• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything and Everything Shiny - 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
I think this time it doesn't matter, I don't think anyone ever mentioned about it.

I'm planning to do a BQ anyway, so I decided why not join the next community hunt AND do a BQ at the same time :D

Yellow :p

XD Yeah Yellow is much better but I may just postpone the hunt and focus on making the team I will have for the Mamoswine.

Ammako

I just had a horrendous thought. Most of the unevolved shinies I was planning to temporarily transfer to Black/White 2 will not show up until I get the National dex in the post-game... ugh. I guess I'll have to hold off an extra week or more, depending on whether I take it slow or not.

Uh, what do you mean?
You can trade any Pokémon regardless of having the National Dex or not, if that's what you were wondering.

KuzKan

wow so many shinies again in so less time o-o
congratz to all :D

my hunt for a snivy is at almost 700 eggs but no luck yet

btw sorry if its a dumb question but... is there a thread where the community hunt is announced? i've look for that but didnt find it ><

Dangertrout

The community hunt is put together here, so there isn't really an announcement beyond everyone saying "yeah, let's do that!" and then talking about it for the rest of the month :p
Since I still don't have a shiny female bulbasaur, I'll be taking part in the starter community hunt. I have eggs stocked, ready to hatch after midnight. Until then, focusing on this Lugia in SS that I've been SRing for 9 days now. Would be nice to get something tonight, but I'm not holding my breath :p

KuzKan

The community hunt is put together here, so there isn't really an announcement beyond everyone saying "yeah, let's do that!" and then talking about it for the rest of the month :p
Since I still don't have a shiny female bulbasaur, I'll be taking part in the starter community hunt. I have eggs stocked, ready to hatch after midnight. Until then, focusing on this Lugia in SS that I've been SRing for 9 days now. Would be nice to get something tonight, but I'm not holding my breath :p

oh i see x)
thank you

JohnNiles

Uh, what do you mean?
You can trade any Pokémon regardless of having the National Dex or not, if that's what you were wondering.

Yep, but I want to see the shiny in the dex. If I can't see it right after trading, I would rather just trade it in the post-game. Plus I have this weird fear that it will glitch and not register, and I am planning to evolve them once they're properly registered.

Luneth777

Shiny Hunter
2100 SR into a hunt for Rayquaza. Once it finishes, I'm thinking about going after the scariest hunt of my entire career. Jirachi from the colloseum bonus disk. Good luck on your hunts.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys! I know I already posted about getting Riolu tonight, but I just wanted to mention a few other things. First, I am still hatching the rest of the Riolu eggs I have left over (still a little over 150 or so to hatch). Next, I am STILL working on Ho-oh in HG. I did an AMAZING 1,185 SRs for this thing today, bring my grand total to 10,295 SRs. I really need to get this thing soon. Lastly, for the starter community hunt, I will be going for the three unova starters first. One will be MM'ed on white and the other 2 will be SR'ed for on B2 and W2. So hopefully I will have all three by the end of the month. Once I get them, I might continue in my HGSS games and SR for the hoenn and kanto starters. Who knows. Anyways, good night everyone! Tomorrow will be a new month (and in b&w a new season)! ;) happy hunting everyone!!!

Dangertrout

Yep, but I want to see the shiny in the dex. If I can't see it right after trading, I would rather just trade it in the post-game. Plus I have this weird fear that it will glitch and not register, and I am planning to evolve them once they're properly registered.

Unfortunately, I don't have any fresh gen 5 games to check this yet, but in gen 3 and 4 I recall trading pokemon outside of the starting dex. they appeared in the right location in relation to the rest of the pokemon, but the dex number was "???" until I upgraded my dex. I imagine it would work the same way in gen 5.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
As promised, here is the addition to my shiny family!

080915.jpg

Now to only have Ho-oh hopefully join the family as well soon! Also, I will be starting this community hunt once I am done hatching the rest of my Riolu!

BW2 is less than a week away! So excited! :D Happy hunting everyone!

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Ok. I know I am not supposed to double post, but I have another picture to share and for some reason it won't let me post 2 pictures on the same post...

First shiny of the month on the forums!

