• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Axel

Orange Champion
The AI seems to get too lucky sometimes. Really, Thunder hits 5 times in a row, *and* is a critical hit each time?

The whole "let's bump back Ho-Oh/Lugia to right after the final gym" irked me too.

kadabrafreak890

2nd Gen Lover
Well I dont like the fact that you run without pressing B. I was quite used.

Wait, are you saying you can't run with B? Because you can. You can either use B or you can tap the running shoes icon on the screen.

The only thing that really irks me is that when you use the Pokewalker, it doesn't matter if you take 10 steps or 10 million, you'll only level up once when you transfer back.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Wait, are you saying you can't run with B? Because you can. You can either use B or you can tap the running shoes icon on the screen.

The only thing that really irks me is that when you use the Pokewalker, it doesn't matter if you take 10 steps or 10 million, you'll only level up once when you transfer back.

What I was saying was that you don't have to press B to run

jab2033

The AI seems to get too lucky sometimes. Really, Thunder hits 5 times in a row, *and* is a critical hit each time?

I've had issues with that in the Battle Tower. My Dragonite was fully paralyzed for about 5-10 turns in a row, causing it to get KO'ed. And confusion makes me hit myself more often that not...

acetrainerdov

ToTW Br0's
Bit of a weird thread

~Ace

i can show you how
i wish you can battle lucas/ or dawn, would be good, but thats why we have that dude, the guy on the mountain who was their for 3 years, oh yeah
RED

Psycho Cut

I didn't really have any complaints about HG/SS, none that I can think of off the top of my head anyway, it has been quite a while since I played it. Obvioulsy there are some features which aren't up to the quality of B/W but I can't complain about that considering that HG/SS were released beforehand and those features were still an improvement on D/P/Pt.

I thought they were really good games, the best of the series, imo, tied with B/W and emerald.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
It could've been cool if you could fight Leaf as well as Red.

But most importantly:
VOLTORB FLIP

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Nothing in the game ever did make me angry or confused.
Except for the PokeGear phone calls ._.

sonic507

Come at me Flower!
the first thing that gets me mad is the safari zone. i mean relly. why do you have to wait with the right objects. then the battle fronteir. Shedninja?Relly? lotad? what the heck where they thinking?!?! voltorb flip is a disaster, lance is a disaster, joey and his rattata is a total disaster. pokewalker, i take one thousand steps and only on level!?!?!? WTF!?!? They dont have the underground! red?!?!dont even think about it.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
the first thing that gets me mad is the safari zone. i mean relly. why do you have to wait with the right objects. then the battle fronteir. Shedninja?Relly? lotad? what the heck where they thinking?!?! voltorb flip is a disaster, lance is a disaster, joey and his rattata is a total disaster. pokewalker, i take one thousand steps and only on level!?!?!? WTF!?!? They dont have the underground! red?!?!dont even think about it.

I agree that the Safari Zone is pretty tricky, but things could be a lot worse. Be thankful that there isn't a limit on steps like in previous games. The Battle Frontier is the same as it was in Platinum version, so there's nothing wrong about that. Voltorb Flip is tricky, but not impossible to play. Lance is just Lance, Joey is just Joey and you don't have to use the PokeWalker if you don't want to; you could level up your Pokemon yourself much faster in the actual games. The Underground is exclusive to the Sinnoh region, hence why it isn't in Johto/Kanto. And what's wrong with Red? He's a trainer who battles you, and his Pokemon give out tons of experience points.

wingull

That they bumped the first Lugia/Ho-oh event until just before the final gym. What the hell, GF? I was waiting for Lugia as my Flyer...that really buggered things up for me.
------------

I hear you. I've been toiling around on a bike and it's starting to drive me bananas! I want my pretty Lugia :C

skinny spartan

The Silent Trainer
Needing a Celebi to battle Geovanni... Also when you do fight him, he's pretty weak and not worth the battle. :/

kadabrafreak890

2nd Gen Lover
It could've been cool if you could fight Leaf as well as Red.

But most importantly:
VOLTORB FLIP

This.
If I get lucky, I can sometimes manage to get to level three, but then I screw up and back to level one I go. At one point, I had my super-mathy asian friends trying to figure it out with derivatives or something.
Honestly slots were ten times easier.

Lyra_Lover1022

Click my eggs/add me
I don't like how it seems that the only thing you do in Kanto is battle Gym Leaders. I restarted and am on the third gym now, but before I restarted, it took 25 hours to complete Johto, but only 10 for Kanto. I hated the lack of play, and all the good legendary events are in Johto.

unown1

A few things that I didn't really like was that if you chose Lyra, whichever side you turn, the bow on her hat and her bag would switch sides. It's like they only made one sprite, flipped it over, and reused it. It's the same with Dawn's too.

The Game Corner. It's impossible for me to get Porygon. They could have at least let us still buy coins. It wouldn't even been considered gambling; you're just exchanging money for coins. But I digress...

I didn't like how so many things popped up on you during the beginning of the game. I mean, come on. Just let me play the damn game already.

And I wish they used the word 'Trainer' instead of 'Boy' when one of the NPCs' was telling you about how Team Rocket disbanded, because the games are essentially sequels to FireRed/LeafGreen, and you were able to be a female trainer in them. It just kind of... bothered me a little. I wish you were able to battle her too. Maybe then we would all be able to agree on a name for her.

Last edited:

Xab95

Legend hunter
I'm disappointment about the low levels in the main storyline, I thought they were going
to edit the levels to make it more than G/S.
Also they should have make a theme for the team rocket admins.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm disappointment about the low levels in the main storyline, I thought they were going
to edit the levels to make it more than G/S.
Also they should have make a theme for the team rocket admins.

These were remakes. The game designers wanted to keep them as close to the originals as possible, so they didn't change too many things. That explains why the levels remained pretty much the same, and why the Team Rocket Executives didn't change much from G/S/C.