• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything and Everything SHINY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
My friend was playing my ruby, and they found a shiny poocheyana, I told them to weaken it and catch it

The move was a critical hit and it fainted

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
'Hey, why is that Tangela sparkling?' o__O

I didn't know about shinies back then, and since this was back in Crystal when the colour wasn't great, I couldn't see much difference between that and a real tangela. I almost convinced myself I'd imagined the sparkles. Thankfully I was just about curious enough to capture it :D

Enoch

When I met first shiny Pokemon,I thought something is wrong with my game, right away I know that is shiny pokemon

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Having known about about shiny Pokemon for years, I didn't fear for my game glitching when I found my first shiny in LeafGreen version - an Unown 'S' I found while looking for a more rare Unown in the same cave. I was still amazed, however, even after seeing all shinies before that.

I got the same feeling last weekend, when I happened upon a shiny Tangela while running to the Pokemon Center outside of Mt. Silver on HeartGold. I was just trying to train my Togepi, when the sparkling thing jumped out at me. It was a happy moment.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
ʘωʘ
Nuff said.

Cloud369

My first shiny pokemon was NUMEL in pokemon ruby.
I was so excited .At first I thought it was a bug :S , but then a friend told me that it's a shiny pokemon.
I decided to keep NUMEL in my team till the very end of the game!.

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
When I first spotted my shiny Golbat I noticed how dark it was then got excited when it turned out to be shiny.

Blazing Charmander

I obviously found out about the Red Gyarados when I played Silver for the first time all those years ago (I knew about it before playing through reading a magazine), but never in my life would I have known that Game Freak had programmed shiny versions of EVERY Pokemon species into the games starting from Gen 2. As a result, it was a real surprise when I was once on Route 37 after completing Silver for the first time and encountering a differnet coloured Pidgey that sparkled. I remember my heart skipping a beat at first when I saw it sparkle, and my next thought was that something was very familiar about that animation. Thinking that it was a glitch caused by the Red Gyarados, I took my chances and caught it, but then told one of my friends to keep hunting south of Ecruteak because a golden Pidgey would eventually appear. When the internet fandom was established and became awash with spottings of shiny Pokemon, it was only then that I realised that there was a chance, albeit very slim, of seeing shiny versions of every Pokemon.

pkmnlover25

my reaction to the ponyta Was "ooooh pretty"

i found a rattata first and caught it but then i reset my game shortly after :( i didn't know what it was

then i found a caterpie shiny early on in my new game and this girl at my beach condo reset my gbc because i wasn't paying attention to her :[

gg two shinys

Mythic Mist

Indecent Exposure
"F**k I don't have any pokeballs"

SourMilk

My first was a Shiny Carnivine in Diamond.
-Me walking around Great Marsh, looking for... Something.-
"Oh lookie, a Shiny!" *throws ball, ching!*
"Yay!" *puts in Box, never to be used*

-Me doing the usual Victory Road with that one lady in Platinum-
"Floatzel and... Shiny Floatzel? Arcanine, go die." *uses Surf*
Needless to say, I caught it. And never used it, either. xD

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
I thought my Gold version was glitched when I found my shiny Bellsprout but I wasn't scared that my game was broken. I just had a feeling it was really special and I was right. :)

destructo

first shiny encounter was a graveler and i was about to kill it before realizing it was a shiny lol. i was like OMGOMG

Ludicolomaniac

Come at me bro!
My first reaction to a non-cheat shiny encounter was rather incompetent. I was walking along the tall grass and i encountered a shiny ponyta. My reaction at first was utter excitement that i have actually found a wild shiny without cheats, and then i was sad because i was so excited that i fled the battle. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.