• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Nacreous

Fire trainer
The game is a little suffocating for the following reasons:
-there is a small number of TM's that you have access to
-you can't find that many pkmn...seriously...it's very limited
-it's difficult to find the evolution stones
-it's difficult to win the first prize in the Bug-Catching Contest..I never won
-you are able to catch Sneasel & Houndour only in Kanto wich is the weirdest thing

I do like that the trainers have a variety of pkmn like Charmeleon or Magmar

-No slot machines in the Game Corner. I hate the Voltorb flip since it's a waste of time IMO.
-The Tin Tower is now the Bell Tower. That ****** me off so much.
-They changed Karen's famous speech after you beat her. It's all the same up to the last part, and I hate that so much (since I quote her in my sigs).
-Lack of areas to train (excluding the Elite Four). My team is strong, but not strong enough to beat the post 16 badges-Elite Four without having to use a lot of Revives/Hyper Potions.
-Lack of VS. Seeker. I loved that thing.
-The complete copy of Platinum's Battle Frontier. I would have liked something new >.>
-That you have to beat/catch Ho-oh/Lugia before you can go to Kanto, when battling them was an option in the old games.

The Tin/Bell Tower thing ****** me off a lot... and Karen's lines too >.>

Last edited:

rocky505

The game is a little suffocating for the following reasons:
-there is a small number of TM's that you have access to
-you can't find that many pkmn...seriously...it's very limited
-it's difficult to find the evolution stones SOme trainers give you them and Bill's Grandpa gives you some
-it's difficult to win the first prize in the Bug-Catching Contest..I never won Just catch a high leveled Bug Pokemon with full HP and you will win.
-you are able to catch Sneasel & Houndour only in Kanto wich is the weirdest thing

I do like that the trainers have a variety of pkmn like Charmeleon or Magmar
Comments in Bold.

awesomeray

i find it annoying how you cant turn off the little ding sounds that go off everytime you move up and down menus

Furball

<Pikachus' gone MAD!
people here like *****in 'bout the non complaniest things to complain about. So far I like the game for what it is. I do wish some things were different.

Out of all the pokemon that follow you, why can't HO-OH follow you. It was a little disappointing. The gym battles feel a little too close together in terms of game time.

People who complain about the voltorb game are quitters. If you want to be a quitter that's fine, but don't pretend because you suck at it, it means it's a terrible game. The more rounds you get right with it the larger the cache(a lot larger) is when you win that round. I made to round 6 or 7 and got about 500 coins from one round. There is a good Voltorb strategy guide on gamefaqs.com to help you get better at the game. It's a logic puzzle you can greatly reduce the luck part to it.

I like that I caught Ho-OH today with a net ball.

rocky505

Stop saying we're quitters if we hate it we hate it. It was stupid of them to take the slots out. It's all you Europeons fault.

BCVM22

Out of all the pokemon that follow you, why can't HO-OH follow you.

What? It can.

It was stupid of them to take the slots out.

Not really. Again, keeping the slots might not have caused a problem. Taking them out definitely won't. If you think you wouldn't do the exact same thing if you were in a position to make that decision, you're kidding yourself.

It's all you Europeons fault.

Can you prove that if they hadn't been removed from the European games, they wouldn't have been removed elsewhere?

How do you know that Nintendo of America wouldn't have come to that decision on their own anyway? Trying to blame it on one region just because we knew of it from there first is of questionable logic, at best.

rocky505

Look at Platinum BCVM they removed the slots in the game from Europe but eveywhere but Europe had the slots. They got the idea to remove them from all countries but japan in HGSS because of Europe there for it is their fault.

BCVM22

They got the idea to remove them from all countries but japan in HGSS because of Europe there for it is their fault.

The point very much remains. How can you prove that even if the European Platinum release had been unaltered, they wouldn't have elected to start removing the slots with the international HG/SS releases?

For that matter, how do you know this isn't the next step in an effort to standardize the inclusion of such things worldwide (an effort that just happened to begin with European Platinum) and the Japanese releases of the 5th generation titles won't have any such slot games either?

Again, you're taking the fact that it was the European games where the removal was first implemented and somehow twisting it to mean that we have Europe to blame, which, again, you can't prove.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Chuck's Poliwrath, Whitney's Miltank and Pryce's Seel. They shouldn't exist, and yet they should to make my life a *****.

ForeverFlame

MILTANK!!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I lost for the first time yet because of that damn cow. I had it on the edge, but then it attracted me, used Milk Drink, and stomped my remaining Pokemon to death.

That stupid piece of beef. I'm going to make a Big Mac out of you, I swear!

rocky505

How are Chuck's Poliwrath, and Pryce's Seel screwed up. miltank I understand but the other two are quite easy to handle.

Warshadow

I'm Not Trading
Stupid freeze I just beat all the goddamn trainers at the lighthouse just to get to Jasmine so it could freeze, I had to Freakin start over again!!

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
How are Chuck's Poliwrath, and Pryce's Seel screwed up. miltank I understand but the other two are quite easy to handle.

Had a bad experience with Chuck. Seel is annoying when your trying to level up a Quilava and it uses RestSnore.

I forgot Morty's Gengar too.

Voltorb Flip. This mini-game is absolutely the dumbest mini-game I have ever had the displeasure of seeing in ANY game, period. Whoever created this needs to be stabbed repeatedly until dead.

PkMnPwNs1991

<- Hot tamale
The level ranges are a little odd to me. I remember in the original Gold version I only leveled up my Typhlosion and Ampharos, and I had no problem keeping my levels ahead of the other trainers. However, this play-through I had 5/6 of my team by the third gym, and it was somewhat difficult to level all 5 together while still maintaining the level range of the gym leaders and Archer. When I faced Archer, my highest levelled pokemon was Feraligatr at 35, and when I got to the eighth gym my Feraligatr was 37. From the looks of it, my Heracross leeched quite a bit of experience. The lower levels of my pokemon in relation to my opponents made the game a bit more challenging, not easy mode like previous games, but it got annoying having my pokemon systematically one-shot by Kingdra and the Kimono Girl's Espeon.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
MILTANK!!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I lost for the first time yet because of that damn cow. I had it on the edge, but then it attracted me, used Milk Drink, and stomped my remaining Pokemon to death.

That stupid piece of beef. I'm going to make a Big Mac out of you, I swear!
Ah...it was easy cuz I used my Golbat...first I used Taunt,then Confuse Ray & then just Wing Attack.Oh,& before Golbat my Quilava used like 3 Smokescreens on it & it couldn't land that annoying Rollout.This time the game was succesful but when I played the 2nd gen games Witney was the most difficult gym leader to beat...it took me like 5 tries to beat her