• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

hitoshura0

Thats not fair how they dont have a pokeradar in the game. I was playing Heartgold just right now and I was trying to find a plusle (I have the national dex). Ive seen it and I went to check the pokedex where it is. I was in route 33 and it did say it could be found in that same route cause i was flashing. I looked and looked in the grass and i kept finding zubats and pidgeys. Itd probably be easier to find with a pokeradar.

Hoenn sound only. It's findable on Wednesdays.

ArceusBlitz

Hydreigon FTW!!!!!!!
Something that confused me is when I went to the Dragon's den, after beating the 8th gym, I talked to the Dragon master, and answered his questions. I had an empty spot in my Poke-Party, and I didn't recieve a Dratini, or even hear anything from him about getting one. Why is this?

I do know how to get a dratini cause I have one. You fish in the water in Dragons Den.

Dragon Master Fiona

Dragon Master
Something that confused me is when I went to the Dragon's den, after beating the 8th gym, I talked to the Dragon master, and answered his questions. I had an empty spot in my Poke-Party, and I didn't recieve a Dratini, or even hear anything from him about getting one. Why is this?
Did you leave the Dragon's Den and talk to Clair? When you do that you'll get the Dratini you seek.

Drako

Darkness Eternal
I'm upset that there ain't that many places to Ev train as opposed to DPPt. That blows.

Udthon

Pokemaniac
Just remembered another thing that i haven't seen mentioned yet. Didn't the nurse Joy in Fuschia city have green hair? I'm pretty sure she did. I miss that :(

Udthon

Pokemaniac
It may have just been a glitch in my game. But i clearly remember that that exact nurse Joy had green hair and now she doesnt. unfortunately i can't check because my game's battery life is gone

xsedr

The Moral Aethiest
One thing that makes me angry is the fact that should you choose cyndaquil there is no trainer in the game that has chikorita or its evolutions so i can't get on over the gts. If I'm wrong please correct me

Maru

Iron Maiden ~
It may have just been a glitch in my game. But i clearly remember that that exact nurse Joy had green hair and now she doesnt. unfortunately i can't check because my game's battery life is gone

That's right, I noticed that, too! It's not a glitch in your game, I've played Gold, silver and crystal thousand of times. She should has green hair :'(

PikaShoo

The thing that bugs me the most...Happiness rates. I Just evolved my Evee into Espeon after 2 weeks of work...but I wanted Umbreon T_T

Acherus

The thing that bugs me the most...Happiness rates. I Just evolved my Evee into Espeon after 2 weeks of work...but I wanted Umbreon T_T

Shouldn't have been levelling eevee during the day :p Or you couldve given it an everstone until it had high happiness then levelled it at night.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
One thing that makes me angry is the fact that should you choose cyndaquil there is no trainer in the game that has chikorita or its evolutions so i can't get on over the gts. If I'm wrong please correct me

I chose Totodile and there doesn't seem to be any trainer with Cyndaquil and its evolutions. Either way, you could just get one from a trade.

KentaZX

the only thing that bugs me is the fact how you need to have HG kyogre (ONLY that kind) and groudon (SS ONLY) to get rayquaza. really i could just use the one in platinum or sapphire or just hack a blue orb/crimson orb with pokesav , but no it wont work, just have to go find someone who plays HG just to get or borrow it. thats kinda annoying in my opinion.

BCVM22

really i could just use the one in platinum or sapphire

If you have one or both of those games, don't you already have access to a/multiple Rayquaza?

or just hack a blue orb/crimson orb with pokesav , but no it wont work

Hacking is not a viable solution to anything.

With that aside, it's been stated explicitly at every possible opportunity since the franchise debuted that, if you want every single thing the game has to offer, you will be forced to trade, either with your own second copy or another gamer. I don't think you can still be "annoyed" by this 12-14 years later.

R_N

I'm utterly bedaffled at how no trainer in the game has any of the Johto starters (Rival aside).
3rd, 4th gen, sure ok I can see that.

But not one Johto. Tons of Kanto, though.

Bedaffled

Acherus

I'm utterly bedaffled at how no trainer in the game has any of the Johto starters (Rival aside).
3rd, 4th gen, sure ok I can see that.

But not one Johto. Tons of Kanto, though.

Bedaffled

Is bedaffled even a word?! Anyway, when you talk to Professor Elm, (in gold and silver at least, actually not sure about hg and ss :/) he will tell you that he has recently caught the three starters, implying that they are pretty much the first of their kind to be discovered... or something like that. Basically, they are rare pokemon.

The starters have always been considered rare pokemon in terms of you cant find them in the wild at all.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Is bedaffled even a word?! Anyway, when you talk to Professor Elm, (in gold and silver at least, actually not sure about hg and ss :/) he will tell you that he has recently caught the three starters, implying that they are pretty much the first of their kind to be discovered... or something like that. Basically, they are rare pokemon.

The starters have always been considered rare pokemon in terms of you cant find them in the wild at all.

I'm assuming that Snowyarticuno is talking about Pokedex completion not rarity.

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
~The fact that Lance's Dragonite uses Hyper Beam on people.
~The fact that Lance now has a Dragonite at Level 40.
~Bugsy's tan.

Argh, I've forgotten all the other annoying things. There were so many!

Acherus

I'm assuming that Snowyarticuno is talking about Pokedex completion not rarity.

Well in that case, they assume you can trade I suppose. Same reason they have two versions of what is practically the same game and version exclusives.