• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything and Everything SHINY

Status
Not open for further replies.

sara_dippity

Ummm, my first non-gyarados shiny was......... HO-OH!!! I have like 10 years playing Pokemon and SoulSilver gave me my first shiny, and that was like 5 months ago >_<.
The thing is that i was preparing to SR it for a good nature, got my Masterball ready and saved in front of it, and then talked to it and OMIGOOOOOOOOD CHAINY!!!! NN it HeartGold =D

OOOoooohhh, pretty!

My first shiny encounter was in pokemon platinum
It was a rhyhorn, and it was PERFECT! Adamant, Loves to eat, but... his ability is Lightingrod:(

PokemonOwn

Yup.

"Hey, Marley, why is that Golbat Green?"
"Arcanine, use ExtremeSpeed!"
"..."
"Wow, I guess it's dead, then."
"Go, Pokeball."
"How did you catch it?"

Let's just say, it was on a sliver of health.

Mighty Arceus493

Relentless.
In my Diamond:

Pokeradar: *Shiny Grass In Sight*

Me: What's that? Maybe a rare Pokemon?

*Walk into grass*

Me: Why is that Ralts weird? Meh, I'll just catch it...

One Day...The web says shiny Pokemon are rare as, so I was happy.

Then....

Me: Lets put this Flygon in the GTS for a Dragonite....

*The next day*

Me: Yes! Now lets see....

*Shiny Dragonite!*

Me: !? Who would trade their shiny Dragonite for a Flygon!!??

Now I get shiny Pokemon all the time...

Hatsune Miku

Me: is that a blue gallade ?
hey they want any golem on GTS !

Later on ...

someone on Serebii forums:really want shiny gallade .offering a shiny(lol i forgot)
Me:wow
yay :D

Timpeni

The Awesome One
When I encountered a Ponyta in SS (My first RE, and while I was trying to hatch a Shiny Ponyta)
Me: ...what... OMMGOMGOGMGOGMKGUIDUSFVDDRYDXG MASTERBALL GO
But then I selected Pokeball instead >.< But I caught it anyway, hurrah!

When I hatched a shiny Swablu in record time:
Me: Are my eyes broken? *Rubs* IT ISN'T! OOOOOOHHHHHHHMAAAAAAHGAAAAWD *dies again*

megamudkip

mudkip rulez!
my first shiny was barboach in diamond, i did not even knew about shiny and i thought it was a glitch, so i captured it and the next day i saw on the computer it was rare.
yay for shiny pokémon!

PokemonTrainerKaden

I knew about them but I didnt think much of them until i encoutered a golden Graveler in pokemon diamond. I was saving my masterball for dialga so i tried to whitle it down to the red and put it to sleep and right as i got it in the red it used selfdestruct. I was so mad. The very next day i encountered another shiny only this time is was a chingling and this time i caught it. Unfortunatley i wasnt thinking and i deleted the save file six months later.

Skyliner

Destruction to all
I thought my shiny tentacool was really powerful and I was the only person on the world with one.

abrar14

Statter Master
when i found a shiny rattata years ago on my silver i thought my game was broken

AnimeFinder

...breeder.
ERROR ERROR ERROR THIS IS A GLITCH LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! should i really catch it? what i will gain if i catch? ( this was my reaction when i found a shiny tentacool on crystal version ) lol

Firebrand

Indomitable
Random wild encounter...
"Ah, c'mon, no time for this!"
Battle music starts...
"Hang on, that absol sprite looks a little... OMFG SHINY ABSOL"
*switches to scizor*
"So glad I gave him false swipe before we caught Lugia and was too lazy to change it."
*False Swipes*
*Ultra Ball*
*CAUGHT*
"YESSSSSS!"

Pretty much the same reaction for when I found my shiny cofagrigus in the Relic Castle, but when I went to switch out to a weaker pokemon so I wouldn't OHKO it, it used curse and brought itself to 1/2 HP. I threw a Dusk Ball, and caught it.

Training Deino at Cold Storage. Tra-la-la-la-laaaaaaaaa.......
RE. Vanillite.
"Dang. Don't have anything to counter it"
"OMFG, I can't see with this glare!"
Gets into shade.
"OH MY ******* ***!!!!!!"
Throws Quick Ball.
Critical Capture.
:)

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
first one was a mudkip in emerald on my first run on the game in '05
"eh?"
second one was a koffing several replays later
"yay, shiny :D lets go catch it.......WHATTHEHELLHASHAPPENEDTOALLOFMYGODDAMNPOKEBALLSHFYHIKJRHFIUHLDBFOIHGDIKNFVOIGHFIBF??????????????????????????????????" i didnt have any :/

all my other encounters have been successes, EXCEPT when i found shiny rayquaza, glitched up, found it AGAIN on the next reset, glitched AGAIN and on the final reset it was shiny (WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF) and when i caught it and was saving, my brother rushed into my room and dislocated the game cartridge, causing the game to glitch, and when i turned the game back on, rayquaza was gone and i basically had a epileptic seizure

Whenever I find a shiny, I go through a moment of shock, followed by extreme happiness. I have found two shinies from random encounters.

jamaela18

All-Round Breeder
My first shiny was wurmple in ruby. Then it evolved to beautifly and gave a hard time to steven.
And when the purple worm appeared, I was like WTH???Go pokeball

My first was wingull.
I was like "Huh.. Something's strange about this"
*Throws ultra ball*
I showed it to my friend and he almost got an orgasm because of it.

Pikacu

Cant Beat The Heat!
My first was a Carvanah
and i was like "ahhh damn my game screwed its self"

SazandoraMASTER

♥ PSG ♥
My first one was a Hoothoot I found at the Emerald Safari Zone...at that time I was like 7 I believe and I had no idea what's going on lol

Status
Not open for further replies.