• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anything in HGSS make you angry/confused?

Wallaroo42

Knight who says Ni
I've got one: That most of the good TMs can only be gotten through the battle frontier shop. Who thought of that >_>

I keep getting disappointed when I look up what moves my pokemon can learn here om serebii then I realize I can't get the TM without doing those boring battles. I feel like they're trying to force me to participate in a side quest that I don't really enjoy.

BCVM22

*chuckles* Not everybody lives in the US or a first world country I'm afraid. There are simply places and locations that do not have Wi-Fi coverage.

And yet if you're able to post on this board, chances are you don't live in a third world country where you're more concerned with finding clean water and keeping the goats out of your bed than you are finding Wi-Fi somewhere, no?

Let's not do the "well not everyone has Wi-Fi!" shidibble just for the sake of it, hm?

Kreis

Still Dirrty
*chuckles* Not everybody lives in the US or a first world country I'm afraid. There are simply places and locations that do not have Wi-Fi coverage.

I'm well aware of this. What made you think I wasn't?

Wi-Fi is still a quite common thing. The first user that I quoted, if his location is correct, lives in Oporto, Portugal. That's a fairly large city. Which is the reason why I stated for him to visit a location with Wi-Fi.

Rue Aerith

CoeurDeMirage

And yet if you're able to post on this board, chances are you don't live in a third world country where you're more concerned with finding clean water and keeping the goats out of your bed than you are finding Wi-Fi somewhere, no?

Let's not do the "well not everyone has Wi-Fi!" shidibble just for the sake of it, hm?

*Chuckles* No, there are no goats in my bed, but sometimes there is difficulty in finding potable water. And just because I have internet or even DSL doesn't automatically mean I have Wi-Fi, do I? The fact is there are many people and homes that may have DSL but do not have Wi-Fi routers. And those routers do cost a little bit of damage here.

The Philippines is a 3rd world country after all. And while we do have access to DS and Pokemon, I hope we could be forgiven if we are not blanketed in wireless internet connection.

The fact is this thread is here because people want to say what inconveniences them. And like I said it's not because there's not way around but simply because they find it annoying to have to go through certain lengths to be able to do that. If help can be provided so that they can be able to do it better then that would be very nice indeed. But we can't stop them from making complaints: it is the point of the thread, the title, and the discussion. Otherwise you might as well just ask the moderators to close this thread.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Posting on a message board like this and playing online need different levels of Internet. The Serebii Forums can work even on the slowest dial-up, as it's largely text-based. Getting Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection (or Xbox Live or the Playstation Network) to work requires at least a DSL connection, especially with the Nintendo DS as it can't use a wired connection and dial-up doesn't work wirelessly.

Of course, if you're posting here, you probably have the time and money, or the ability to find access, to better Internet than dial-up. But it's just a thought, considering dial-up still accounts for about 50% of the United States, for one. Only Japan, western Europe, and Scandinavia are predominantly DSL or faster.

Also man blocking your way to rt. 44. I only just found out that Heracross could easily be found on tree just past where he was standing. He really is a mother****er that should rot and suffer in a humid yet scorching hell. I wish they didn't make all good bug types so rare. Scyther and Pinsir are found by throwing pokeballs that don't work in a contest that only happens once every few days and Heracross is like a 5% chance until you find that tree and Yanma is a 1% chance on rt 35.

Regarding Heracross, Azalea Town is the earliest point in the game where you can find them. I used Headbutt on every tree and eventually came across a Heracross and...knocked it out. Then I used Headbutt on that same tree and got another Heracross, which I caught. I decided to get myself another Heracross from this tree. If you want it, you can have it.

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
The fact is this thread is here because people want to say what inconveniences them. And like I said it's not because there's not way around but simply because they find it annoying to have to go through certain lengths to be able to do that. If help can be provided so that they can be able to do it better then that would be very nice indeed. But we can't stop them from making complaints: it is the point of the thread, the title, and the discussion. Otherwise you might as well just ask the moderators to close this thread.

Exactly.

I appreciate the help you presented Suicune, but I'm obviously familiar with the concept, even though I've never experimented wi-fi. I just found annoying that these simple things I exemplified weren't added (or were simply removed) in the remakes. I merely respected the thread and stated the reasons that were, in my opinion, confusing.

