• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
battle tower is so cheap heres to cheap battles
scizor vs. sharpedo(paralyzed)
quick claw activates
foe uses surf
brick break
50o/o left
quick claw activates
foe uses double team(can he even learn that)
brick break misses
quick claw activates
foe uses surf
scizor 1 hp left
use brick break misses
foe uses surf
sharpedo wins
how does that happen?!?!?!?!?
he never gets paralyzed
but quick claw activates 3 times in a row

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
The waiting times for the Safari Zone.
SERIOUSLY? You SERIOUSLY just made me wait forever to get Riolu and others? :mad: Also, why are the legendaries so hard to catch? I could catch Dialga using about 5 regular Pokeballs and now some level 50s FAINT before I can catch them with an ULTRA BALL!! What?!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Dialga's (and Palkia's) catch rate is somewhere around 30 (Reshiram & Zekrom is even higher, 45) so it's only natural that they are easy to catch. The other legends tends to have only 3 for their catch rate.

One thing I hate : Game Freak didn't do anything to make it easier to know which trainers today (and at what time) can have rematches with you.

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
agreed

I really like the bag on the bottom, I think it's easier and stops the top screen from being so cluttered when you call up the start menu.

Yeah, i much prefer it down the bottom than up the top..

Chimecho3000

That damn hurdle jump course and pennant capture!!!!
The better my jumpers, the more likely they land on the next hurdle and get held up for a bit. The faster they run, the more likely that I have to make all three of them jump at the same time and that two of them both need to jump the second they hit the ground again. I keep getting any where from 82 to 84 seconds. All I need it ONE time of 80.0 or less people!

Haha yeah exactly. It's frustrating, but you'll get there. It's a good thing it's the first course of the Speed course, so you can SR until you do it right. That's what I did, and I eventually got 79.9 seconds...just made it!

ArcanineShrine014029

Yeah, and even though you're the owner, you still have to wait months - months for the Pokemon you want. Or 20 days. Whatever, just let me set up some items and catch a Pokemon! Seriously.

Cobalt_Latios

getting blue/gary's number made me angry. it was too tedious to just get a number.
Try having the patience to do so after tweaking the clock, and pretty much screwing yourself over until it properly reset itself. Time consuming and quite pointless. Finally got it though.

Now, I'm pretty sure it's been stated a few times that when you double battle against Lance/Claire, your rival has a tendency to do nothing useful and is pretty much cannon fodder. Okay, expecting that, I figured I'd try my best to take out Lance asap... which didn't happen.

Both Claire and Lance pretty much focused their attacks on me, and Silver took out Claire, and Lance's Charizard. While paralyzed, and in the yellow. At level 60. With Feraligatr. Me? Claire took out Latios in 2 hits, Froze Lugia, while she was defrosted on the turn she got frozen by my Silver.

I know the computer is supposed to be cheap... but that was wrong on so many levels. It seems the only thing capable of taking on a cheap computer... is another cheap computer. I'm at least glad Lance wasn't cheap enough to spam Dragon Rush. That would have been annoying.

The waiting times for the Safari Zone.
SERIOUSLY? You SERIOUSLY just made me wait forever to get Riolu and others? :mad: Also, why are the legendaries so hard to catch? I could catch Dialga using about 5 regular Pokeballs and now some level 50s FAINT before I can catch them with an ULTRA BALL!! What?!
This to infinite. Attempt to catch the roamers? Not so bad. Paralyzed plus enough quick balls, + their PP is refresh each time.

EVENT ENIGMA STONE LATIAS. OMFG. I probably should have False Swiped her, but oh well. I eventually got fed up and used the Master Ball on her.

Hoping to Arceus that Mewtwo doesn't frustrate me this much. Hell, Articuno and Zapdo were nowhere near this annoying. I actually got lucky with Articuno. Moltres was always a pain in Fire Red, so I'm not going to be too annoyed with that.

Seriously GF, event capture rates... WTF? Are you purposely forcing me to use Master Ball?

Upon retrospect, I think I may consider picking up some Timer Balls...

C_L

Last edited:

Miss-Bashful

11 dayyyssss~!
The two things I hate about HeartGold/SoulSilver:
1) The PC system. I don't know, it just seems more... time consuming than before. D; I liked the one in Diamond and Pearl better.
2) The GameCorner game! Dx Maybe I'm just dumb but I could spend hours playing it and have no progress. XD It's the sole reason why I can no longer stand the sight of Voltorb. Anyway, I miss the old Slot Machines or whatever. :c

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Are you certain you're using the system properly? The use of the touch screen makes it worlds easier.

While I definitely prefer the touch screen interface of HGSS's boxes, the removal of the ability to mass-select/move Pokemon around really annoyed me.

So... I'm rather conflicted on the matter. =d

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Probably the fact that you can't have large pokemon follow you in buildings. If Steelix can already battle inside a gym, shouldn't he also be able to follow you around? Low levels get a little frustrating as well. Especially around the e4

Shiny_Lugia

Shiny Hunter
what I don't get is the bug catching contest, caught high level pinsir or scyther every time and I've never won. Think I made 3rd one time.

Did you weaken the pokemon? You have a higher chance of winning the contest if you don't weaken the bug pokemon's hp. I win all the time after I figured thi out.

On topic: I really hate the wait for the Safari Zone. x_x

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I hate the very weak wild pokemon. It makes it so difficult to level up your pokemon.

Probably the fact that you can't have large pokemon follow you in buildings. If Steelix can already battle inside a gym, shouldn't he also be able to follow you around? Low levels get a little frustrating as well. Especially around the e4

at least your pokes can follow you

Krizor

Evil Genius
There were a few things I didn't like, but I really hated the absence of the Vs. Seeker.

I didn't really like the PC Box system, the Pokedex, the Safari Zone, or the Pokegear calls. But nothing was worse than not having the Vs. Seeker because all the Wild Pokemon are very weak compared to other games in the series, and having it would have made training a whole lot easier.

The one thing I was confused about was why they decided to change Karen's famous quote.

GSC - "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. I like your style. You understand what's important. Go on--the Champion is waiting."

HGSS - "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best. I like your style. You understand what's important. Go on--the Champion is waiting."

What was honestly the point of changing it?