• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
game corner irks me greatly, and so does the one heart scale per day limit at the pokeathlon.

umbreon4ever

Dark Trainer
Only problem they give you the GB player at the end of the game. Why not at the beginning?

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
^Because the GB play is a reward that makes you work to get it.

The game isn't too fun if all you do is run around Elm's lab listening to it, is it?

jjag20

i dont understand the new safari zone mechanics at all
people calling me 247 on the pokegear sucks
can't delete numbers off pokegear
and of course my favorite you have to chase the gym leaders just to battle them

BCVM22

and of course my favorite you have to chase the gym leaders just to battle them

They appear in the same place at the same time every week and you only have to find them once. Calling that "chasing" is an exaggeration.

hitoshura0

game corner irks me greatly, and so does the one heart scale per day limit at the pokeathlon.

You know there are far easier and far faster ways of amassing Heart Scales, such as:
1) Rock Smash pretty much anywhere.
2) High level Pickup guys crap them out.
3) Steal them from Luvdisc when they swarm.

BCVM22

Also how hard it is to earn money and gain exp. after beating the game.

Rival battles on Monday and Wednesday
Gym Leader rematches, unlimited within their respective time periods
Unlimited Elite Four rematches
Unlimited Red battles

Throw an Amulet Coin in there and you have money coming out your ears; battle through the Elite Four and Red with a money-increasing item equipped and you'll eventually net over 30,000 by the end. Put the right Pokémon in the right matchup and you have no shortage of EXP, particularly in the Gym Leader rematches, where the right matchup can yield a raise of two or even three levels in one sitting if you keep going back enough times.

It's no harder to rack up EXP and money in this game than in any other. Heaven forbid they make you work for it a bit.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
I hate that you have to wait for days to get your items
leveled up in the Safari Zone...

And the Voltorb Flip game is nearly impossible for me,
so that really pi**es me off.

ZachAttackk

curselax pwn
Rival battles on Monday and Wednesday
Gym Leader rematches, unlimited within their respective time periods
Unlimited Elite Four rematches
Unlimited Red battles

rival battles?

oakbark

Elite Four Novice
I hate the fact that all the Kanto pokemon are at RBY levels, and lower in some cases (Cerulean Cave???).

Seriously, how am I meant to train pokemon if I'm encountering Level 3 Rattata and Pidgey?

ZachAttackk

curselax pwn
After you and your rival have teamed up against Lance and Clair in the Dragon's Den, your rival will challenge you in the Indigo Plateau every Monday and Wednesday.

ohhh good call

Mew_Myuu

Rikudou Sennin
I thought it was a really awesome game, true to the originals but with loads of new stuff etc.

The only thing that annoys me is how stupidly difficult it is to train, seeing as the vs seeker is gone *cries* and you have to phone the gym leaders on certain days for rematches. I have to admit I resorted to trading my team to platinum and training them there more than once, and I don't regret it because it probably saved me about a day's worth of leveling up.

bookist

My mIN Irk was the game cornor. Seriously, voltorb flip?

SapphireGeno

Silver forever <3
Wasted all my Ultra Balls on Ho-Oh.
Threw my first Pokeball and it gets caught.
But, that's just probability.
One thing that really irks me is lower levelled Pokemon in Kanto.

Last edited:

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
There is no vs.seeker in HG/SS. That's really making me angry, because the hole training process is much slower than in D/P/Pt... also the new way to get a Heart Scale is much harder than in D/P/Pt.. that is not so nice:(

Things that irritate me:
~ Pointless PokéGear calls
~ Inability to delete PokéGear numbers
~ Having to use Battle Points to pay for the HGSS tutor moves (contrary to Platinum's payments)
~ The inability to catch Rayquaza without the HG Kyogre or SS Groudon (depending on the version you're playing)
~ Training (at times; I personally use the Lucky Egg to speed things up slightly)

Things that confuse me:
~ The best places to EV train
~ How to get your Smeargle to Sketch moves

I think that's about it.

Wartortle90

Salamence ISNT Uber
so when i try downloading my battle videos to gts, it says theres something wrong with my pokemon...and the video wont send. even if i change my entire team. it wont let me. this is on my ss, so i traded a team that didnt work on ss, to hg and it worked fine....anyone? all are legit by the way