friends in high school that would later go on to university with me, and we're still the best of friends. Unfortunately, high school only provided a constraining learning environment for us to work in--which was all right for the majority of the people in our school, but not for those of us who sought to study subjects beyond the cookie-cutter curriculum.

College is a painful, but gratifying experience. High school was just...sluggish.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I loved HS. I had a blast in my school and I could argue it was one of the best years of my life. I still go back and visit from time to time. I guess I was blessed with a great environment for my studies. I don't exactly miss it but I can't deny I had a great time.
I still see a lot of my small class of HS seniors. It was only 52 students so it doesn't surprise me too much.

Last edited:

Profesco

gone gently
Just a bit of nostalgia. High school was a fleeting experience for me.

I hated it but I miss some things like drawing in class all the time. I always drew better when I was supposed to be doing work than when I drew at home. XD

Cipher

Nothing to be done
High school was fun. And like Grei said, there's a lot of personal growth. I think, however, that most of my favorite stories and memories are going to come from college.