• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
So glad the old Menu music was remixed, but I AM ANGRY THAT IT ONLY PLAYS ONCE.

THIS. And I was kinda hoping for a remixed version of the original intro a la FireRed/LeafGreen.

That and the fact that so many of the trainers in the game are hackers. I mean, a Lv.40 Dragonite? A Lv.11 Pidgeotto? I found a LEVEL-FREAKING-9 NOCTOWL in the wild. What. The. Hell.

Granted, it didn't "ruin" my experience or anything, but as someone who loves continuity, it still drives me up the damn WALL.

Oh, and I wasn't the only one totally underleveled? That's nice to know, I thought I just had mad skillz that allowed me to win more easily until I got to the Elite Four and got pwned.

And I had no problems with the pervy guy at Celdon...I just thought he was using "STRONG TRAINERS" as a euphemism. xD

Last edited:

Cuthrout

the only problem with the game i found was it was too easy to get all 16 badges the first time. I only used my starter amphros and lugia for most of the game, then brought 2 gyrados's to help intimidate down lance's dragons, so i think i was a bit too easy first time around and by the second time around you have fairly high pokemon who can also re-battle all the gyms with ease, apart from that good game :)

Dragoniteftw

SWAGONITE
WHY DID THEY TAKE OUT THE VS SEEKER, leveling up in the wild is harder than dogding through swinging axes that are on fire!

The fact that you have to go through this dumb procedure with you pokewalker if you want to start a new game that you can save progress on. I eventually figured out how, but it required a pc pokemon so you can connect to the pokewalker, which you had to do the dumb Mr. Pokemon thing to get the pokeballs to catch a pokemon so I can store one in my pc. I had to do that twice (long story why), and it was annoying as heck.

M0TTO

Shiny Hunter
One thing that really bugs me is the fact that trainers with moves that have the lowest accuracy ever always hit. I've especially noticed this with trainers who have Pokemon with Thunder.

M0TTO

Shiny Hunter
You do realize that Thunder is still going to hit 70% - a strong majority - of the time, right?

True, but I really don't expect it to be hitting more often than a move at 85% accuracy. I could recall plenty of battles with my Typhlosion up against a Pokemon with Thunder and missing 2 out of 3 Fire Blasts and the opponent hitting with Thunder each time. Maybe its just my luck.

Udthon

Pokemaniac
i hate how while going through the game you dont see all of the start off pokemon. Trying to get a Cydaquil is too hard because it is not listed in the GTS for me :(

Firebrand

Indomitable
Not a big fan of the battle hall just saying. I also dislike how you can only gain one level in the pokewalker. 18547 steps damn it, and ONLY ONE LEVEL?! I don't think so.
I like the new opening, and I like the following you feature, but the messages get repitive before too long.
Also, I breezed through the game until I got to Lance, where he pwned me. Like, I got through the rest of the Elite Four almost completely unscathed, and then BOOM! Lance kos all of my team.

centipede2000

I had a fit of rage when I realized that the Day Care people deleted Fly off of my Flying Pikachu. ;_; and then I went to the move re-learner and couldn't have it relearned. D:

Same thing happened to me except that it was a surfing pikachu instead. Man I was angry!

Dragoniteftw

SWAGONITE
another thing made me angry today, the game corner.

its just stupid how they actually think im gunna spend like 2 weeks of my life trying to get 10,000 coins from that stupid voltorb game to get one TM

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
That and the fact that so many of the trainers in the game are hackers. I mean, a Lv.40 Dragonite? A Lv.11 Pidgeotto? I found a LEVEL-FREAKING-9 NOCTOWL in the wild. What. The. Hell.

Granted, it didn't "ruin" my experience or anything, but as someone who loves continuity, it still drives me up the damn WALL.

G/S/C, the originals, also features A LOT of underleveled Pokemon.
In fact, one of my hobby back then in G/S/C era is collecting all the underleveled Pokemon you can get in G/S/C.

anyway, what makes me angry in HG/SS is the same as a lot of people - the ridiculous minesweeper-loookalike game. It's even harder than the actual minesweeper game :rolleyes:

yoursavior

Calm Mind
another thing made me angry today, the game corner.

its just stupid how they actually think im gunna spend like 2 weeks of my life trying to get 10,000 coins from that stupid voltorb game to get one TM

It took me less than an hour to get that many. I actually like it a lot more than the slots, which I could never win lol. I just bought coins, but Voltorb Toss is a lot faster and cheaper.

The only thing I really dislike is the removal of the Vs. Seeker and the arduous process of getting rematches with the gym leaders. It shouldn't be this difficult to grind :/.

Dragoniteftw

SWAGONITE
It took me less than an hour to get that many. I actually like it a lot more than the slots, which I could never win lol. I just bought coins, but Voltorb Toss is a lot faster and cheaper.

really? i must just really suck then

what i meant is i prefere being able to buy coins rather than earn them, i dont got no time to gamble my riches ;P