• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything and Everything Shiny - 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
Ooh love these.

Quite recently actually a month ago or something I found a Green Kakuna while taking part in Johto's Bug Catching contest. I was in College on break when I found this so when I freaked out like I was twelve years old all over again I gained the unwanted attention of everyone else.

It was worth it.

AZX612

On my own here we go
I had very stereotypical reactions to my first few shiny's...

Sapphire, Age 7
Wingull - OMG It's green!
Volbeat - No pokeballs! T.T
Electrike - ... Damn...

Sadly, 3 shiny's was all I was getting to see for a looong time...

White, Age 14
Marowak - ... Wut... You expect me to catch that? -.-

(I really dislike Marowak...)

~AZX

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Few years ago when I found my shiny Machoke on my Pearl version. I was explaining to my younger brother the concept of shinies and their rarity and how they are sought after. Literally three minutes later the Machoke popped up!

Also shiny Graveler on Crystal. Not too unusual, except that I had found a shiny Raticate on the same game three days earlier, by far the closest gap between shinies I've ever had.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
In Chargestone Cave i had gotten to the end and battled N and i was just wnadering around looking for some items. I got into a couple battles and my Pokemons HP got really low so i was heading out and then i saw a shiny Klink. I was going to try to catch it but it KO'd my last pokemon.

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
i found a diglette in diglette's cave in HG. it was random and i really didnt expect. to be honest diglette's cave is the last place i would have expected (or wanted) a shiny

Master Leo

The Dark Side
when i found a shiny spearow right after starting a new game on my leafgreen. I was like hoLY CRAP!!!! back then my mom was like "dont say that word!"

Youngster_Joey

Better in HD!
Oh, what fun! Okay, mine:

I used to have a trade shop on here(you should all know me ^_^) and I offered IV breeding. I had an order on backlog for awhile, and decided to do it on vacation. 8 eggs into the hatching process, an orange shellder pops out. It was midnight at this time. I woke up everyone in the camper we were in to show them ^_^

Falconx03

Legendary
I remember when I found my first shiny was in HG first playthrough at some point prior to Elite 4. I forget what I was doing exactly but I flew to Goldenrod City and headed south into the grass directly above the Day-Care Center. First Pokemon I found was a Shiny Drowzee. I was like holy ****! I used my weakest Pokemon around level 20 and an attack that I knew wasn't very effective, forget the Pokemon and move. I got a critical hit which KO'd it in one hit. I was so mad. The second and last shiny I encountered was a Shiny Whiscash which I found while searching for a Feebas in Platinum. I wasn't all that excited for this since I don't like Whiscash all that much. Caught it nonetheless but traded it off for something.

Few years ago when I found my shiny Machoke on my Pearl version. I was explaining to my younger brother the concept of shinies and their rarity and how they are sought after. Literally three minutes later the Machoke popped up!

I guess he believed that Shinies weren't all that rare after you told him they were and then you found one.

i found a diglette in diglette's cave in HG. it was random and i really didnt expect. to be honest diglette's cave is the last place i would have expected (or wanted) a shiny

Has to be the one of the best places to begin a shiny hunt since all you can find are Diglett and Dugtrio. The only other place I can think of is that cave in 3rd Gen which always has a Zubat except after doing something it will add other Pokemon.

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
I didn't react like some people did when I got my shinies. For instance:

With the first shiny I ever found in Sapphire (a Trapinch), all I said was "Whoa! A rare-colored Trapinch! (I didn't know about shinies in full back then) I'd better catch it!" And I did. I still have it somewhere among my games.

I haven't reacted like that to any shiny I've found ever since (and I've found several; some hatched, many found in the wild).

Now, my typical reaction is like this:

When I found a shiny Tentacruel in SS, I was like "Oh. A shiny Tentacruel. Better catch it."

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
My first shiny encounter was a clefairy on Mt Moon in Silver. I thought it was ugly. didn't catch it.

TheAmazingAndrew

I've only had 1 wild encounter, and it went like this:

[Biking away from... some route... in SS during a Swablu swarm.]
[Battle scene starts.]

Me: GAAAHHHH, leave me alone you stupid Swablu! I've already got you freaking Pokedex data! OHMIGOSH, ITSFREAKINSHINY!!!
My two friends, who are at my house (Duh.): [Drop their DS's] WHAT?!?!?!?

So you know, normal reaction for the first wild shiny you've ever seen.

garren

kitties will rule
it was gold and i encounterd a shiny zubat. i was like 'oh it sparkles, got to catch it!' then i watched twilight than released it.

paracelsus

I had just completed my hoenn dex in emerald. Just after I received the Johto starter (chikorita), I ran back up the trail, trying to get to the pokemon center so I could take out a pokemon that knew fly and deposit the new chikorita. As I was running back up the trail, I say a zigzagoon with the same star trail that went around gyardos's head in gold and silver. I caught it, but I didn't even notice the difference in color until a friend pointed it out

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
I had just completed my hoenn dex in emerald. Just after I received the Johto starter (chikorita), I ran back up the trail, trying to get to the pokemon center so I could take out a pokemon that knew fly and deposit the new chikorita. As I was running back up the trail, I say a zigzagoon with the same star trail that went around gyardos's head in gold and silver. I caught it, but I didn't even notice the difference in color until a friend pointed it out

Bibarel's shiny is like that. very little difference in color vs the normal one.

Mighty Arceus493

Relentless.
Meeting a shiny Jigglypuff in my Pokemon Soul Silver in the Safari Zone where it could FLEE! I managed to catch it before it fled but come on, worst place to find a shiny...

Lt Steel

The Steel Curtain
Kill it.
Kill it with fire!
And so i did.

Status
Not open for further replies.