• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Warshadow

I'm Not Trading
no at all.

Piplup~Luver

Squirtle
I never heard they changed its sprite?

well the battle frontier sucks because I preferably liked the old Frontier Symbols.

Really? Something as simple as the symbols is why you want the old frontier back? That sounds a little strange don't you think?

Anyway, my only gripe so far (as I have yet to play the game) is the lack of the VS Seeker as many of you have said already. It's not too bad though because you can battle people as many times as you'd like so long as it's their rematch day. At least it isn't like Emerald where you had to hope and pray for a call from a Gym Leader just for a rematch.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
the only thing that makes me annoyed is everyone complaning about the bf being the same as the one in plat. they're the same for compatibility so can people stop complaining about it.

I second that. There really isnt a problem with putting the same BF in HG/SS as it was in Pt. Better that than just one Battle Tower.

Warshadow

I'm Not Trading
I think maybe that they are like foreshadowing the next season of pokemon by putting the BF in both games, in my opinion they are gonna get Ash to challenge the new Frontier in Johto to mix it up with HG/SS like they did with FR/LG except those games didn't have a BF. Just my opinion, not something you guys to get jumpy about and to start getting mad at me for.

Warshadow

I'm Not Trading
I think maybe that they are like foreshadowing the next season of pokemon by putting the BF in both games, in my opinion they are gonna get Ash to challenge the new Frontier in Johto to mix it up with HG/SS like they did with FR/LG except those games didn't have a BF. Just my opinion, not something you guys to get jumpy about and to start getting mad at me for.

Kaliber

Older Master
I'm angry at the fact that Game freak is repeating their mistakes.

Think of it like this, Ruby and Sapphire could not hold a candle to all the awesome that was in Gold and Silver. G/S/C Had day and night, weekly events, 16 badges, connection to the show, and it felt like an adventure. R/S/E lost all those elements and had tons more flaws.

I'm worried that Game Freak will make the same mistake by making the 5th gen not as good as the games they just released.

Kaliber

Older Master

Think of it like this, Ruby and Sapphire could not hold a candle to all the awesome that was in Gold and Silver. G/S/C Had day and night, weekly events, 16 badges, connection to the show, and it felt like an adventure. R/S/E lost all those elements and had tons more flaws.

I'm worried that Game Freak will make the same mistake by making the 5th gen not as good as the games they just released.

Kreis

Still Dirrty

Just because you didn't like them doesn't mean they were bad games.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Ah huh.

Think of it like this, Ruby and Sapphire could not hold a candleto all the awesome that was in Gold and Silver

Entirely subjective.

connection to the show

Sure didn't.

R/S/E lost all those elements

Some of them.

and had tons more flaws.

Right. Such as?

I actually heard a rumor that Game Freak intends to purposely make the 5th gen "not as good as the games they just released." Thoughts?

chiper12

Artsy Smeargle
Just because you didn't like them doesn't mean they were good games.

Nah, Ruby/Saph/Em did have some of flaws. They were awesome games, and a major step up over all, but still lacked alot of the good things crystal had.

Edit: Actually thinking about getting emerald again for pal park...

Last edited:

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Nah, Ruby/Saph/Em did have alot of flaws. They were awesome games, and a major step up over all, but still lacked alot of the good things crystal had.

Right, as BCVM22 said, what flaws?

chiper12

Artsy Smeargle
Right, as BCVM22 said, what flaws?

16 gyms and a longer storyline being two prime examples.

Overall the game could have been much more larger then it already was. As proven in gold, silver, and crystal- but like I said, ruby and sapphire had alot of great advances as well.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
16 gyms and a longer storyline being two prime examples.

Overall the game could have been much more larger then it already was. As proven in gold, silver, and crystal- but like I said, ruby and sapphire had alot of great advances as well.

Not having 16 gyms is a flaw? That's not a flaw, that's a personal preference that you have. I can't recall the story line from G/S/C, but from what I remember, they weren't very long, other than one being able to go to Kanto afterwards.

marto_motoko

Steel Trainer
Only thing I'm bothered by is people saying that Heart Gold has better Pokemon than Soul Silver.

I highly disagree. From things like Skarmory, to Ninetales, Ursaring, and Groudon, I don't see what the big deal is. It's completely up to taste in my eyes.

I'd rather have Vulpix than Growlithe, because quite frankly I just don't feel like I'd at all know what to do with an Arcanine, but feel comfortable with Ninetale's movesets. I like Lugia more, so I want it faster, not only, but unlike the past, now if you have "version exclusives" the online trade centers make it retardedly easy for you to just click, and trade. Voila! Problem solved.

The ONLY gripe I have with these two titles so far is the lack of animation for many of the sprites. Every single pokemon so far has been animated for Platinum, so why not use the animated version for the pokemon that instead have a stagnant animation, such as Scyther and others?

txdaan

Who reads this is...
I'm more angry about Platinum than HG/SS, but I really hate it that it's impossible to trade the Griseous Orb to HG/SS because it unequips when you connect to another DS for trades(or D/P for battles), while Nintendo easily could've programmed that it would unequip only if you connected to Diamond and Pearl. Now I have to get an event Arceus just to get a Griseous Orb, while if Nintendo would've thought ahead just a little bit more I could've just traded it over without any trouble. At least the Gracidea and the Rotom formes are available in a normal way, but couldn't they have just made it that if you have a Giratina you can go somewhere and get the item (just like with Shaymin).

For the rest I don't really have a problem with anything, although being able to fly to the Frontier Front and Safari Zone seems to be a little overkill as the walk is very short from Olivine and Cianwood. The Pokéathlon dome didn't need it either. That and the fact that you can just fly to the Pokémon League / Victory Road entrance and then to the other region, they pretty much every point in walking/cycling/taking the train.

Warshadow

I'm Not Trading
personally i liked all pokemon games, the only flaw i saw from R/S/E was the berry glitch, but it got fix'd with the bonus disc from Pokemon colosseum, so really there weren't many flaws except that it was impossible to catch all the pokemons up to that generation.

Jareddude123

I'm a Soul-Silverer!
I'm confused that the bag's picture is the same one in Diamond and Pearl, but the one he has on his back is square and awesoem??
*cry*

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
I dislike that Donphan/Ursaring didn't get switched like they did 10 years ago, but that could be the nostalgia talking