• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Karii

♥~Eevee Evolutions~♥
For Falkner's Pidgeotto, it's a Viridian Forest one, caught at lvl 7, and the Morty Haunters are from the Safari Zoe or Route 8.Pryce's Dewgong and the Lance Dragonites, well Lance doesn't really have a problem for using the AR to begin with.

I mean, yeah you can catch them at a lower level, but WAY LATER in the game.
It's just kinda annoying. I mean, I didn't have any problem with them. Except the Pidgeotto with my Chikorita. But of course I had an issue with that when the only thing that it'd ever use is Gust && I always had a critical hit on me. >-< But when I did it with Totodile && Cyndaquil, it was "a cakewalk". I believe is what the stupid little Ratatta boy says..

halfwheat

a winrar is me
How can anyone dislike the Pokemon following you? At ALL? That's completely ridiculous to me. Also, I don't understand how the new Safari Zone is confusing. It seems pretty straightforward.

Crystal was my favorite female protagonist. Lyra is my least favorite. Enough said... =(

No. 1 Machop Fan

The removal of the slots. Do people even play the slots? I don't. I just buy all the coins I need and then go straight to the prize exchange, completely ignoring those machines.

CaptainAwesome

RAWR COOKIES!!!!!!!!
only thing is that they packed so much in this game that my brain overloads and plus the fact that they made it possible to catch 14+ legendaries and still just one masterball.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
only thing is that they packed so much in this game that my brain overloads and plus the fact that they made it possible to catch 14+ legendaries and still just one masterball.

I don't see how you find a children's game to be complicated. Also, I hope you're aware that you are in fact not required to catch these legendaries. Furthermore, it's still very, very possible to catch legendary Pokemon without a Master Ball; I've been catching legendaries without Master Balls since R/B/Y.

SneaselClaw

The only thing that makes me mad is the same thing that always makes me mad about the games. The event only Pokemon are impossible for me to get, there just aren't enough places in the UK to get them, and I can't justify taking time off work to travel to these places to get what is essentially a snippit of gaming code

Amonitas

They ****ed up Mt. Silver, I didn't like it, at all.

Lord_Kain

Just call me Kain
the lack of a real game corner

Jibakushin

Grass pokemon Master
I hate how Ethan/Lyra always call saying that their Marill evolved. Whenever I go to their house, I see it didn't evolve into a Azumarill.

Last edited:

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
I've found that you don't even need to weaken them to capture them.

I caught a Pinsir without attacking it and won the contest.

Same with Beautifly.
No I mean I caught a Scyther for the Contest.

And the guy who won had a Caterpie.

I mean seriously, that's retarded.

Janna

stay sweet
So ticked off that we need to use HM moves to get to Red. Either I deposit one of my party members (keep in mind all six were trained) for a useless HM slave, or erase a good move for Rock Climb! Oh boy!

No I mean I caught a Scyther for the Contest.

And the guy who won had a Caterpie.

I mean seriously, that's retarded.

The person who wins the bug catching contest is the one who caught a Pokemon with the most HP remaining. Don't bother catching Scythers/Pinsirs/etc, just find the highest level you can and give them a status, then toss balls.

Last edited:

Lord_Kain

Just call me Kain
^^^
is that how it works? ill have to keep that in mind.

rock climb is actually a good attack. power of i think 80, chance to confuse. why dont you want it?

No. 1 Machop Fan

I've been playing for over 12 hours and I haven't been asked for a battle. Also, only once has someone on my call list given me something (and that something was only a berry). Is it normal to take so long?

Udthon

Pokemaniac
I've been playing for over 12 hours and I haven't been asked for a battle. Also, only once has someone on my call list given me something (and that something was only a berry). Is it normal to take so long?

Yes it is. I didn't get any calls until I obtained the seventh badge. If you look through older posts you can see that other people said the same thing

Kweh-chan

There really isn't anything I hate about this game. In fact, I'm totally impressed by it; no pun intended, but they've truly put their heart and soul into it. It makes up for DPPt (none of which really sat well with me) ten-fold. After Ruby and Crystal, it's, by far, my favourite of the mainstream games. They've done a super job of preserving the original GSC.

I suppose the only things that either miff or perplex me is the appearance of Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemon (it's more Sinnoh than Hoenn that bugs me, but that's probably because I don't like Sinnoh as much) and the fact that Kris has been replaced. It might also have been nice to have some sort of VS detector like in RSE so you could tell when trainers want to battle, other than just a random phonecall.