• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything and Everything Shiny - 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanPi

Write on
Everyone knows that once something is rare, it becomes valuable and people covet it. Simple artifacts such as arrowheads, for example, are not too impressive, but due to their rarity, many people want them.

The same goes with Shinies, even the ugly/unimpressive ones such as Garchomp. People love them just 'cause they're different and incredibly rare.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Ok I have seen this term several times.
What is Masuda method??

Only own a few shiny pokemon

Pikachu colored Pichu
Red Gyrardos
Female Bibarel caught in great marsh in Pt
male Liepard in White
and Boldore(now Gigalith) in Black

Had a few shiny's in my first copy Diamond but I got out of playing and traded it away.

had a shiny ponyta which I regretably let evolve into rapidash.

Last edited:

ladykiwi

I love tights. <3
Masuda Method is a rather dumb idea, but your best bet if you can't RNG. basically you breed to international parents and get rather high odds of hatching shiny babies.

DrasticPhase

Half ded
I have twelve shinies, most of them came from trades.
Doduo, Litwick(now Chandelure),Gyarados, and Sableye was my only shinies
I saw a shiny tentacool, its gone :/
I have now a
Cresselia, Latios, Zoroark, Donphan, Reiniclus, Terrakion, Magnezone, and Espeon
Also, getting 4 new shinies soon ^.^

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
i wonder what made the creators of this game think of shiny pokemon.

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say that the inspiration for shiny Pokemon came from Episode 21 of the anime. Before Gold and Silver were released, the anime had one:

Ash's Butterfree tries to impress a pink Butterfree through most of the episode, which becomes the entire device that moves the plot along.

That would be my guess as to what originally inspired shiny Pokemon since they didn't exist in Gen 1 of the games or manga, but did exist in the first season of the anime.

Scaldaver

Limitless
The only shiny I remember encountering is.... a tentacool.... dissapointed

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I agree with the Butterfree-thing.
Miscolour ALL the Pokemon!

Cute

Kawaii for life~ x
I used to RNG in diamond but I got bored of that. So I MM my shinies on BW now. Also, I encountered a shiny oddish in Diamond. Thank god I caught it. Also, a shiny scyther via the Pokeradar :3

Last edited:

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I personally like Shinies, they give me a reason to play the game after the E4. I used to chain in Pearl, but in SoulSilver and Black I've turned to Masuda breeding. It's hard, but worth it! I prefer shiny Pokémon with vibrant differences, it shows off how rare they are well and is very noticeable. At the moment, I have 50+ Shinies, and when I have all my targets, I'll have over 70.

However, I wish traditional hunters and RNGers would stop fighting and dissing each other, it's totally uncalled for! RNGed Shinies are not 'cheating', and traditional methods aren't 'dumb'. RNGed Shinies require timing skills and are good for battling with, traditionally caught Shinies need perseverance and are good for collecting and thrills. A shiny is a shiny, no matter what, unless it's hacked of course. =)

HellBeast

ive only got 3 shinies.

1 shiny gyrados
1 shiny wynaut
1 shiny smeargle

I don't hunt for shinies but if one shows up it really excits me, kinda like winning the lottery but not nearly as practical as a bunch of free money lol

ladykiwi

I love tights. <3
However, I wish traditional hunters and RNGers would stop fighting and dissing each other, it's totally uncalled for! RNGed Shinies are not 'cheating', and traditional methods aren't 'dumb'. RNGed Shinies require timing skills and are good for battling with, traditionally caught Shinies need perseverance and are good for collecting and thrills. A shiny is a shiny, no matter what, unless it's hacked of course. =)

You know what, you're right. I apologize for sounding rude earlier. I still think shiny-hunting is a bit of a waste of time, but if that floats your boat, go for it. Even I am temtped to masuda method something just for the heck of it, despite being able to RNG eggs with huge ease.

icyman300

lets go...
i think shinies r overrated. they have the same stats. ive played pokemon for years and ive only found 1 shiny pokemon. It was a rattata in HG. and i almost didnt even catch it lol.

ColorsofTheRainbow

Live. Love. Ho-Oh.
I've seriously considered RNGing for shinies but my favorite part of shiny hunting is the shock and surprise when you finally find one. It's like finding a hundred dollar bill on the ground. If I battled competitively I would RNG but I only shiny hunt so that I have something to do after beating the game. Also some shinies look really awesome.

Aztec_Blaziken

Back to WiFi Battles
It's great how nowadays, you can have all the shinies you want! Forget the Matsuda method and all this other time-consuming stuff. LOL
Even though I can have all the shinies I want, I sometimes prefer to keep their original color

ok i have to ask, what is RNGing, im confused is that where you cheat to get the shiny?

aurasageluke

AuraSage
Shinies are like Gold walking (Except now they're Social ._.). I perfer normal Registeel over Shiny, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.