• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Kreis

Still Dirrty
The only thing I am mad about is that we didn't gain access to be given Sinnoh Starters from the Professor from Platinum, in this game.

Why would they? You've had 3 core titles to obtain them.

blackterminator3

Why would they? You've had 3 core titles to obtain them.

I know I have 3 core titles to obtain them, but I thought it would of been nice.

Lumineon457

You`ll just have to keep on playing Voltorb Flip.
You will win more coins as you reach the higher levels, but it will still probably take you a while to get the coins you need.

It is annoying to gain coins fast in these games, that`s why I just trade the Pokemon or items I need from DPPt instead. >_>

I find it interesting that it's OKAY that people gamble Poké¥ in Pokémon Battles, but use a slot machine, and Europe gets a 12+ rating (or whatever it is).

VainAttempts

Marsh Trainer
How they advertised the Poke Walker in the US.

"Oh no! Not my CHIKORITA!"

But what seriously bugs me is that there is not a Vs. Seeker and you have to wait or call to get rematches. Grinding on wild Pokemon upsets me.

G50

No longer posting
What annoys me in HG/SS is how much more difficult and time consuming it is to get enough money for Thunderpunch to give to Typhlosion.
It was so much easier in older games.

Mankemacho

Old School
There is no way to buy a SlowpokeTail anymore... I mean come on!!!

Cremia

It's a small world..
I don't know what to make my next 2 Pokemon on my team to be. I've been debating this since 2010 and I recently started playing my HG game again.

I have Typhlosion, Ampharos, Flygon, and Gyarados... I keep switching the last 2 Pokemon around.

Think I'll take an Umbreon but what'll my 6th Pokemon be... ? :)

One thing in this game is the way the first route in Johto's music. I don't like how it was redone. And I don't really care for Ice Path / Dark Cave / Slowpoke Well's (I think?) new music. In G/S/C it sounded so dark and creepy and now it just sound sboring and an attempt to be mystical sounding. I liked it in G/S/C better. But it's not that bad of a redone theme.

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
I cannot stand the Persian statues you run into in these games... At least you can deactivate them.

wingman32x

Not much annoyed me in the remakes. Yeah, they took some stuff out, but there were obvious reasons behind some of those.

That said, one thing that Irritated me was that damn Miltank in the second gym. One of the most irritating leader pokemon I've faced in a while. With me, the Miltank spammed attract, which for some reason had an obscene accuracy rate on my game. Then once that hit, it used stomp, which from my experiences caused flinching a lot. And when it didn't, my pokemon was infatuated lol.

K.R.M.O.G

disintegration
One thing that annoyed me was the fact that there are so many low leveled pokemon, because of this, it took forever to get my team up to level 100

dragon user

The main thing that annoys me in this game and all the others (except 1st gen) is the daycare mans long speech before he gives you the egg, just gets on my nerve

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I didnt like how the only trainer you find on victory road was your rival.

Vandslaux

1. Low levels
2. Pokewalker doesn't work if you restart your game (I have Platinum, so I can get most of the special pokes on there, but what about Selfdestruct Munchlax? Surf/Flychu?)
3. Slow speed
4. NO TRAINERS IN VICTORY ROAD!?!
5. No Vs. Seeker
6. How the D-C man rants on about the phone
7. Safari Zone blocks
8. No pokemon diversity
9. Karen has a Gengar/Vileplume
10. Lance's underleveled Dragonites

Overall, a lot of these things just bug me, that's all, but whatev.

Hydregion

EXPERT TRAINER
Well, the only problem i would have is that in 2nd generation how did Latios go form Hoenn to Kanto, it kinda doesn't make much sense in my opinnon.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I also found some of the league members teams confusing. For example why give Morty a team using only the Gastly evolution line when he could have used Misdreavus. It was the only Ghost Pokémon that Johto had introduced! Same with Karen and using Vileplume/Gengar over something like Tyranitar and Sneasel.
It only really made sense for Clair and Lance to not have a full team of just Dragon types, seeing as there was only the Dratini line and Kingdra available at that time. Which makes me think that maybe they should have added a leader of a different type!