• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything and Everything Shiny - 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still very unmotivated in my Phione hunt. Have only hatched about 45-60 so far. Help?
I SHALL PERFORM A MOTIVATIONAL INTERPRETIVE DANCE FOR YOU. <(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>
Okay. I’m done.

Meanwhile at egg 610 (collecting) the Daycare man is STILL SURPRISED to see that there's an egg after i've gotten like 2000 from him before. dense.
I know what you mean, man. -_-
Maybe it's because he's old?

So just a few questions to spark coversation:
1) Which method of shiny hunting do you prefer?
2) Are there any specific television or movie series you watch while hunting?
3) What do you look for in a shiny target? Do you look for stats, rarity, or ease of hunting?
4) What motivates you while hunting?
5) Do you EV train your shinies to make competitive or in-game use of them?
6) Do you feel like hunting for gimmick shinies is a waste of time? (obviously I don't =p)
1) I like using the Masuda Method because it’s the only method I’ve actually used so far.
Also, I don’t think I have the patience to run in grass or reset the game over 12,000 times like most of you. o_o
2) Usually I watch reruns of Doctor Who or random crime drama shows… or My Little Pony on YouTube…
3) I don’t really look for anything specific in my shiny. If I see it and something clicks, then BAM. I’m going to hunt it down.
4) The chance me getting a shiny.
5) I’m planning on EV training my shinies when I get them. Haven’t done it before, so it should be interesting.
6) Not at all. Every Pokemon is worthy enough to me.

Thnx guys for answering, i have 3 potential targets now, 2 i have mentioned before charmander and vulpix and a new fav that i dont think anyone's done before, furret!! its actually an amazing shiny, make sure and give me advice, im still ev trainin sceptile gl guys @ asthenia, larvesta is really dragging on now gl <(o_O)> (dance luck type thing...)

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
mine was volcarano i use it almost every day and it was my first SR shiny and its awesome

im at 1075 REs in cliff cave

mine was volcarano i use it almost every day and it was my first SR shiny and its awesome

im at 1075 REs in cliff cave
Volcarona will probably end up being my favorite too… ONCE I ACTUALLY GET IT. *raaaage* D:<

@ asthenia, larvesta is really dragging on now gl <(o_O)> (dance luck type thing...)
Thanks for the dance luck type thing, Paddy. :D I’m going to hatch the rest of my Ralts eggs and then move back to hatching Larvestas again.

Good luck with everybody’s hunts! May the Shine spirits smile down upon us all.

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
Volcarona will probably end up being my favorite too… ONCE I ACTUALLY GET IT. *raaaage* D:<

Thanks for the dance luck type thing, Paddy. :D I’m going to hatch the rest of my Ralts eggs and then move back to hatching Larvestas again.

Good luck with everybody’s hunts! May the Shine spirits smile down upon us all.

LOL I liked your dance Asheina. classy.
Turns out I have three ds's. heres my list of games:
White, Black, Platinum, Pearl, HG, SS
what should I triple hunt XD

Blizzardy

Loves Eeveelutions

...Corsola? XD

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy

hmm............ Hows about a poliwag? And then trade it to yourpal Okie :)

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
1) Which method of shiny hunting do you prefer? I tend to vary it alot but I'd say MM because I can do it one handed and not pay much attention, freeing me up to do other stuff.
2) Are there any specific television or movie series you watch while hunting? Sometimes I will hire a whole series of something and just watch a marathon of it. But no, nothing specific.
3) What do you look for in a shiny target? Do you look for stats, rarity, or ease of hunting? Usually the looks of the shiny in general, though like anyone I prefer an easy hunt.
4) What motivates you while hunting? IDEK the answer to this question. I just hunt and hunt and I go through fits and fads of being super motivated and being mega lazy and annoyed.
5) Do you EV train your shinies to make competitive or in-game use of them? I usually EV them just for fun and in case of encountering another shiny. I've gotten 3 shinies that way so far.
6) Do you feel like hunting for gimmick shinies is a waste of time? Not at all! I hunted a shiny Magikarp just for fun, and I plan on hunting Unown. Hunt whatever makes you feel happy.

Also, to the person who wants a neat yet not often hunted pokemon to hunt, Spiritomb. It's a really nice shiny and doesn't nearly get enough attention.

I'm up to 5800 Squirtle SRs. Good luck everyone.

