• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything and Everything Shiny - 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
^Nyahahah! Seen you around Youtube quite a bit. Well, congrats on the awesome shiny and stuff like that. Welcome back to Serebii's shiny hunting posting community though.

2,911 HBs now. Might switch to Giratina on Diamond in a minute...

Crimson_Blazer

I have a question, i Got a ruby version off ebay and it's a fake, i know its fake because of the little message i get after i boot up, do these games still give you shinies? I dont want to be encountering on a game that has no shinies. I only got it cuz it was 10 bucks so if it doesnt generate shinies i might just put it back on eBay. The message is THE SAVE FILE WILL BE LOADED. THE GAME CAN BE PLAYED. I dont know if its a rom on a cartridge or what i just dont wnt to be SR for a shiny mudkip when i cant even get one. It gives me different gender poochyena so im assuming that it can generate shinies i would just like someone elses opinion

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Finally!! After almost 3 weeks of hunting (20 days to be exact) I finally get something on SS!

007-1.jpg

Its not Voltorb but this was my 2nd choice so I'm happy =D Soo glad this hunt is finally over so I can move on to a different hunt which will be Diglett's Cave. Lately, for some reason I've grown this love for shiny Diglett/Dugtrio lol I know its not a big difference but I really like it. I may come back to route 10 for Voltorb in the future cause I still really want it so hopefully this hunt won't last too long. Good luck everyone and gratz on the recent shinies especially the Cranidos! I want one now lol.

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
^ NICE! wow i love that shiny congrats on getting it ^^

Cutty

Forever now
I have a question, i Got a ruby version off ebay and it's a fake, i know its fake because of the little message i get after i boot up, do these games still give you shinies? I dont want to be encountering on a game that has no shinies. I only got it cuz it was 10 bucks so if it doesnt generate shinies i might just put it back on eBay. The message is THE SAVE FILE WILL BE LOADED. THE GAME CAN BE PLAYED. I dont know if its a rom on a cartridge or what i just dont wnt to be SR for a shiny mudkip when i cant even get one. It gives me different gender poochyena so im assuming that it can generate shinies i would just like someone elses opinion

It can actually give you shinies BUT you can't migrate them to 4th gen games as it will delete its own saved file. So you still need a LEGIT 3rd gen game to trade over if u wanna migrate the shinies safely.
Some hunters I know use.. Um emulator to play 3rd gen games cheaply on computer and somehow migrate the shinies to their 4th gen games. I shouldnt even talk bout it.
You can buy used cheap 3rd gen games or wait for the remakes.
But it wont feel the same. The classic vibe I mean. At least for me.

Swarm shiny in Ruby... *__* must get it too!

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Started MMing for a shiny Ponyta on Black... no luck so far!

Ipodcheese

Shiny Hunter
WOW City of Delusion great shiny!!
I want that shiny as part of my dream shiny team!
Still nothing on any of my hunts.
Going on a 3 day long school trip so should be able to hunt a fair bit :p
Congratz on all the latest shinys and...
*May the shine be with you*

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Wanted to tell this to you guys yesterday but while EV training, I encountered a Shiny Shelmet, I Ultra balled him and evolved it, it was a nice day yesterday:)

Aww, congrats dood! ^^ I wish I was that lucky. :p Today I think I'm gonna continue with the shiny Axew hunt. I just needed a break from it ^^; Umm...I may post something when I get it? :p

Blizzardy

Loves Eeveelutions
Grats on the shininies guys/girls!

@the cricket: Try reading a few guides, then you'll get useful tips like "go to the furthest patch, as long as it's not more then 7 steps away, don't step on shaking grass that appeared right next to you. Don't walk up (to the spot directly behind your char)" etc.
If you have any questions after reading some guides, send me a pm and I'll gladly help :)

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
A few days back when i was training my heracross in ss...

Poof.

-insert drowzee cry- Shiny drowzee. <33333. I dont have any pics, but man was that random. Its not rotting in my pc. Hooray. ^^.

Crimson_Blazer

It can actually give you shinies BUT you can't migrate them to 4th gen games as it will delete its own saved file. So you still need a LEGIT 3rd gen game to trade over if u wanna migrate the shinies safely.
Some hunters I know use.. Um emulator to play 3rd gen games cheaply on computer and somehow migrate the shinies to their 4th gen games. I shouldnt even talk bout it.
You can buy used cheap 3rd gen games or wait for the remakes.
But it wont feel the same. The classic vibe I mean. At least for me.

Swarm shiny in Ruby... *__* must get it too!

Ill just keep em on this game, and i learned about the file deletion the hard way, was playing on my DS, got to wallace, saved then Popped it back in my SP and the file was deleted, thats why im Encoutering in route 102 dont feel like doing a whole nother playthrough right now

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
WOO! Congrats Delusion, that is a shiny damn well wort the effort!

Sorry if my "WOO!" gave anyone the illusion of me finding a shiny...3,046 HBs now.

gl and congrats guys @ city of delusion, guess thats back to combee now? congrats, 60 eggs hatched tday slow progress, taking this one slowerish

dan2point5

Congrats on all the new shinies guys, there's been a lot today!

@CityofDelusion - haha I'm the same as you buddy, really want a shiny diglett so can't want to get to kanto and hunt that bad boy!

Keep going guys, you'll get your reward soon! As for me I've done a whopping 1,000 SR's today so it's safe to say I've finished for the day. Puts this hunt at 4,500.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Well, I got to around 3,230 HBs today! I did 28 SRs for Giratina on Diamond, which puts this hunt at 160 SRs ^–^

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Currently at 720 eggs hatched for Larvitar. I'm trying to hit 1,000 eggs before I leave.

Also Headbutting/hunting for whatever is my swarm in HG on the side. I might start a badge quest on SS, but probably not since I'm leaving in a few days.

Good luck everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.