• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Optimusjay

I was just wondering if it's possible for Heart Gold and Soul Silver to trade with Pearl and Diamond?

rocky505

Yes it is you can trade as soon as you have 2 pokemon.

pigingy

i wish the games could just hurry up and come out, then i can get the stuff before they end. oh man, 8 more days! come on!

blafie

why does it have to come out this many days after the usa its not fair.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I'm not too crazy about the levels now. I didn't mind them at first but when I got around Mahogany Town and was still battling trainers with lv.16 pokemon it started to bother me, I never paid attention to the levels that much as a kid. Luckily I have Platinum to train my pokemon in instead of training them against the ridiculously low leveled wild pokemon in SS. I miss the VS. Seeker...

BCVM22

why does it have to come out this many days after the usa its not fair.

"It's not fair"? Are you 8 years old?

It used to take three months for games to see their European and/or Australian releases. It's taking two weeks this time.

The whining needs to stop, children.

BCVM22

yes but some games only take three or four days.

And I can almost guarantee that none of them are Pokémon games, which require a significant amount of localization.

And I repeat - you're waiting one-sixth the time you normally do. Stop.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
I don't see why they renamed Tin Tower to Bell Tower. There are bells used in Whirl Islands to summon Lugia, as well as in the tower to summon Ho-Oh. Plus Tin Tower was already used in the anime, so they broke the continuity.

Otherwise, I understand about the levels, they're the same as the original Gold and Silver so it's appropriate. Stuff like decoration and accessories aren't important to me.

Cobalt_Latios

Otherwise, I understand about the levels, they're the same as the original Gold and Silver so it's appropriate. Stuff like decoration and accessories aren't important to me.
Not to mention, we got so accustomed to having high levels for the last 2 gens that it was jarring to see the Pokemon as such low levels. I suppose it has something to do with the fact that this game has 2 regions, so they were forced to lower the levels to make it fit properly.

I'm not bothered by it anymore... it's the experience that bothered me, or rather, lack thereof.

C_L

R_N

If anything, the lower levels make it more of a challenge that everyone and their mother was going on and on and on about.

Besides, if all the levels are low, your Pokemon are generally in the same area of leveling. Sooo...it doesn't really matter at all.

A few things bug me, here's a list.

*Voltorb Flip. Mostly because I can't just buy some ****ing coins, this thing sucks, I miss the card game.

*Bell Tower. I thought it was TIN TOWER? Sigh.

*Decorations. This is more of a minor thing, but I'm kinda peeved I can't have a Charmander doll in my room anymore.

*Daycare Fence. Another minor thing, we can't see our Pokemon from outside the Daycare house anymore.

*Ho-oh Lugia. Am I mistaken, or could we get Ho-oh/Lugia BEFORE getting all the badges before?

Most of these are just minor things that bug me, the game is still awesome, though nostalgia can be cruel, I guess G/S will always seem just a tiny bit better in the original form.

wulpix

Trainer of vulpix
Morty's gengar, evil pokemon >>'. The fact that we can't choose which pokemon follows us, it has to be the first one. All the random trainers who keep calling me every five minutes to tell me that this or that happened and not challenge me to a battle. Mom also calling every five minutes to tell me she bought something. Trying to find decent pokemon to build up my team.

Entei popping up spontaneously to tease me even though I can't catch it yet >>.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I got confused by Lyra today. She called and told me her Marill evolved into Azumarill, and then 10 minutes later, she called me back and said her Marill smelled like dust. I think she has a substance addiction.

Vuro

Arting Wanderist
I got confused by Lyra today. She called and told me her Marill evolved into Azumarill, and then 10 minutes later, she called me back and said her Marill smelled like dust. I think she has a substance addiction.

PFFT! This made me laugh a little loo loudly irl.

Like many others, VERY mad about the Game Corner (exterior of the building doesn't match the inside at all...). I don't WANT to play your repulsive flipping game; just sell me the freaking coins!!

Cobalt_Latios

A few things bug me, here's a list.

*Voltorb Flip. Mostly because I can't just buy some ****ing coins, this thing sucks, I miss the card game.
Once you figure it out, it's actually better than the slots.

*Ho-oh Lugia. Am I mistaken, or could we get Ho-oh/Lugia BEFORE getting all the badges before?
Yes, your correct, we could get Lugia/Ho-oh before all 8 badges. Before, all you needed was either the Silver or Rainbow Wing to access either Tin Tower, or Whirl Islands to see Lugia (mainly because I think it was Mahogany town that allowed you to use Whirlpool outside battle).

However, the additional stuff they added to get Lugia/Ho-oh more than make up for it. I mean, you get some information regarding the Egg that Elm/Mr. Pokemon gave you, and find out something about meeting Lugia/Ho-oh being "fated". Not to mention, the awesome cutscenes involved for summoning the birds. And personally, considering the level it's at, I don't mind waiting an extra gym before catching it (also giving you access to better training grounds to be better prepared).

So, all in all, I don't mind that I now have to have all 8 badges before seeing Lugia/Ho-oh. Especially considering the level difference.

Most of these are just minor things that bug me, the game is still awesome, though nostalgia can be cruel, I guess G/S will always seem just a tiny bit better in the original form.
I'd chalk it up to Nostalgia messing with memory and what's now been established in the franchise. There are some changes, and while most of them are good, the minor little nuances do sort of make sense when you think about it in the right way.

C_L

rimusa

I hated that they altered the original versions' story so that the sinnoh and hoenn storylines go before the HG & SS one

Last edited:

Lol-bot

Prestige
For a Pokemon game, HGSS is good. Still haven't beaten the E4 though, but I enjoyed what I played and probably should beat it (not a ROM).

Also, who the hell uses Tropius and Barboach anyway?

In sappire when I first got the TM Fly Tropius was the only choice. But it still sucks.

Egotism

And I can almost guarantee that none of them are Pokémon games, which require a significant amount of localization.

And I repeat - you're waiting one-sixth the time you normally do. Stop.

I'm sure if you had to wait weeks before Pokemon got released for you you'd get a little bit ****** off.
So don't say that European players don't have the right to complain. They could easily sort out localisation before they released the games anywhere, so I don't see how that would affect the release date..

porkiewpyne

I'm not too crazy about the levels now. I didn't mind them at first but when I got around Mahogany Town and was still battling trainers with lv.16 pokemon it started to bother me, I never paid attention to the levels that much as a kid. Luckily I have Platinum to train my pokemon in instead of training them against the ridiculously low leveled wild pokemon in SS. I miss the VS. Seeker...

Yea same here. Really miss the VS Seeker too. That's what i disliked the most.

And the fact that the Sevii Islands were removed because I really liked them in Fire Red and Leaf Green. I know that they no longer serve any 'purpose' but still it would have been nice to see them in the game.

And another thing, i miss the colour coded stat changes like red specifically being for changes in attack and green for defence and so on. Now it's just red for increase and blue for decrease like in DPPt. Not that big an issue anyway.

Something i would like to see (but it doesn't make me angry even when it is not in this game) is that when a female character speaks, the words are pink and when male character speaks they are blue like it was in FRLG. Man i really miss FRLG. If Nintendo were to make an FRLG remake for the DS I think i would still buy it.

Guess there's nothing else i hate about this game.

Last edited: