• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything and Everything Shiny - 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Arceus Delusion

In Arceus We Trust
Just hatched a shiny Spinarak while trying to breed a new team for when I eventually start Black 2. I wasn't even using the Masuda Method or looking for a shiny at all. Guess picking the Spinarak from the litter will be easy this time. :)

That makes my second shiny with these games. First was a shiny Magnemite in the Virbank Complex.

TheeMuffinMan

Muffin Trainer
ive once found a shiny braviary, was just leveling up some pokes to evolve and to level 50. another time i was just trying to get breed a charmander, and then, POOF, shiny charmander, but then i lost the game ;-;, and another time was in emerald, shiny solrock, it think that was my first shiny. btw does holding down the down button and press a rapidly, make it easier to catch a pokemon?

dan2point5

btw does holding down the down button and press a rapidly, make it easier to catch a pokemon?

It does indeed! Also when you're trying to catch a legendary as soon as you hear the ball rattle 3 times and click if you press L R Start and Select at the same time it has a 10% chance of the legend turning into a shiny.

Bahaha I kid.

Congrats on that spinarak and good luck to everyone!

telivisionhead

yes they are very hard to run into, i have over 100 hours in my game and have only ran into a shiny timbur. that i was not paying attention to and ran away. i was so angry with myself. but is a shiny harder to catch than a regular?
I think a regular is easier to catch then shiny,
the only shiny i have is tympole level 12

mia100

Well. I have finally transfered my dex and have the shiny charm. I have restarted my Chickorita hunt in the hopes of getting a starter by the end of October. I was just a little fed up of seeing 5000 brown Staryu's. Good luck everyone, especially badge questers stuck in Aspertia.

dan2point5

Done an hour and a half worth of resetting this morning but rocky refuses to shine as of yet. Think I'm probably at around the 1,000 mark now. Ah well onwards and upwards!

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Well I have decided that since I am still resting my writsts and arms that I can just focus on my pokedex for W2 right now. I think it was the SRing that was killing my arms and wrists and I can't just have my games staring at me without playing... So I will work on my dex a little today. :)

Happy hunting everyone!

PrincessPeachy

Princess in Training
While I'm still running about looking for a shiny shinx in Platinum thought I'd share my first shiny experience.

I restarted Sapphire a while ago and was running about near Rustboro City when a Whismur came out. It looked weird and I asked my roommate to search what a Whismur looks like just to see if I was being silly. Sure enough, this WASN'T at all like a regular Whismur! I managed to catch him and happily named him Special. He's sitting on my Platinum cartridge now since it's one I will never delete : )
My other shiny was just pure luck. It was a male Chikorita and he's on Platinum as well. They're the only two but I have the Japanese copies of White & White 2 so I might do the Masuda Method whenever I stop being lazy...

dan2point5

SHINY REGIROCK!!!

So damn happy right now! Can't believe it!!

Get in there! About 1,300 SR's I think. I'll get pictures up sometime midweek!

Major congrats dan^ you should hunt the other three as well. Well i have just reached 450 eggs for shroomish, i will do a few more tonight. Gl all!

Dangertrout

Well I have decided that since I am still resting my writsts and arms that I can just focus on my pokedex for W2 right now. I think it was the SRing that was killing my arms and wrists and I can't just have my games staring at me without playing... So I will work on my dex a little today. :)

Happy hunting everyone!

with that sort of injury, it's repetitive motions that cause it. the quickest way for it to heal is if you don't play at all for a week (or use a computer or pretty much any other video game) that can be hard to do, especially if you have a job that requires hours of data entry on a computer (like mine)
so if you're going to play make sure to take frequent breaks and ice the inflamed areas for about 10 minutes after each session. that should help a bit.

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
SHINY REGIROCK!!!

So damn happy right now! Can't believe it!!

Get in there! About 1,300 SR's I think. I'll get pictures up sometime midweek!

NO WAY congrats that amazing gl with the next regi hope you get lucky again

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
with that sort of injury, it's repetitive motions that cause it. the quickest way for it to heal is if you don't play at all for a week (or use a computer or pretty much any other video game) that can be hard to do, especially if you have a job that requires hours of data entry on a computer (like mine)
so if you're going to play make sure to take frequent breaks and ice the inflamed areas for about 10 minutes after each session. that should help a bit.

thanks for the advice. I'm playing very infrequently and am taking quite a few breaks. :) it is just so hard to not play! ;)

Congrats dan and happy hunting everyone!

JohnNiles

613 pokemon seen, 613 pokemon caught. I think I have everything except for the legendaries. I've been at this for 3 solid weeks- I did not build up a living dex so it took some effort. The folks on the GTS weren't helpful at all- have fun searching for your level 9 zekroms, guys.

I always feel agitated about transferring legendaries, as if I'm violating some unspoken rule, but I've been preparing for this moment for a couple of years. Stacked as many of them as possible on my HeartGold cartridge. I guess I should bite the bullet and transfer over the catchable, non-downloadable ones. Time to get that shiny charm.

oops: forgot to get a spare Lugia, Groudon, and Palkia. Guess I need to get to work.

edit: down to just Groudon thanks to some shiny trading.

Last edited:

Shiny Lord

1,500 RE on Route 5. Congrats to anyone who got a shiny recently. And for those of you doing badge quests good luck!

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Congrats on the shiny Regirock, Dan. That was a nice, quick shiny. ^_^

... I wish I could say the same for my shiny Snivy. I'm now at 7600 soft resets. I've decided to change files every 100 SR (unless I find an ID number that I love) to make it less boring.

Good luck everybody.

Zenn of Ascension

Managed to get to 4,500 encounters today on Route 5 on White 2 while RE on my Leaf Green badge quest, up to 14,000 and still no shiny in sight...

Uber_Fuller

<-- Latest Shiny
I decided to quit my Tepig SR hunt on my Black 2 :(
It was getting really boring and I just wanted to start the game.

I am going to play through the game with my shiny team.
My team is : Chikorita (SR-ed on HG), Ponyta (Pokeradar on Pl :p), Slowpoke (RE on HG), Zubat (RE on HG), Blitzle (RE on B), and Scyther (Pokeradar on Pl :p) :)

I am pretty happy with that team.

I plan on MM Tepig on my B2W2 copies later.

Also, congrats to dan on that Shiny Regirock!! It is a really cool shiny and I am glad you had such a quick hunt!

Status
Not open for further replies.