• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

latios539

Your average moron.
they removed the door at the back of celadon city condoniums. why is there a bit of path still there?

Aquarelle

Staff member
they removed the door at the back of celadon city condoniums. why is there a bit of path still there?

To trick you into thinking that something was still back there.

It made me angry when I fell for it and found out the door was gone.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I wondered about that as well, but maybe the path was kept just for decoration. I didn't mind that the door wasn't there anymore, though I was slightly confused by the elevators in the Celadon Mansion Condominiums :p

I hate how Flash is now a TM.

Flash is a tm

Am I missing something here? Why is the fact that Flash is now a TM in HG/SS, a bad thing?

Aquarelle

Staff member
Am I missing something here? Why is the fact that Flash is now a TM in HG/SS, a bad thing?

This is what I was wondering, too. I thought people hated having Flash as an HM because then their Pokemon were stuck knowing a really bad move.
So I don't know what's so bad about it being a TM.

I didn't mind that the door wasn't there anymore, though I was slightly confused by the elevators in the Celadon Mansion Condominiums

This reminds me: I don't like how the Celadon Mansion is now called "Condominiums" in these games. I always liked the idea of having a big mansion in the city, now it just doesn't feel the same. And why change it now when it was a mansion for over a decade...?

Cruisin'

Nope, not really.

Except that one old man and his machop in vermillion, who have yet to finish building whatever..

hever

022611229PM
How to wake up Snorlax, so I can go through the Diglett cave. Nearly ripped my eyelashes out when I found out how to access the pokeflute.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This reminds me: I don't like how the Celadon Mansion is now called "Condominiums" in these games. I always liked the idea of having a big mansion in the city, now it just doesn't feel the same. And why change it now when it was a mansion for over a decade...?

Well, the Celadon Mansion has always looked more like a typical building than an actual mansion. I guess they decided to change the name of the location in HG/SS to reflect the actual look of the buidling. I still call it the Celadon Mansion though, since I've gotten so used to the name over the years. Celadon Condominiums is too long anyway, so yeah :p

Skoy

Safari Zone and how the first pokemon is the only pokemon that can follow you.

Snipehsheep

Scottish American
Joey, Joey's Rattata, Joey's Face.

Cruisin'

Joey, Joey's Rattata, Joey's Face.

Wow, how could I ever forget about this.

Stop calling me you little douche! You and your rattata will never amount to anything!

yeminied

The huge number of daily events made me angry.

There is just so many things to do. In order to get any kind of decent challenge you have to ring so many people at all sorts of times. I seriously don't have the time in the morning to ring a couple of people to battle them.

And with the gym leaders who offer the only decent experience first have to be found on certain days or times and then rung on another day at a certain time. Don't even get me started on getting Blue's phone number.

There are so many things to do and if you miss out then you have to wait another week. You could change the date around but that would screw around Safari Zone wait times and Bug Catching Contests, among other things.

There are just so many things to do and Pokémon is not the sort of game that should be having them. I'm glad Black and White got rid of a lot of these daily events.

Another thing that made me angry was how they just seemed to whack things into the game just so they could connect to DPPt or for seemingly no reason. The Fashion Case comes to mind. There is no way to use it other than dressing up your Pokémon in the Goldenrod Underground and even that serves no purpose. Then there is the seal case. That thing is pointless. It's a cool idea but executed very poorly. First you have to grow seven Oran berries to get the Seal Case in the first place. You only get about nine seals and then you have to go to this little girl in Olivine to get only three a day.

EDIT: Out of pure coincidence my 666th post is me getting mad at a game. I swear this was purely coincidental.

Last edited:

kill and run

ShinyHunting Veteran
I have recently became irritated with the lack of training to do in the game. I needed an ice type, so i caught a seel. But im already in Blackthorn city, and my pokes are way under level, and there is no places "good" to train to get them lvls, and evolve seel. :/

scraggy96

hail the scraggy
yea the games great but I cant stand the mom always ringing up and wasting your money!!

ZeroTrouble

You Looking At Me?
Voltorb Flip is really annoying and hate how the Slot Machine's got replaced. Makes some TM's harder to get.

Mark_Chaos

WARP EVOLUTION!
Voltorb Flip is really annoying and hate how the Slot Machine's got replaced. Makes some TM's harder to get.

I'm happy that the slots were switched with the Voltorb Flip since it's more math based than luck. Though i don't like how I can't buy coins anymore, especially since the TM's I want cost a lot.