• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
I know they have been said but;
-Lack of an odd egg
-Reused battle frontier
-Phanphy/Teddiursa switch.

Hopefully for the last one they switch back like they did in the originals

Lugion

I'm angry the battle frontier is the same one from Platinum.
But, if it wasn't, you couldn't play with your friends who have Platinum. Besides, not everyone bought Platinum, so they'd be missing out.

FireFalcon

hear 'm roar
I only mind the lack of a VS seeker, that thing was pretty usefull. The rest of the game is top notch.

I know they have been said but;
-Lack of an odd egg
-Reused battle frontier
-Phanphy/Teddiursa switch.

Hopefully for the last one they switch back like they did in the originals

It was like this in the original japanese gold and silver. but they switched it for the american and european release.

Lugion

The only thing about HG/SS I was disappointed about was the exclusion of the Odd Egg. The Celebi thing wasn't that important to me, and neither was the Battle Frontier.

angry: phany in heartgold as well as some other good pokemon i liked
im getin soul

Last edited:
I can understand why, but the quesiton is: Would making a completely new BF for a HG/SS even be necessary?

Personally, I could care less of the fact that they reused the BF in Platinum in HG/SS.
Same here. I never bought Platinum, so if by some chance I decide to go to the Battle Frontier, it would be a new experience for me.

Omastar ftw!

That made me think of something; It'd be cool if it was unlimited to how many Poke's follow you. I'd love to have 6 shinies follow me. But I'm not unhappy about it though. I just think it'd be cool.

Have six shiny steelix...lol.

I am kinda ****** of how all the japanese teams on PBR wifi have hgss moves...;194;

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I'm not really angry at anything, seeing as the game isn't out in the US yet. The only thing that really annoys me is how stupid the fans are. They pretty much wanted a G/S/C remake to the point that they use ambiguous 'clues' to hold out hope for one, but when it is revealed and people learn more about the content, they complain about the most minor of updates, the most retarded being the complaints about the grass being changed (which I would be much obliged if someone linked me to such a post, seeing as I haven't personally seen one) seeing as it proves how unnecessarily cynical a lot of the fans are (that doesn't make any of the other complaints anymore deserved, since people should stop whining about Pokemon following them and deal with it) even before the game is released and that anyone that has complained about that is a moron without justification.

tl;dr I hate how a lot of people complained so much about a game they wanted and then many of those same people went as far as to bitch about subtle aesthetic details when info is released.

But if I had to say what confused me, I'd would have to say the unchanged rosters of gym leaders (why would Bugsy have cocoon Pokemon) but the rematches somewhat make up for that, how it's unnecessarily complicated to rematch Gym Leaders (or anyone in general) because you have to get their number on a certain date, call them on a different date, and then rematch them, and the Hoenn/Sinnoh Sounds, which seem to be more annoying and less practical than the PokeDar.

Other than that, I think that HG/SS will be a pretty good game once I get it.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
I am annoyed with people bashing about pokemon following you. I think it is great!

But I think the version exclusives are better in SS but that is just me. But there are some in HG that I want like Growlithe/Arcanine and Kyogre. But I can always get Growlithe from my sister because she is going to get HG and I'll get SS. And we will just exchange Kyogre and Groudon.

I pretty much like all about the games!!!

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Eh, the fact that the Battle Frontier is the same as the one in Platinum is kind of annoying and makes very little sense to me. I wouldn't mind it if it was the same but with different Brains (maybe have Agatha, Lorelei, and Giovanni be Brains, along with two other random characters, perhaps?).

I kind of also wish that they'd made the whole 'pokemon following you' thing optional.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Eh, the fact that the Battle Frontier is the same as the one in Platinum is kind of annoying and makes very little sense to me. I wouldn't mind it if it was the same but with different Brains (maybe have Agatha, Lorelei, and Giovanni be Brains, along with two other random characters, perhaps?).

I kind of also wish that they'd made the whole 'pokemon following you' thing optional.

Why give an option for something that doesn't affect the game in any way?
I hate how all of my favorites are in soulsilver and one of my most favorite is in heartgold. Namely, Latias.

Due to the Enigma Crystal event you can get both.