Scrufox86

1) Which method of shiny hunting do you prefer? I would say Pokeradar chaining. I have gotten virtually all of my shinies from this method. MMing has been a pain. It did get good for me in January when i got 5 shinies in the month but overall i get fed up hatching eggs constantly waiting for a shiny.
2) Are there any specific television or movie series you watch while hunting? No. I hunt shinies in various places it depends on my mood and concentration.
3) What do you look for in a shiny target? Do you look for stats, rarity, or ease of hunting? I go for pokemon i like in shiny form, don't care about stats.
4) What motivates you while hunting? Thinking of an early shiny patch while chaining helps. If MMing then hoping for a shiny to appear when an egg is hatching can be helpful.
5) Do you EV train your shinies to make competitive or in-game use of them? No don't bother with EV training shinies. Sometimes use them for in-game though.
6) Do you feel like hunting for gimmick shinies is a waste of time? That depends. What is a gimmick shiny? No shiny is a waste of time.

Hello everyone. Congratulations on all newly obtained shinies. I have recently captured a shiny Misdreavus while chaining in Eterna forest on pearl version. Got it on an early shiny patch at chain 26 and am very happy. The chain broke soon after though.

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
hmm............ Hows about a poliwag? And then trade it to yourpal Okie :)

HAha, never seen shiny poliwag or corsola. i'll look into those :p and maybe if I don't like it you can have it XD
Still working on boxing eevees. Dr who makes it go a lot faster. 5 boxes in, think I can do like 8 or so if i try.
Silence will fall o_O

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
1) Which method of shiny hunting do you prefer?
Gotta say I like random encountering the best. It's too bad that many of the best shinies are only reasonably obtainable through breeding, though! I'm currently going a manic-breeding phase thanks to the utility of Pass Powers in Black and White

2) Are there any specific television or movie series you watch while hunting?
I'll watch anything while I'm shiny hunting. If I'm in front of my computer, however, I like to watch anime.

3) What do you look for in a shiny target? Do you look for stats, rarity, or ease of hunting?
The simple thing above all else: the appearance of the shiny, of course! But I think a lot of shinies are cool, so that doesn't really narrow the list down much, ;) I think rarity also plays a factor in my decision to hunt particular shinies. Ease of hunting doesn't really apply when you only hunt for 1/8192 shinies like I do, haha

4) What motivates you while hunting?
Seeing videos of other people getting the shinies that I want.

5) Do you EV train your shinies to make competitive or in-game use of them?
I EV train my guys in the hopes that I'll use them in all shiny competitive battles with fellow shiny hunters one day. In my six years of hunting, I think I've battled only one other serious shiny hunter. x_X Competitive in-game is pointless.

6) Do you feel like hunting for gimmick shinies is a waste of time? (obviously I don't =p)
You hunt for shinies because you like how they look, not because you think they are "underappreciated". Hunting for shinies based on an arbitrary metric is dumb. I'll definitely hunt for a shiny Mankey one of these days: but my reason for hunting for it will be because I like it, not because it is underappreciated.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
3822 re's and I land another 5% shiny, only need Heracross and I'll have every shiny in this route lol, I'm gonna keep hunting here for that bee even tho I'm kinda wanting a Heracross now xD Nature is Quiet which isn't that good for it but at least it has a max attack IV =D Good lucky everyone!

HeraNoob.jpg

Oh yea, my hunt in SS is now my longest RE hunt evar must be at 23-25k encounters in route 10.. If it wasn't for the shinies I've been getting in white I would have gone crazy by now lol.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Alright, here we go! I'm starting on my Spinda hunt to reclaim the Spinda that I lost in Sapphire so many years ago. Tentacool is next - to reclaim the first shiny I ever found. I'm MMing and the egg count will be posted in my sig as I collect eggs. I'm going to collect eggs and then hatch them all at once.

Dangertrout

and where do you get this wisdom? because last time I checked emerald was just like anyother pokemon game.

The Emerald RNG works a little differently than other games. Every time you boot up your game, the RNG starts at zero. So, unless you have a very early shiny frame, SRing doesn't work well.
The same goes for a Ruby or Sapphire with a dead internal battery. When the battery dies, the RNG is stuck in the same spot from then on.
Great for RNG abusing, not so great for old school shiny hunting.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
1) Am I the only one here who likes to SR? Its my favorite method. I SR stationary pokemon and eggs. I just love it :D

2) I watch Psyche a lot lol. I also watch Hell's Kitchen and a few others.

3) I like to hunt anything that looks cool. My first MM shiny was Venipede and I really like the brown color. Scolipede is even better.

4) Watching Live Encouter videos on Youtube really motivates me. I love the reactions when someone finds a shiny.

5) I used to train them in-game, but then I found myself wishing I hadnt evolved them. So most of my MM shinies I just leave UT.

6) Nope. How can you even describe a gimmick shiny when everyone has their own preferences?

Status
Not open for further replies.