1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Dan The Poke Man, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Wartortle90

Wartortle90 Salamence ISNT Uber

so when i try downloading my battle videos to gts, it says theres something wrong with my pokemon...and the video wont send. even if i change my entire team. it wont let me. this is on my ss, so i traded a team that didnt work on ss, to hg and it worked fine....anyone? all are legit by the way

2. Cherry!!

Cherry!! Member

If your pokemon are really legit the video will be uploaded, take note that links between pokemons hidden values (such as IV's and the PID) are taken in to account when uploading a video.
    This happens for your opponents pokemon also.

3. flygonabsol99

flygonabsol99 Well-Known Member

Im angry because
    no vs. seeker
    no poke radar
    low level pokemon
    not having the ability to buy game corner coins
    annoying random phone calls
    And it's the last one that annoys me the most

4. Marbi Z

Marbi Z Lop-And-Bunny!!!

Did you get stuck in Ericka`s gym?

I`ll never forget when I got lost in The gym leader Ericka`s gym on the way out. I thought it was a game flaw and that one of the trainers was blocking the way but I found my way out after a couple hours but it was so frustrating...

5. blaze boy

blaze boy Aka SamuraiDon

Having to use rock climb to get to red. why Game freak

6. Wartortle90

does anything on his team even have rock climb? id just fly up lol.

and flygon absol, i agree entirely
    and adding to that game corner bit. voltorb flip blows. i miss slots

i have the full phonebook on ss, so i never answer anymore. so when i went through HG i say no to everybody who asks. STOP CALLING ME! agh

furthermore, red gyrados. that was in the original i know, as part of the storyline, but mainly to introduce shinies, however theyve ruined it, because its more commonly used than the normally gyradoos. I caught a shiny gyrados, NOT in the lake of rage, and its worthless because of that.

and i know peopled abuse the pokewalker even more , but this 1 lv at a time thing is crap

7. Wartortle90

does anything on his team even have rock climb? id just fly up lol.

and flygon absol, i agree entirely
    and adding to that game corner bit. voltorb flip blows. i miss slots

i have the full phonebook on ss, so i never answer anymore. so when i went through HG i say no to everybody who asks. STOP CALLING ME! agh

furthermore, red gyrados. that was in the original i know, as part of the storyline, but mainly to introduce shinies, however theyve ruined it, because its more commonly used than the normally gyradoos. I caught a shiny gyrados, NOT in the lake of rage, and its worthless because of that.

and i know peopled abuse the pokewalker even more , but this 1 lv at a time thing is crap

8. Legendary Charizard

Legendary Charizard Fire Master

I'm very happy with the game. It is easily my favorite pokemon game to date. My favorite part about the game is having one of your pokemon follow you, and I hope Black and White have the same feature. The day/night cycle in the game is great and I love how you can get most of the legendaries and starters too. The only thing I don't like is when you encounter the legendary dogs for the first time, in the burned tower, the natures and IVs for Raikou and Entei are predetermmined and you can't SR like you could in Diamond and Pearl (with their roaming legendaries).

9. Dan The Poke Man

Dan The Poke Man MEGAMEGAMEGA

^They're not gonna have the feature, if they were going to have it, it would've been announced already.

10. WarriorX

WarriorX Active Member

1. Pokégear calls
    2. Farfetch'd puzzle
    3. NO VS. SEEKER...
    4. Unobtainable pokémon

11. -Hayward-

-Hayward- Ronin Harrier

I agree with all those who said:

"No Vs. Seeker" and "not enough experience." As for the Pokegear, like many others have said, I just don't register anyone's number...

12. Skwog

Skwog PurpleHaze

The way the safari zone works kind of irritates me. And how they got rid of the ability to buy coins. Now I have to camp and play some dumb Voltorb game for hours on end -.-

13. Kyukon_Mars

Kyukon_Mars Well-Known Member

-The fact you have to call trainers/gym leaders at particular times for rematches is annoying and makes it harder to train.

-The calls from Ethan/Lyra and the mother are annoying but at least you don't have to answer them.

-The Voltorb game taking the places of the game corner, because the game gets old very quickly and it's harder to earn coins. Also the fact that you can't buy coins like others have mentioned.

-Having to fly to Victory Road/Indigo Plateau to go between Kanto and Johto.

-The way the GTS system works, since you can only search for Pokemon you have obtained/seen. And most people ask for level 100s or legendaries, which is unreasonable in most cases.

14. Dan The Poke Man

^The GTS has always been like that, iirc.

15. Kyukon_Mars

Kyukon_Mars Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was hoping they'd fix that, but no. :/ Maybe in the 5th generation.

16. WynautQueen

WynautQueen Pokemon Caretaker

Yeah... mostly, the lack of PokeRadar, but HGSS are good enough that it's negligible.

17. Dan The Poke Man

Probably not. Too easy to fill the dex with data.

18. SpaceExplorer

SpaceExplorer Member

I really, really hate that I can't delete numbers from my pokegear! I got thousand of spamming calls from Joey bragging about his super cool Rattata and from Camper Todd thinking that his Phsyduck looks like him!! I wish I could just delete them.. :-S
    Oh, and that I can only ask/find only pokemons I seen in GTS...
    And that breeding shinies doesn't work anymore.
    And I'd really love if you could customize your player! Choose clothes,hair,eyes...That would be so neat!!! :)
    Otherwise, I think I love HGSS!

19. Dan The Poke Man

You can breed any Pokemon... shiny or not...

20. SpaceExplorer

SpaceExplorer Member

Yeah if course, I know! I meant that in the old generation G/S/C, there was a higher chance to get a shinie if one of the parents was, Sorry, not correct phrazing :)