• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
I don't like that in Johto Safari Zone I have to wait 40 days for a Spheal. It's a joke. I want my Lv. 45 Spheal already!
I agree with you man. The waiting times are ridicolous. Has anyone actually waited 70 + days for a Safari Zone Pokémon? Someone probably has, but not many :p
edit: thank you for noticing :p I'll update my signature asap

Last edited:

Ravenous14

Elite Trainer
not too fussed on safari zone, just Pal Park it, I do agree with Yuzke though, you either restlessly train at Mt. Silver, complete the Elite Four several hundred times or battle the gym leaders again, it was flawed, but I think Game Freak probably wanted to stick to the original Gold/Silver/Crystal experience as all

where'd you get 497 in your Pokedex from HeadOverHeels? pretty sure it's a 493 limit? lol

Faraway_Mew

Mew, mew... mew?
I'm happy about these games. I think it's unfair that all the better Pokemon are in HG so I'm pretty sure of which one is going to sell more.

not necessary. Interestingly, SoulSilver was ranked 3rd here while Heartgold was ranked fifth =.=

I HATE THE FEMALE's DESIGN >.< Can't get over it ...

Thundercat2

I'm not mad, just confused. Why can water pokemon like Goldeen, fallow you around on LAND??? It weirds me out. I wish they would have put more thought into something like that. You shouldn't be able to use water type pokemon unless there's a body of water nearby or they are anphibous like Polidtoad.

Why do our pokemon turn into purple blobs when they use HM moves like Surf, Fly and Rock Climb on the field?

Loosing a battle in the games are pretty strange too.
How the heck can you rush your pokemon to a Poke Center if you pass out???? And why do you end up in the last town/city you visited? Say I loose a battle near Lavender Town in Kanto then end up back in Goldenrod.

Last edited:

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
I'm not mad, just confused. Why can water pokemon like Goldeen, fallow you around on LAND??? It weirds me out. I wish they would have put more thought into something like that. You shouldn't be able to use water type pokemon unless there's a body of water nearby or they are anphibous like Polidtoad.

It flops about but yeah I can see your logic.

Why do our pokemon turn into purple blobs when they use HM moves like Surf, Fly and Rock Climb on the field?

I think its because you can hack Pokemon to get these HM moves and that means you need shapes for every Pokemon. Using one blob would probably be best. Sort of similar to creating a ????? Arceus type to stop the game from crashing

Loosing a battle in the games are pretty strange too.
How the heck can you rush your pokemon to a Poke Center if you pass out???? And why do you end up in the last town/city you visited? Say I loose a battle near Lavender Town in Kanto then end up back in Goldenrod.

It's been like this for what, 12ish years.

Bold explanations. Hope their all right...

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
I think its because you can hack Pokemon to get these HM moves and that means you need shapes for every Pokemon. Using one blob would probably be best. Sort of similar to creating a ????? Arceus type to stop the game from crashing
No, I can almost assure you that is not the reason why. They're just lazy :/ (understandable though, creating an animation for every 493 Pokémon when they perform a HM move would take some time)

Irisfatum

The Sleepy Trainer
I'd be fine with being unable to catch Gligar in Soul Silver if I could just SEE one. I just beat Blue and I've yet to encounter a single trainer that uses a Gligar or a Gliscor...so, I can't offer to take one on GTS.

Anyone know of anywhere in Soul Silver where I can fight against a trainer using a Gligar or Gliscor? It's kinda ridiculous.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
I don't like getting phonecalls that aren't for a rematch. And what gets me is that they brag about a Pokemon that's long-since evolved.
But really, I don't care what they have to say unless it's for a battle.

Gallade20772

GAME OVER.
Why did they make finding 'Karate King' so HARD? I looked for him for TWO hours! (I still haven't found him... LOL!) Also, why can't you find RALTS in SoulSilver? He evolves into my fav pokemon!!!! I'm sure people like Gallade too! GO ;475;!

Budew

Banned
1. Every other starter besides Chikorita got super moves.
Cyndaquil=Eruption
Tododile=Ice Fang
Chikorita=Splash(you get the point)

I think Leaf blade would be PERFECT for the Chikorita line... They got a big leaf on their head afterall!!!

2. Ever see how much a seperate Pokewalker costs on ebay? It's ridiculous

3. The lack of Johto fire types... There's the cyndaquil,houndour, and slugma lines, that's it. (though magby is awesome!)

