• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anyone think the third version idea is getting old?

Vandslaux

I agree. You put a BF in Emerald. Only the BT in DP. BF in Platinum. BF in HGSS. Just the BS in BW? Also, Platinum had a considerably changed plot from DP, battling Fantina at a different time and Cyrus summoning the portal to the Distortion World (although he summoned Dialga/Palkia in DP.). Also, Giratina Origin Forme.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Actually, the third version of the games have been substantially different since Crystal. In it, you were given an entirely new character to play with, updated graphics, and a slightly changed storyline.
When Emerald came out, FireRed and LeafGreen had already been released in-between it and Ruby and Sapphire, so it served as a kind of return to Hoenn. Not to mention the massive change in storyline, the updated graphics, the addition of Pokemon that would have been exclusive to Ruby or Sapphire, and an entirely new location to keep the game going long after the Elite Four (Battle Frontier).
And Platinum might as well be it's own game entirely separate from Diamond and Pearl with it's massive list of changes.

I look forward to the third Unova game.

Haunter ゴースト

I don't think it's getting old, it's a tradition in every Gen.

However im not entirely sure we will get one for Gen V.

When B/W was first released their was an interview with Gamefreak on how it may not be needed considering B/W is good enough as it is.

If there is enough people asking though I think they said, they would make it.

TheNorthWind

Master of Puppets
Why can't Nintendo just front load the first two games? Or just "first" game?
They're not gonna make only one game for each generation. The main point of Pokemon from dy one is the whole 'connect, trade, and battle' thing, so they kinda have to make 2 games for each gen.

RagingTyphlosion

Game Corner Addict
I like the third versions. In this generation I only have White version and its my main cartridge so to speak. I would love to play through the story again but I don't want to lose everything.. so the next time I play through the Unova storyline, will be on the third version with a few updates.

We might not even get a third game seeing as Game Freak have already broke their usual traditions already by realising two generations on the same console. Pokemon makes ALOT of money though so chances are I'll be handing over more to Nintendo to start from scratch in Unova again.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Maybe they should consider releasing more downloadable content to extend the life of the games. Extra stories would be nice.

BCVM22

We might not even get a third game seeing as Game Freak have already broke their usual traditions already by realising two generations on the same console.

I wouldn't worry about this.

Maybe they should consider releasing more downloadable content to extend the life of the games. Extra stories would be nice.

Or this. Not likely. The "life of the games", as it is, is fine, and neither the game card medium nor the 3DS lend themselves particularly well to true, extensive DLC like that.

adam1990

Don't get me wrong. I buy the third versions, and for the most part I enjoy them. But I always prefer the originals better. I'm not saying I don't like the third versions (because that isn't true). I just feel that third versions don't offer enough content to make it better than its predecessors. I feel that reliving what the originals set forth in a third game is repetitive and not substantial enough to credit it as a new adventure.

If U Seek Amy

i am a god
Don't get me wrong. I buy the third versions, and for the most part I enjoy them. But I always prefer the originals better. I'm not saying I don't like the third versions (because that isn't true). I just feel that third versions don't offer enough content to make it better than its predecessors. I feel that reliving what the originals set forth in a third game is repetitive and not substantial enough to credit it as a new adventure.

The reason is for the MONEH. It's what makes the world go round.

Zibdas

not bad
Theyre just a btter version of the 2 games that come out, right? Well.. I chose Diamond rather than Platinum coz Dialga was the pic on it XD nya~

But Platinum had sparlkies on\ the cover!

M4zz

Banned
Emerald practically revolutionized competitive battling. Platinum led a revolution of higher quality sprites, both pokemon and tilesets. Crystal introduced moving sprites. Yellow was original. I dot see where you're argument is coming from. You're complaining about enhanced versions of the Pokemon games. Brilliant.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
nah i would love to see it remaked. maybe have more extensions and awesome secret bases! i will buy 2 of them! i have 5 secret bases in my 3rd gen game for good leveling battles.

BIGJRA

Catchin' Em All
Nah. there are way too many upgraded features per gen that they put in, despite what they ignored.