• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

wulpix

Trainer of vulpix
I really wish they upped the levels of the wild pokemon as you progress through johto, really the only place you can train is just before the Elite, which leaves you severely under-leveled throughout the game.

Selom

S-K-T
The fact that they changed the game corner made me both angry and confused. The new game corner is crap, and I don't understand why Nintendo did it.

BCVM22

and I don't understand why Nintendo did it.

Then you've not thought about it at all. It's really not a difficult decision to decipher and it is a rationale that's been laid out several times in this very thread.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
The Bug Catching Contest...I caught a Scyther........

Lost to a Caterpie.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
The Bug Catching Contest...I caught a Scyther........

Lost to a Caterpie.

The Guy

Generic Charizard
One word.

ZAPDOS. I'm stuck on him at this very moment. I WASTED 35 ULTRA BALLS IN ONE TRY. INSANE.

Takoyaki

I have a few questions and hope somebody can help.

1) Is there an item like the Vs Seeker in HG or SS?

2) Is there a good way to make money in the game, other than the Elite 4 and the 5 or 6 trainers per day?

3) Can you skillfuly get Shiny Pokemon in HG or SS? In Pearl, Platinum and Diamond you can chain for shiny Pokemon.

Deicario

I believe I can fly.

1) Is there an item like the Vs Seeker in HG or SS?

2) Is there a good way to make money in the game, other than the Elite 4 and the 5 or 6 trainers per day?

3) Can you skillfuly get Shiny Pokemon in HG or SS? In Pearl, Platinum and Diamond you can chain for shiny Pokemon.
1) Phone. They call you for rematches.
2) Besides, general gym leaders and etc.
3) Not that I know.
It annoys me that Clair and Lance has so similar teams.

I can answer this question
Go to route 38 or 39 in ss catch a Meowth level up to level 30 it will learn Pay Day which gives you money after every battle when you use this move and if you have a Amulet Coin or Luck Incense item give it to Meowth and you'll earn double the amount of money.
Also every level Meowth goes up the amount of money you earn from Pay Day goes up

Back on topic Joey made me confused why when playing ss the other day Joey rang me for a battle and his Rattata must of evolved in to Raticate because it was the only pokemon he had which i KO it but later on he rang me twice with in an hour to tell me about his Rattata.

char char

Professional Shut-In
I HATE having to keep turning the radio back on. Everytime you enter a new area/cave/city/encounter w/e it switches back to normal music. :mad:

cieux

banned
the lack of the creepy old man outside of celadon gym.

seriously, when i got off the ss anne for the first time, the first thing i did was head to celadon gym and check if the creepy old man was there. he wasn't. ... i was so disappointed...

some other things that annoyed me were red's overworld hair being brown and jasmine's dress not being white. and also, like every one else, the game corner, lack of levels etc.

screamer

got that super bass
Nothing made me angry in the game. The only things that bugged me were minor things like Jasmine's dress and the creeper outside of the Celadon gym (basically what cieux said). I guess if I had to pick one thing it would be that whirlpools don't disappear after using the move on them.

Jasper Kazai

Ice Cold Milk
One word.

ZAPDOS. I'm stuck on him at this very moment. I WASTED 35 ULTRA BALLS IN ONE TRY. INSANE.
Really? Just caught him today, was pretty easy. All I did (besides put him to sleep) was let him use Agility until he couldn't raise his speed anymore and caught him in a Fast Ball.

Karii

♥~Eevee Evolutions~♥
I hate how.. I don't know how to explain it.. So here's an example:
~ Falkner has a lv13 Pidgeotto, but Pidgey doesn't evolve until lv18.
~ Morty has a lv21 && lv23, but Gastly doesn't evolve until lv25.
~ Pryce has a lv32 Dewgong, but Seel doesn't evolve until lv34.
&& there's probably more with other Gym Leaders && random traners.

I also hate how they either made the Gym Leaders easier, like Whitney, or they just spammed one move; like for me, Falkner only used Sand Attack for his Pidgey or Guest for Pidgeotto.

Tf5174

You can find wild pidgeotto in HG/SS that are under 18.

hitoshura0

I hate how.. I don't know how to explain it.. So here's an example:
~ Falkner has a lv13 Pidgeotto, but Pidgey doesn't evolve until lv18.
~ Morty has a lv21 && lv23, but Gastly doesn't evolve until lv25.
~ Pryce has a lv32 Dewgong, but Seel doesn't evolve until lv34.
&& there's probably more with other Gym Leaders && random traners.

I also hate how they either made the Gym Leaders easier, like Whitney, or they just spammed one move; like for me, Falkner only used Sand Attack for his Pidgey or Guest for Pidgeotto.

For Falkner's Pidgeotto, it's a Viridian Forest one, caught at lvl 7, and the Morty Haunters are from the Safari Zoe or Route 8.Pryce's Dewgong and the Lance Dragonites, well Lance doesn't really have a problem for using the AR to begin with.