• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Janna

stay sweet
WOBBUFETTT!

but seriously the pokemon in cerulean cave should be higher than this it was in the max of 70 now it pathetic if they kept the levels it would not be hatd to train.

I agree. They beefed up a lot of the Kanto trainers and all the Kanto gyms, but left Cerulean Cave/Mt. Silver the same... it doesn't seem right to run into low 40s-low 50s in those areas. 60s please?

tyranitar90

UP THE IRONS
I am angry that they changed the slots. Also I miss the vs seeker. Joey keeps calling me to talk to me about his rattata. Hes done this like 10 times already!

Qowface

I'm really disappointed that the game corner is just that stupid Voltorb Flip now, I miss the slots and the other game from the original Silver/Gold...and yeah all the random phone calls you get OVER and OVER about things like Joey's Rattata get annoying. I'd prefer people to only call me about relevant stuff like rematches and swarms.

Jasper Kazai

Ice Cold Milk
Along with the music remixes, Lavender Town just does not sound right. The old music made the place seem spooky and it actually scared me a little.
Speaking of Kanto remixes... I think they totally messed up Vermilion City's music. I used to like it, but it was the first remix where I actually had trouble identifying that it was indeed the same song. I don't like it at all.

Qowface

Speaking of Kanto remixes... I think they totally messed up Vermilion City's music. I used to like it, but it was the first remix where I actually had trouble identifying that it was indeed the same song. I don't like it at all.
I like a lot of the remixed songs but a lot of them just can't beat the originals. I have all the originals on my computer :/ (yeah, I'm cool).

Xinkc

Knight of Oblivion
I dislike how you need to put on Sinnoh or Hoenn Sound after EVERY battle. I wouldn't mind it so much if they guaranteed a Sinnoh or Hoenn Pokemon but they don't. As it is now, it's such a hassle to get them through this method that I'll just trade and breed the Pokemon from my Platinum.

Also, about the music...if you don't like it, get the GB player and turn it on. Solves your problem in like 2 seconds.

Charizard4Ever

I am disappointed that the slots and card guessing games were removed and replaced with the voltorb flip game. I'm a little annoyed with the pointless phone calls and having to constantly turn the Hoenn/Sinnoh sound back on. Also, I'm a little confused why the people around the Burned Tower are now saying the tower is going to be rebuilt.

smartie

I hate those useless phonecalls :( . Joey keeps telling me stuff about his Rattata and about beating a Kakuna...

Cain

RAWR
While I like Voltorb Flip a lot more than the slots (I hate slots), I HATE how you can't buy coins anymore! I get why the got rid of slots, but why get rid of the option of buying coins? Grr... I've spent hours trying to get enough coins for an Ice Beam...

Udthon

Pokemaniac
they most probably got rid of buying coins because it doesnt cost coins to play the game. but i still dont like it

Rabidmunchlax

To all of you whining about the phone calls, don't accept the number if they just say they'll call you about anything that happens, or ignore the calls. It's not hard

Rakurai

I find it rather irksome that an aprishake's effects fade if the Pokemon is desposited into the PC. It makes it really wasteful use 30+ apricorns making a good shake when you can essentially only have a max of six Pokemon benefiting from it at any given time.

R_N

Along with the music remixes, Lavender Town just does not sound right. The old music made the place seem spooky and it actually scared me a little.

It's perkier because the town is no longer somber. The tower is now a Radio tower, not a giant crypt devoted to the dead (which was moved underground).
The music simply reflects the change that occurred in 3 years.

But speaking of music, I'm utterly and completely baffled as to why they didn't create a "normal" legendary theme. It's great that the dogs and the main birds got their own, unique themes, and bringing back the Hoenn Titan's music is a great touch.
But not having a theme, even a general theme, for the other 5 legendaries? Even just reusing the general DPt legend theme would have been nice.

ddrt

Seriously... I want Joey to stfu.

In other news: Confusion has changed. It used to be that I could use surf, without fail, while my pokemon was confused. Now Confusion lasts nearly 7 turns (or more) for your pokemon and only 2-5 turns for a wild/trained pokemon. Confusion is completely random and swagger is basically my worst enemy.

Are there any items my pokemon can hold that prevent confusion?

rocky505

Are there any items my pokemon can hold that prevent confusion?
Persim berry, lum berry or you could use the yellow flute as soon as you get confused or you can just use a pokemon with own tempo.

feared one22

i am pretty happy with heartgold just a few complaints...

-you dont get gb music until the end of the game i wish it was an option from the beginning so i could play the full game like my old crystal
-some of the pokemon that follow you just look terrible like gyarrados and mewtwo
-Kanto feels small still
-wild pokemon levels are too low making it hard to train for gym leaders
-it should be easier to rechallenge gym leaders
-My final complaint is that they didn't make the games sooner because those complaints are so small compared to the awesomeness of the game i love comparing it to crystal my favorite alltime pokemon game

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
biggest problem, both training-wise and physics wise.

why is it kanto pokemon max out at about 20, but the trainers all have lvl 40s? no lifers.

iColorfulEevee

Lalalala~✰
Lugia, struggle, 'nuff said.

Also, the low level pokemon is REALLY hard to train up for the gym leaders, then when I train them, all my other pokemon end up not being able to level up to because I'm too focused on the newbie... ;_____;