• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Udthon

Pokemaniac
oh ya, you could. I remember when i first got the game i was disappointed about that but i must have forgotten.

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
Agreed, having certain Pokemon only able to evolve in certain areas of Sinnoh was bad enough, but not including similar areas in following games is ridiculous, especially if you want to use HG/SS as your main game.

HELLO.

HGSS are remakes, it wasn't in the old one, it's probably not gonna be in here. (But don't mention the Battle Frontier)

It's also the point of trading, they'd put that awesome function in there just so people wouldn't use it.

So if they did include evolution areas for Sinnoh Pokemon, trading would probably go down a lot.

Zbynek

Thats a good point...but still, yeah its a remake but....was 3rd and 4th generation also in old game ? nope

RLinksoul

HELLO.

HGSS are remakes, it wasn't in the old one, it's probably not gonna be in here. (But don't mention the Battle Frontier)

It's also the point of trading, they'd put that awesome function in there just so people wouldn't use it.

So if they did include evolution areas for Sinnoh Pokemon, trading would probably go down a lot.

And yet the little rocks that Deoxys uses to change forms can be found outside Pewter City. And Rotom's appliances could be found in Silph Co.

SneaselClaw

And yet the little rocks that Deoxys uses to change forms can be found outside Pewter City. And Rotom's appliances could be found in Silph Co.

Exactly, and as Willow's Tara pointed out, there are good places in HGSS that could have easily gotten these minor additions without making them look out of place

Also, Dan the Poke Man, you gave the example of the Battle Frontier, but what about the Safari Zone, Pokeathalon, there were a bunch of new areas added. So yes these are remakes, but they've been updated for 4th Gen.
As for trading, I doubt having a place to evolve Glaceon, Leafeon, Magnezone and Probopass in HG/SS will affect trading that much.

Last edited:

ChimFang

how come HG is better than SS? i think theyre both the same . i like Lugia more than Ho-Oh. lugia prownz ho-oh in one hit with Hydropump lol. but the only thing that bugs me about HG SS is that you can only go to Kanto/Johto even though in game you will notice that alot of ppl say things like: You should do the Wolrd Championship which i though:" cool maybe you can go to Hoenn and Sinnoh" but you cant. so its a little misleading.

Acherus

HELLO.

What the others have said and that, if it was carbon copy remake, what would be the point? The idea of a remake is to give the feel of the old one while still adding new thigns and upgrading it to be better. As they have said, many things already show this, not to mention the game designer in Game Freak's office in Celadon saying the same thing himself... 4th wall breaking ******* :D

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
The pokéwalker doesn't want to give me a Magby...

Wednesday I had a cubone in the pokéwalker, group A pokémon was Onix
Thursday it was a diglet...same problem
and it's still the same today with a Marill (!!!)

Am I cursed or what ?

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Hey im not 100% sure about this, but in the original versions, could you decorate your room? For some reason I can remember this, but I may be mistaken. If this is true then im annoyed that they took it out of the new remakes.

Yet another thing I was disappointed with. They really didn't need to remove that...

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
...I think I was off...

But you still get my point.

They didn't put it in there.

Big deal.

The other Eeveelutions are better by far, anyway. (Although that's just my opinion)

EDIT: You're actually right Sneasel, it wouldn't affect it that much, but if you think about how much people like them, it could put a dent, big or small, in the amount of trading that happens.

But I think that exceeds the point of the thread.

Last edited:

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
The pokéwalker doesn't want to give me a Magby...

Wednesday I had a cubone in the pokéwalker, group A pokémon was Onix
Thursday it was a diglet...same problem
and it's still the same today with a Marill (!!!)

Am I cursed or what ?
Have you taken out your Pokémon and put them back in?

You're just unlucky. :p

Etrigan85

UU/NU Trainer
No Poketch! that really annoyed me actually, the pokegear is awful in comparison and looking thru it for a map and dodgy radio stations, OH and not being able to fly from say Johto to Kanto and vice versa instead u have to fly to the indigo plataeu or victory road and then fly AGAIn to get to the town u wanted

Last edited:

Ryyu

what annoys me the most is team rocket. _SPOILERS AHEAD!_ my main concern is Proton,Petrel,Arania and Archer. Silver aka your rival is also annoying! real annoying!

AlexanderRM

Beginning Trainer
how come HG is better than SS? i think theyre both the same . i like Lugia more than Ho-Oh. lugia prownz ho-oh in one hit with Hydropump lol. but the only thing that bugs me about HG SS is that you can only go to Kanto/Johto even though in game you will notice that alot of ppl say things like: You should do the Wolrd Championship which i though:" cool maybe you can go to Hoenn and Sinnoh" but you cant. so its a little misleading.

Wow... going to Hoenn and Sinnoh would be pretty cool. It would be sort of interesting to build on the "remake" idea and have it expand the same thing with the original Gold/Silver letting you go to another region, letting you go to a third region after that. It would also have been nice if you could've gone to Orre on that note, but meh... even Hoenn wasn't too likely to happen.

I would've been happy with just the Sevvi Islands being kept, that would have been consistent with the FR/LG remake idea as well. And if you were able to go to Hoenn then you'd probably go there first and go to Hoenn from there... but still, I'd just be happy with the Sevvi Islands.

AlexanderRM

Beginning Trainer

Wow... going to Hoenn and Sinnoh would be pretty cool. It would be sort of interesting to build on the "remake" idea and have it expand the same thing with the original Gold/Silver letting you go to another region, letting you go to a third region after that. It would also have been nice if you could've gone to Orre on that note, but meh... even Hoenn wasn't too likely to happen.

I would've been happy with just the Sevvi Islands being kept, that would have been consistent with the FR/LG remake idea as well. And if you were able to go to Hoenn then you'd probably go there first and go to Hoenn from there... but still, I'd just be happy with the Sevvi Islands.

I had a fit of rage when I realized that the Day Care people deleted Fly off of my Flying Pikachu. ;_; and then I went to the move re-learner and couldn't have it relearned. D: