• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
Well why would you want Phanpy in Soul Silver? He'd be the only good exclusive in there. Since he's in Heart Gold, you can buy that game and have all the better exclusives in one game.

Cutty

Forever now
I hate the low level wild pokemon in the game (difficult 4 ev training). And the safari zone factor.

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
He might be talking about Wobbuffet. It's hard to make low damage counters kills.

Prisimviere

Not Returned.
I'm annoyed at the Pokemon following you. I wish there's an option which will stop the Pokemon from following you while walking and instead they should like, stay in their Pokeball. Also, I am annoyed at the new menu, which is on the Touch Screen. Maybe I'm still unused to it? (Or maybe this menu thinggy is only at the ROM/Emulator I'm playing with)

Lastly, I mad at the new girl replacing Kris. Hello, just look at Kotone! She looks like a gender bend of Mario just with a hideous hat.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I'm annoyed at the Pokemon following you. I wish there's an option which will stop the Pokemon from following you while walking and instead they should like, stay in their Pokeball. Also, I am annoyed at the new menu, which is on the Touch Screen. Maybe I'm still unused to it? (Or maybe this menu thinggy is only at the ROM/Emulator I'm playing with)

Lastly, I mad at the new girl replacing Kris. Hello, just look at Kotone! She looks like a gender bend of Mario just with a hideous hat.

The Pokemon following you affects you in no way. I'm not singling you out, but I do not understand why people are bothered by this.

I'm curious to know why they removed Kris from the game, but I have no problem with Kotone.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Why they made the girl so ugly.

She's actually my favourite of all the female characters. I think her sprite looks very cute.

I don't see why so many people dislike the idea of having a Pokemon following you. It doesn't slow you down at all (and if you ride your bike, the Pokemon goes back in its pokeball).

Now when I play my other Pokemon games, it seems odd not having my lead Pokemon following me. ^^;

Terry. T.

One and Only...
The fact you can't get that 50% shiny egg.

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
The Pokemon following you affects you in no way. I'm not singling you out, but I do not understand why people are bothered by this.

I'm curious to know why they removed Kris from the game, but I have no problem with Kotone.

I think it's because the anime. They probably didn't want to tie in the characters from chronicles to the main show. Or something along those lines. :p

Ultimate Glalie

I'm a bit annoyed by the fact that Clair and Janine don't have Flygon and Roserade in their respective rematch teams.

Wat.
I wish they made Red a level 100 all trainer. :D
Other than that, nothing, this game looks fantastic.

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
I find the system of the Safari Zone confusing. Also, similar to what Ultimate Glalie said, I am kind of annoyed that neither Lance nor Clair got a Flygon in rematch.

Other than that, I am satisfied of HG/SS.

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
I wish they made Red a level 100 all trainer. :D
Other than that, nothing, this game looks fantastic.

This would happen: Red: "Pikachu, use Volt Tackle!" Gold's Pokemon: Wha... *BOOM* Announcer: "It's over 9000% critical hit! It's Ultra effective!"

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
Everyone saying that HG has better pokemon should put IMO at the end of their comments. I think SS has the better pokemon...IMO.

I am kind of annoyed that neither Lance nor Clair got a Flygon in rematch.

Me too.

pokemaster001

These were supposed to be remakes so why change anything?
because they're remakes....
if you want the same exact game, play the same exact game...
and how could you not like pokemon following you? is it annoying? I would think that it'd be impossible to not like it...

I don't get why people don't like the Pokemon following you option. I got used to it and when I went back to play Pearl, it felt so lonely. D:

There really isn't anything I dislike about these games. The fact that there isn't a Wi-Fi Celebi event is a bit annoying, but I can deal. I have nothing to complain about, really.

Torpoleon

I like everything in HGSS actually. The features and stuff are cool so there isn't really anything for me to get angry/confused over.

Angry:

-Pokemon following you
-Safari Zone factors
-The Phanpy/Teddiursa switch

The latter two are more severe. I don't want to wait 50+ days for a Pokemon to appear and I liked Phanpy in Silver. These were supposed to be remakes so why change anything?
The point of a remake is not to keep every little detail the same.

My annoyances:
- Lack of Leaf
- Reused Frontier Brains
- Gym and Elite 4 rosters. They could have made more upgrades than just Clair
- Red having Lapras and not using a VS banner
- Clair's rematch roster. She should have had Flygon and Altaria instead of Dragonair and Aerodactyl, and Kingdra should have remained her signature Pokemon. Oh, and Whitney should have had Blissey instead of Bibarel.
- Lack of Odd Egg

Those are the main things that come to mind, otherwise the game was very good overall.

The point of a remake is not to keep every little detail the same.

My annoyances:
- Lack of Leaf
- Reused Frontier Brains
- Gym and Elite 4 rosters. They could have made more upgrades than just Clair
- Red having Lapras and not using a VS banner
- Clair's rematch roster. She should have had Flygon and Altaria instead of Dragonair and Aerodactyl, and Kingdra should have remained her signature Pokemon. Oh, and Whitney should have had Blissey instead of Bibarel.
- Lack of Odd Egg

Those are the main things that come to mind, otherwise the game was very good overall.
Oh, yeah. I do agree; they shouldn't have completely ignored Leaf. HGSS are remakes of FRLG and not R/G, after all. They could have made it so that you battle either Red or Leaf in the end depending on the gender you chose. Or they could have at least given her some sort of appearance in the games.