• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

cazatron

I JUST WANT TO BUY SOME COINS XO
or at least provide a shortcut around the game so it's easier than it is.
also the pokemon on victory road and in the league need to be leveled up a little more because it's the main place i use for grinding

The new box system confuses me. There's too many things you have to click just to get your party pokemon in a box. It's even harder if you're not in the right box in the first place or you're trying to rearrange the Pokemon in the box.

I don't mind the Pokegear, but they should have kept the Vs Seeker rather than having to wait for trainers to call you :/

One thing that has annoyed me since the original games- Why must you wait until after the Elite 4 to catch Houndour and Sneasel?

I'd also like to be able to buy coins. I suck at the Voltorb game so it's going to take me forever to get to 10,000 coins.

kemal07

Im very happy, we waited all these years and we got what we want. The only thing that upsets me is that there isn't any evolutionary stones in the wild :( before Kanto, in Johto.

Larvitar being obtainable after the 6/7/8th gym leader is my favourite bit..

kemal07

Im very happy, we waited all these years and we got what we want. The only thing that upsets me is that there isn't any evolutionary stones in the wild :( before Kanto, in Johto.

Larvitar being obtainable after the 6/7/8th gym leader is my favourite bit..

Juxtaposition

Pokelover
1 thing: higher encounter rate for wild pokémon.
When I am trying to explore a cave or something, every 2 seconds... bam wild poké.
Drives me nuts.

THIS. A THOUSAND TIMES THIS.

I can understand them increasing the encounter rate due to a sheer "MO' BATTLES MO' FUN" mentality, but it can sometimes be completely ridiculous.

.:Alex:.

I have to agree with that. I also find that they can prevent you from escaping more often than before (and by much weaker Pokemon too) Suddenly a 4x4 patch of grass has become absolutely terrifying.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
WTF? They changed the guy outside the Celadon gym!
Originally, he said: "This gym is great! It's full of hot girls!"
Now they changed it to: "This gym is great! It's full of strong trainers!"
:(

dragoonanime

I really hate that they removed the room decorating function and that they removed one day of traveling on the SS Aqua for both ways.

blasmud

sometimes the following gets a bit annoying, when your trying to do something and my feraligater is stalking me:)

TheGreekGod

im bored lets battle
i miss the vs seeker...:(

and the fukin GAME CORNER! OMG SOO ANNOYIN>>>> I JUS WANT MY TM'S!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
A small problem, reall minute, you cant hear the roket tower takeover on the GB player, despite bing programmed into the game (look for it on youtube I swear its there)

The GB player earlier would be nice only beacuse certan music cant ber heard after ytou get it.

A wild remix for the birds/metwo would have been nice too...

I'll stop whining now XD

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
A small problem, reall minute, you cant hear the roket tower takeover on the GB player, despite bing programmed into the game (look for it on youtube I swear its there)

The GB player earlier would be nice only beacuse certan music cant ber heard after ytou get it.
One channel on Sunday plays songs you can't hear with the GB Sounds, such as the Team Rocket takeover.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
I dislike the fact that the character gives his number to everyone........let me repeat everyone it gets really annoying when you just finish defeating an evil orginization and some idiot calls you about his "special" rattata.

I also hate that they changed running's secondary affect from reducing encounter rates to increasing them.

Last edited:
- Ridiculously low levels, especially throughout Kanto
- Copy / Paste areas from Platinum; especially funny and shows are c/p they are as footsteps sounds weren't added to the Frontier and the GTS, and the Frontier contains Sinnoh Trainer Classes and OWs
- Team Rocket remain week and lack a goal (aside from bringing back Giovanni)

Not much else. It's a damn good game, and I'm enjoying every minute of it. But nothing is truly new, it's a remake and all of the new features were present in Platinum; the only "new" additions include the Safari Zone (which is annoying) and the Pokethlon (which is, at best, an occasional distraction).

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
I dislike the fact that the character gives his number to everyone........let me repeat everyone it gets really annoying when you just finish defeating an evil orginization and some idiot calls you about his "special" rattata.

I also hate that they changed running's secondary affect from reducing encounter rates to increasing them.

1. Giving number to trainers is completely optional.

2. Running never reduced encounter rates. It always increased them.

MasterChaos45

1) Battle Frontier is just a copy/paste from Platinum, even the partner characters from D/P/Pt are there for some reason.
2) Encounter rate is too high, I don't see why they felt the need to up it, Like sometimes I walk like 2 steps and its a wild battle, its annoying.
3) No Vs. Seeker, they add the Battle Frontier, the GTS, and the Vs recorder, why not add the Vs. Seeker? It was one of the most useful items in FR/LG/D/P/Pt.
4) Beginning of the game, it holds your hand a lot during the beginning, and people seem to stop you every few steps, and they replaced the Pokedude with Lyra/Ethan, speaking about Lyra/Ethan why did they decide to put that in anyway? It seemed like a pointless addition.

kiltank

Kiltank
how low the levels are on the wild pokemon

yeah. im trying to catch ho-oh, but the wild pokemon have been lvl 23 since cianwood city. its so pathetic

1 thing: higher encounter rate for wild pokémon.
When I am trying to explore a cave or something, every 2 seconds... bam wild poké.
Drives me nuts.

i like that. actually getting to train without going out of my way

2) The box interface is REALLY clunky. A huge step down from DP. Almost as bad as the boxes in the original GS lol.

3) Why do I have to catch Ho-oh now?!

4) Still hate Whitney's Miltank :p

5) I don't care how damn much you think your Rattata is "special"! Stop calling me!

hell. yes. the PC is insanely slow, i suck at catching legendaries, her miltank took me six tries and literally half an hour to beat (i even had to pp stall its milk drink), and what kind of rattata is "special"?! i beat it in one hit, just like all the others. big woop

ranting is fun!

dragoniteKnight

Pose as a team
Lmbo XD I don't mind those... as much as I'm ticked about how hard it is to get a Surfing Pikachu.

I don't walk 10,000 + steps every day ya know :p. I'm lucky if I get over 2000 + steps...

I remember that old guy XD. Too bad that the censored him.

As for complaints...

I'm just ticked about how long it takes to get anything rare in Yellow Forest. I've been wanting a legit Surfing Pikachu -- for a long time... and I still haven't gotten one :(. I don't walk 10,000 + steps every day either :p. Generally around 2000 + steps or so on a good day...

i was first angry with that, but a surfchu and two flychus later i realise that it had to be done to prevent people from getting like 100 a day....but 5% wouldnt have been to bad :S

I'd also like to be able to buy coins. I suck at the Voltorb game so it's going to take me forever to get to 10,000 coins.

this....and bring back the slots.....times a billion, is there anything to waste my money on now after i beat the elite four 100+ times like i normaly do?