• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything I can do to upgrade my Pokemon team?

Subtropic

I was just wondering if there was anything I can do to better my team, whether it be a replacing a Pokemon or its moves.

1. I don't want any legendaries.
2. I can obtain Pokemon from FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby and Sapphire.

My team so far:

Charizard (Dragon Claw, Flamethrower, Blast Burn, Fly)
Dragonite (Thunderbolt, Surf, Flamethrower, Ice Beam)
Metagross (Meteor Mash, Shadow Ball, Psychic, Hyper Beam)
Kingdra (Return, Surf, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam)
Venusaur (Sludge Bomb, Giga Drain, Frenzy Plant, Solarbeam)
Tyranitar (Thunderbolt, Crunch, Earthquake, Ice Beam)

Thanks!

In general, ultimate moves are not considered to be that good in these forums, from what I read so far. You might want to consider changing Blast Burn for something that does more damage within two turns. I see that your Charizard already has 3 different move types (Dragon, Fire, Flying). Why not make these 4 different types?

CAH

Calm And Hyper
Two of the same type of move seems pointless. Get rid of either hydro pump or surf (choose between power and accuracy) on Kingdra, and honestly, Blastburn and Frenzy Plant are pretty awful. High power, but recharge time isn't worth it. Earthquake on Metagross instead of Hyper Beam. Also check your Pokemon's stats. If Tyranitar is better physically, then give it all physical moves, and vice versa. Dragonite having no STAB is also an issue, teach it draco meteor over either surf or ice beam, as both are similar. Also I just realised, THREE grass moves on Venusaur? Get rid of giga drain and frenzy plant, and give it something useful like sleep powder or leech seed (or both). It's bulky, so can use them well.