• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything and Everything Shiny - 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
I've been sring Aerodactyl on FireRed in my spare time out of sheer desire to have one... the srs are really pleasantly quick and I've done about 2300 in not much time. I haven't done much since exam study is eating up alot of my free time... but oh well, studies come first. Goodluck everyone.

Myuu.

Today I srd three times and found a shiny uxie. I flipped out.

~EternalDarkness~

Ghost Type User
Well I think it's safe to say that my shiny charm works perfectly, as after a mere 485 SR's my shiny Kyurem appeared :D

HNI_0016.JPG

I was after a neutral natured one and had my quirky Umbreon syncer in front, luckily the sync worked. I used one of my master balls on it due to not preparing a team to weaken it. This is my first Soft reset shiny as well as my first shiny legendary which is pretty nice.

I'm trying to decide whether I should do a Re hunt now or SR another legendary. Congrats on everyones shinies as of late and good luck to all.

~EternalDarkness~

Ghost Type User
I thought that only works for MM and encountering :O nya~

Well I'm not actually 100% certain, I assumed it was included though.

I've decided that I'll be hunting in virbank complex next, just leveled up my watchog so it could learn super fang. I haven't got any shinies available there so i'm not too fussed about what I want.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Well I'm not actually 100% certain, I assumed it was included though.

I've decided that I'll be hunting in virbank complex next, just leveled up my watchog so it could learn super fang. I haven't got any shinies available there so i'm not too fussed about what I want.

Its mentioned in Serebii only those two, so yer SR'ing was lucky :p nya~

dan2point5

Pretty sure SR'ing is boosted by shiny charm as well since every time you encounter a legendary it's still technically a wild encounter. Plus since most of us have had the shiny charm our SR hunts have pretty much all been at the shiny charm odds or under (except for this damn Registeel).

Congrats on the last nights shinies peeps and good luck on your hunts.

~EternalDarkness~

Ghost Type User
Pretty sure SR'ing is boosted by shiny charm as well since every time you encounter a legendary it's still technically a wild encounter. Plus since most of us have had the shiny charm our SR hunts have pretty much all been at the shiny charm odds or under (except for this damn Registeel).

Congrats on the last nights shinies peeps and good luck on your hunts.

This is what I had thought in the first place, it doesn't make sense for legendaries and other interactable pokemon to be excluded from the shiny charm odds.

Decided I would really like to see Growlithe or Koffing to shine but anything would be fine. I'm sure your Registeel will shine soon Dan.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Gunna do 400 RE's today. I might go and restart my SoulSilver and start softreseting for a shiny Lapras, could anyone tell me how you softreset for that Lapras?

Edit: Correct me if I'm right, you just safe at the Lapras spot, and then wait untill it's Friday morning? Can I change the DSi time to Friday morning and would the Lapras still show up?

Last edited:

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Just got myself a normal Zangoose, level 100. Gonna use its False Swipe for the Shiny Lapras on SoulSilver. (Hope I get one.)

After I beat the 8 gyms I will be getting my RE & MM's up to 4000 & 400. Then I will be doing 400 SR's.

Last edited:

~EternalDarkness~

Ghost Type User
I realise I've posted on this page a few times already so I'll make this my last for awhile.

So I started hunting in Virbank Complex about 1-2 hours ago, when after a measly 125 encounters, a shiny Magby graced my screen!

HNI_0019.JPG

It too is quirky natured, which I thought was pretty funny seeing as I wasn't syncing this time around and I caught it in a premier ball. Considering how quickly this hunt ended, I'm thinking of continuing hunting there for some of the other pokemon.

Good luck everyone.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Time for a new thread, everyone :)

Since the current thread starter is no longer active, Dangertrout asked me a permission to make a new general shiny thread, with the first post having info about the Community Hunt.

Which for me is a good idea, I know I can edit the first post myself, but I think it would be better if the current thread starter is an active user.

And this thread has enough posts anyway (more than 5000). So yeah, closing this one, if you want to post about your current hunt, wait until Dangertrout create the new thread :)

EDIT : new thread's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.