Aurath8

I've got one: That most of the good TMs can only be gotten through the battle frontier shop. Who thought of that >_>

I keep getting disappointed when I look up what moves my pokemon can learn here om serebii then I realize I can't get the TM without doing those boring battles. I feel like they're trying to force me to participate in a side quest that I don't really enjoy.

Another thing is that the TMs are very useful for the BF. Without the TMs my most powerful pokemon can only manage a streak of 30 in the Battle Hall which is the only place where I can compete with the haxy AI. In other facilities I can't even get a streak of five. Also all the platinum tutors now want BP making things even worse.

invaderdim

Dimmest of the Dim^^
my dave file getting corrupted for a good 1 or 2 days then my pokewalker diary getting am and pm mixed up the next day o_O
and i got my aggron family power medals in the pokeathlon :(

mAdkip

I was really ****** off by the fact that they completely hid generation 2, which was supposed to be the central one. In general, they Game Freak thinks that generation 2 cannot stand on its own feet, and tries to support it with gen 1. Most trainers, gym leaders and E4 have gen 1 pokemon, while gen2 pokemon can hardly been found in the wild (marill, yanma, snubbull, Remoraid, Qwilfish, etc) It's a pity, because, they finally made the decision to revive gen2 back from the dead, where they left it since the impressive gen 3 and 4 came out, and yet they covered it with gen 1...

xobybr

i hate that it takes forever to level up your pokemon becasue the highest level wild pokemon in jhoto are 25-ish. i also really hate that the gym leaders in Kanto are all lvl 50+. the voltorb flip is really stupid too

Aurath8

I hate how they think putting low levels will allow you to get through the game without being lvl 100 before Red. Seriously I fought almost every wild pokemon but still I needed to grind twenty levels to 77 before I could beat Red. Not to mention weak trainers and no traineres being in Victory Road with the excuse of having your weak rival defeat them all. Rather than seeing all johto dex pokemon for the national dex, which meant more trainers, they just had i given to you. I certainly choose stronger trainers over a less managable Red.
Kanto gyms also don't proggress in level except for blue's, sabrina's and Blaine's gym the latter two having pokemon at 57 and Blue's pokemon in the 60's. Gym leader rematches didn't provide much challenge either.
The need for nostalgia, Pryce still has that Piloswine, Bugsy has his cocoons and your Rival could have done with evolving his Sneasel. I'll forgive them for magneton as it's a location based evolution but not evolving his Sneasel simply because Weavile didn't exist back then is criminal. As are stone evolutions. Half the evolutionary stones cannot be found until the national dex. Screw nostalgia , I want a game that provides me a good challenge.
Finally repitition. You find Rattata on Route 30 and ill probably catch one for the dex. Your still finding them on route 34 which could have really done with another Psychic type like Ralts which swarms there.

Overall low levels and weak opponents.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I take it you're playing SoulSilver? I have HeartGold, so I can't get Kabuto, Lileep, Cranidos, or Shieldon on my own.

JWilliam

One thing which particularly made me angry was the extremly under-levelled trainers throughout the game, which means I have to spend ages grinding on Route 45, just so I can beat Clair, and then I have to grind in Victory Road to beat the E4 :mad:

Arbok

aka Arbok
Voltorb Flip. I actually don't care about Voltorb Flip, but you can't even buy coins :/

And I wish they integrated the PokéWalker in HG / SS.

Wallaroo42

Knight who says Ni
The PC in new bark town doesn't give you the option to move/withdraw/deposit pokemon.

Everytime I beat the E4 I have to walk all the way to the next town to get out my fly HM slave >_>

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Everytime I beat the E4 I have to walk all the way to the next town to get out my fly HM slave >_>

That's in every game.

I don't like how I don't have the option to skip battling Lugia until after the Elite Four. I know I can KO it and come back, but going to Whirl Islands is getting a bit annoying.

strategiser24

Mewtwo is awesome!
One thing that annoys me is the fact i my luck is terrible when catching Legendary Pokemon. It took me 56 Dusk Balls to catch Suicuine when he had almost 2 HP left with paralysis,

But its not suppose to be easy right?

Although when I went to catch Articuno, I got him down to 1/4 HP, used paralysis, and threw my first of 60 Dusk Balls and this is what I said.

1st shake: Well that was lucky
2nd shake: Its going to break out now
3rd shake: What the..
capture: Zomg!

So it takes my over 40 balls on everyone but it takes me only one on Articuno....