4. How hard it is to catch a Herracross

5. Well most people consider this a good thing... but I miss the challenge of Falkner having mud-slap and Whitney's annoying Attract+Rollout combo :/

I'll think of more later

Sir-Aero

Soul of Silver
I only have one problem: The levels are too low,all across the board. Which provides inadequate training for the battle against Red.

Silver Totodile

1. Every other starter besides Chikorita got super moves.
Cyndaquil=Eruption
Tododile=Ice Fang
Chikorita=Splash(you get the point)

I think Leaf blade would be PERFECT for the Chikorita line... They got a big leaf on their head afterall!!!

Meganium doesn't have a leaf. And anyway chikorita's move list is okay. It learns Synthesis at a low level and leanrs solar beam eventually. Though I do admit that ice fang and eruption are better.

2. Ever see how much a seperate Pokewalker costs on ebay? It's ridiculous

I agree, the price is high but that's not Nintendo's fault.

4. How hard it is to catch a Herracross

I didn't find it hard at all in HG. You just need to know headbut and start smashing tees outside Azalea town. They arnt even rare, they are just at a rather low level. It only takes about fifteen minutes to train them up though

5. Well most people consider this a good thing... but I miss the challenge of Falkner having mud-slap and Whitney's annoying Attract+Rollout combo :/

Never found Falkner's mud-slap very troublesome in crystal at all.. even with cyndaquil. Also, and I know there are hundreds of others who will agree with me here, but I find Whitney strongly demanding anyway and on that note, I'm nearly posotive that she used that combo in HG.

I'll think of more later

My thoughts are in bold ;)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Hmmm... Now, she didn't actually say that she allowed the evolution to be completed, now did she? She just said it was evolving, not that it had evolved. Perhaps she stopped it, maybe she doesn't want Marill to evolve.

It seems more like an inconsistency to me. They probably didn't think about changing Marill's overworld sprite to an Azumarill sprite, to match Lyra's comment on the PokeGear. It's sort of like how Youngster Joey calls you about his Rattata, even when it's already evolved into Raticate. They're just small inconsistencies. Nothing too major, but still kind of funny.

Anyway, this isn't a large issue per se, but I'm sort of wondering why they added the ability to take random photos with Pokemon/characters in HeartGold/SoulSilver. It seems sort of unnecessary to me. They don't serve a purpose since we can't print them out like we could in the original G/S/C games. It might have seemed like a cool idea at first, but now that I look back, it just seems like a waste of space.

Last edited:

Budew

Banned
Meganium doesn't have a leaf. And anyway chikorita's move list is okay. It learns Synthesis at a low level and leanrs solar beam eventually. Though I do admit that ice fang and eruption are better.

Gallade doesn't have a leaf either
Bellosom only has a leaf hula skirt
Farfetch'd has an onion stick... I think I've made my point.

Chikorita is known as the LEAF pokemon, so I think it would make sense...
Meganium has petals anyway, and can also learn razor leaf, so I rest my case

I agree, the price is high but that's not Nintendo's fault.

I know that... people are just stupid

I didn't find it hard at all in HG. You just need to know headbut and start smashing tees outside Azalea town. They arnt even rare, they are just at a rather low level. It only takes about fifteen minutes to train them up though

Weird, I heard it takes several hours to find one

Never found Falkner's mud-slap very troublesome in crystal at all.. even with cyndaquil. Also, and I know there are hundreds of others who will agree with me here, but I find Whitney strongly demanding anyway and on that note, I'm nearly posotive that she used that combo in HG.

Mudslap is bad for Geodude, which is basically the only effective pokemon you can get if you get Chikorita. Without attract, Whitney would be a cakewalk, so that's where a female Chikorita shows her true colors

So yeah, Chikorita is awesome regardless

Rentaline99

who ya gonna call?
Has most likely been said, but the fact that your pokemon aren't outside the daycare anymore/ you cannot approach them in the daycare.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I miss ... Whitney's annoying Attract+Rollout combo :/

OK, couple of things. One, how in the name of Rocket Boss Giovanni could you possibly miss the most hellish and fiendish combination of Pokemon and moves in the history of the series?! And two, how can you miss it in any case? Whitney's Miltank still uses those moves. In fact, its moveset hasn't changed a bit since the days of GSC. Ohhh, bad memories, baaad memories...

"Enemy MILTANK used ROLLOUT!"

...ugh...