So here is the story... I get back to school at like 7:45am and I have a class at 9am (which I leave my apartment at 8:40am to get there), so I decide to do some SRs for Ho-oh to kill time and what do you know? After only 34 SRs this morning.... This pops up on my screen...

101054.jpg

I start to drain its HP down some, then start chucking Ultra Balls at it. I only have like 10 minutes or so before I had to leave for class, so I start freaking out! I ended up running out of time and had to hook the DS up on the charger and leave for class hoping that Ho-oh will still be there when I get back (basically hoping for no glitches or freezes while I am gone). I am in class freaking out and antsy the entire time. Class is over so I run back and it is still there (Thank Arceus!). I chuck a few more Ultra Balls at it and it is finally mine! :D

As you can see, it is a Lonely nature, which I think is freaking awesome! I am so happy!! (If you couldn't tell!). This hunt ended up totaling 10,329 SRs! It's kind of funny because October just started and shiny Ho-oh reminds me of something relating to Halloween. So I changed its nickname after taking the picture. His name now is Hallow. :) I am even more pumped now for BW2 to come out! Happy hunting everyone and this month has already started off amazing!

Last edited:

dan2point5

Kitty thats awesome! So happy you got both your targets the last 2 days! Major congrats :)

I'm at 1,050 eggs hatched for this multihunt now and started stocking the next batch.

Dangertrout

congrats kitty! (Ho-oh pic doesn't seem to work tho :( )
I'm ~180 eggs into my bulbasaurs, no luck yet :( I'm really hoping I can finally put an end to this hunt this month. I'm so sick of hatching bulbasaurs >.<

Manaphione123

Merely A Puppet
So, apart from event shinies (gyarados, pichu) I have three shinies. All random encounter. Rhyhorn from Platinum (now a Rhyperior), Tentacruel from SoulSilver, and the newest addition, Audino from Black. I am so so so happy with them, especially the fact that my recent three games all had a RE shiny! I nicknamed them Juggernaut, Kraken and Sakura, respectively. Hoping to train the latter to competitively.

Hey all. Back from school. Gotta start sring now. Congrats kitty! Two shinies! I really want a shiny legendary someday.
Heres the deal
1) i will sr for a johto starter
2) I will mm the best, that is, turtwig
And btw that kinda freaky, same day and same nature!
Gl lets hope we get a early shine
680 srs! lets go!

-Xen-

There's a community shiny hunt going on for starters? Eh, wynaut, I'll join the fun. I may try my luck breeding a Chikorita. :p

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
major congratulations to kitty on ho oh and riolu 2 awesome shinies :D

as for me still SRing for suicune havent gotten much done (school in the way) but im going to do alot this week for him lets hope for some more october shines

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Ok. I know I am not supposed to double post, but I have another picture to share and for some reason it won't let me post 2 pictures on the same post...

So here is the story... I get back to school at like 7:45am and I have a class at 9am (which I leave my apartment at 8:40am to get there), so I decide to do some SRs for Ho-oh to kill time and what do you know? After only 34 SRs this morning.... This pops up on my screen...

View attachment 6334

I start to drain its HP down some, then start chucking Ultra Balls at it. I only have like 10 minutes or so before I had to leave for class, so I start freaking out! I ended up running out of time and had to hook the DS up on the charger and leave for class hoping that Ho-oh will still be there when I get back (basically hoping for no glitches or freezes while I am gone). I am in class freaking out and antsy the entire time. Class is over so I run back and it is still there (Thank Arceus!). I chuck a few more Ultra Balls at it and it is finally mine! :D

As you can see, it is a Lonely nature, which I think is freaking awesome! I am so happy!! (If you couldn't tell!). This hunt ended up totaling 10,329 SRs! It's kind of funny because October just started and shiny Ho-oh reminds me of something relating to Halloween. So I changed its nickname after taking the picture. His name now is Hallow. :) I am even more pumped now for BW2 to come out! Happy hunting everyone and this month has already started off amazing!

Wow kitty mice job 2 of your target shinies in one day and one a legend nonetheless that is awesome, I have had a shiny drought for a few weeks now

Floette

Fennekin

View attachment 6334

Congratulations on both of those shinies! Ho-oh and riolu are both great :D

Still doing various RE hunts on SS (switching routes) and my secret MM on white.

Status
Not open for further replies.