• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Quinn

Well Bulbapedia is your friend, atleast assuming you wanted to know how/when/where to catch Lapras. It's all on there.

Youtube guides/walktroughs usually suck.

Last edited:

Electric

Here's something confusing:

Mary: Welcome to the Prof Oak Talk Show blah blah blah.
Oak: RATTATA may be seen around Bell Tower!
Mary: RATTATA, just calling it's name will make you feel special.
-or-
Mary: RATTATA, poking it with a stick will amuse you.

WTF is wrong with Mary?

FallenStar93

It's annoying that the Vs. Seeker is missing.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
here's something confusing:

Meditite, a Hoenn Pokemon, is obtainable with Sinnoh Sound.

sweeney123

Eevee Trainer
i dont really like how your mom doesnt buy you anything to customize your room like in the old games. all she does now is buy you berrys.

Klinny

Skitty Chaser
I really miss the room decorations. I was hoping for a Secret Base of some sort as well, and was a little disappointed that they didn't include one in the game.

Having the Pokemon follow you is adorable, though, and more than makes up for it.

7 tyranitars

This.
What I don't get is how her marill has evolved all five times that she's said that to me.
mayby she has multiple marils? :/

Zildane

Dark Trainer
Here's something that REALLY makes me mad. When i EV train in any stat, it all goes to defence! Example: I fight a ton of Golbats with Macho Brace or Power Anklet. After leveling up, my defence goes up by 20 and speed by 9???? no joke any stat too with any pkmn. I dunno what it is :(

Zildane

Dark Trainer
Here's something that REALLY makes me mad. When i EV train in any stat, it all goes to defence! Example: I fight a ton of Golbats with Macho Brace or Power Anklet. After leveling up, my defence goes up by 20 and speed by 9???? no joke any stat too with any pkmn. I dunno what it is :(

Shimama

.the~desert~spirit.
The only thing in HG/SS that bothers me is that you apparently cannot have trainer rematches with the people registered in your Pokegear until after you beat the Elite Four, or something like that. So most only call to tell me pointless crap that I don't care about.

Because I swear to Christ, if I have to hear about Joey's Rattata one more frigging time, I'm gonna sic my Seviper on him. Because I know how much she'd love to eat his stupid purple rat.

Kyukon_Mars

here's something confusing:

Meditite, a Hoenn Pokemon, is obtainable with Sinnoh Sound.

I always found that confusing too. Even though Meditite is obtainable in Sinnoh, I thought it would make more sense to have Hoenn Sound since Meditite was introduced in Generation III.

i dont really like how your mom doesnt buy you anything to customize your room like in the old games. all she does now is buy you berrys.

This.

Ethan's/Lyra's phone calls are very pointless. It's always about Marill or the Pokemon Center or something random like that. If he/she gave you something or you could rebattle him/her that would be nice. Then again there are some other trainers who you can register in the Pokegear but never rebattle either. Seems pointless.

WishforaMilotic

Shiny Hunter~♥
NO-SECRET-BASES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! Johto and Kanto would be perfect if they had secret bases!!!
Johto , G/S/C were my favorite games... Yet I love Hoen's secret bases. Johto+secret bases would be my PERFECT region...

D*N

Musical Star
The stupid phonecalls:
The radiotower is just taking over by criminals, I try to save the world, and then I got a call from someone who talks about his stupid pointless rattata!
That just don't make sense.
Or I just walk right away the champion-> phonecall: My marill blablabla.
I don't care about that stupid marill!

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
Something that confuses me...
Hopefully someone can answer my question for me? xD
Why is Gliscor said to be exclusive to HeartGold? Will it only evolve in HeartGold? I don't really get it.